main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to post questions and discuss how the Star Wars universe works

Discussion in 'Communications' started by darth aether, Feb 29, 2016.

1. darth aether

darth aether Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2016
    I'm new here and I want to discuss how the Star Wars universe works, while also getting some questions answered about it. I'm always curious about the world-building aspects and how the world and its people function, especially since it helps me as a fic writer. For example what ships do the Rebel Alliance use, what is the daily life of senators of the Republic like, how does the political system work, what is Jedi procedure, etc.

I really don't know which forum to post on for this. Help?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Since you are looking from a writing point of view, why not check out our Fan Fiction and Writing Resource forum? You might find that the reference threads there answer some of your questions.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hi darth aether!

If you are looking to ask questions from a fanfic writing point of view, FanFic Writer's Resource is a great place as Laj said. If you are looking for specific/in-depth discussions, check out the new Index of Threads where you can find threads on any number of topics (Jedi, military, specific characters, etc.) . If you are looking to just as a small question or two, the Writer's Desk is the best place to ask. We also have a Fannon thread that is for world building and the things people make up to use in their fanfics.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or Briannakin, we're the fanfic mods and we are happy to help!