main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

where were K'Kruhk and T'ra Saa all this time?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senator_Cilghal, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    OK, is this gonna be revealed in a future comic, or did I just miss something? Where WERE these two all throughout the GCW, YVW, and GCW2?

2. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I'd love to see this as a novel.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    You and 2ndQuest both. [face_mischief]

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    It's kind of a long story. You see, K'kruhk had this freaking sweet hat...
    :p[face_beatup]

5. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Wasn't K'Khruk killed by Grievous in the Clone Wars animated (2d, boit the current series) inside a Starship that had crashed, I thought I read that somewhere...?

Daft-Vader

6. DragonMaster_85

DragonMaster_85 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2007
    I tend to think they've been in Luke's order for a while, probably just prior to NJO, in the background of course.

I too would love to see a Dark Times-set novel about this. Legacy's said that Tholme died shortly after the Rise of the Empire, so it'd be cool to se a novel or comic set shortly after Episode 3, with two seperate plots: K'khruk getting to the Hidden temple with his apprentice, and T'ra Saa, Tholme, Quinlan and the rest getting to the temple from Kashyyk.

7. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Yea, but he got better...

8. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    No. Supposedly, Whipids ( Kruhk'ks Species) Have the ability to put themselves into a meditative state if they get injured, and regrow certain parts of themselves.

9. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    He's like the Doctor from Doctor Who.

10. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    The hat stinks. There... I said it. Dang wannabe Yoda.

11. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    T'ra Saa's species have a history of going to sleep and popping up at radnom moments.

My personal fanon would be that Ood Bnar's sapling found her.

The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide makes no mention of Whipids having a healing trance but does give them 250 year+ lifespans. I don't know if that's a retcon or not.

There's always the possibility that K'Kruhk met up with the New Jedi Order years before the Vong War and was just never on screen. It's not like he would be the only Jedi whose never done anything.

12. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000

Maybe we'll find out about them in the forthcoming FOTJ novels. But if K'Kruhk actually says, "See, I had this freaking sweet hat", I can't tell how many of us will die laughing. And I mean that literally. [face_laugh]

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The Jedi humbled themselves before the Sith and buried their heads in the snow/sands of remote worlds. At least that's what Palapatine said. :p

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    T'ra Saa basically curled up in a corner of the Galaxy, literally, and sat things out in Neti tree form. She's obviously got serious issues with mourning and getting over loss in any normal time period, but apart from that her absence is pretty clear cut and easily explained. Not much for a book there.

K'Kruhk I think has more storytelling potential. I am not against him just sitting in the background as a member of the NJO from the beginning. However, I would find it a bit funny that he'd have been passed over for the Jedi Council all the time Luke was around, yet manages to end right back on the front benches come Legacy.

On that basis, I'd rather there be more to his absence. Shoot him off on Outbound Flight 2, or in a sleeper pod to the dwarf galaxy, or some other bizzare trip gone wrong that saw him return a la Vergere to discover a Galaxy quite unlike the one he remembered. Whatever... but make a story out of it. Council-to background-back to Council just feels a bit too convenient.

15. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    My personal theory is K'kruhk started his own Jedi Academy out in the Unknown regions, building up Jedi to eventually take down The Empire. Out of contact with the Galaxy proper, he didn't know that Palpy had been taken down until Luke and Ben (or maybe just Ben, or even Kol) find them sometime between MILLENIUM FALCON and Cade's birth.

16. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

CernStormrunner

My personal theory is K'kruhk started his own Jedi Academy out in the Unknown regions, building up Jedi to eventually take down The Empire. Out of contact with the Galaxy proper, he didn't know that Palpy had been taken down until Luke and Ben (or maybe just Ben, or even Kol) find them sometime between MILLENIUM FALCON and Cade's birth.

I would really hate that. It would diminish Luke terribly and make his most important role, that of restoring the Jedi Order, totally irrelevant and unnecessary. All of Luke's struggles to bring the Jedi back to the galaxy would have been for naught basically, especially since his Jedi Order is purged at the beginning of Legacy. :(

17. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Luke rendered T'ra Saa mentally retarded when he botched transplanting her. Fortunately, Neti can re-grow their 'brain' cells... unfortunately, this takes quite a bit of time.

18. TheJediMan

TheJediMan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2005

I highly doubt he has been a part of Luke's jedi order since before the NJO, in fact I don't think Luke or any of his jedi even know about K'khruk as of Millenium Falcon. It would not suprise me at all to see K'khruk show up at some point in the fate of the jedi series.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Could we retcon the Tree Jedi in YJK to be her, then? [face_thinking]

20. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

There was an Ent in YJK? Who?

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    No name, just a tree Jedi that acted during Jedi Under Siege against Dark Jedi, costing itself massive amounts of energy, and was forced to regather energy for a spell. In this retcon.. the Neti was closer to a tree than an Ent, at the time?

22. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Not necessarily. I'm just theorizing that Luke's order has what, maybe two hundred Jedi? K'Kruhks could be maybe half that. It would be Luke's order absorbing new recruits, like when Luke accepted Dathomiri and Jensarri into the order. But with even less problems since they are already Jedi.

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That is almost too convenient.

24. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    I got the felling that tree was just a little trainee--not an ancient Master

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd prefer K'Kruhk just be stranded somewhere for a few decades- maybe have some natives to live amongst.

So sayeth the gospel of the Hat. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.