main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where will you see Episode 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by donsolo, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    I wanted to know where everyone was planning on going for the midnight showing (if you'll be going to it) - it sounds like most of yall are planning on Edwards... I'll be going to Signature ('cause I work there and they'd really get a kick out of me in Jedi garb)

so... anyone else not going to Edwards?

2. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I've gone to Edwards for all my midnight outings...all the LOTRs, Matrix, Episode II, etc. So it's safe to say I'll be at Edwards again. Mainly because I live about 10 minutes away. Although I live near the 41 Herndon ramp, so I could conceivably get to Signature pretty quick too.

3. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    aw, c'mon man, we have cheaper tickets and concession food ;)

4. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    since you work there, maybe you can get us a discount or something? I know I'll be dressed up again, and at edwards I wont feel so weird, from what i heard, signature didn't have many people dressed up.

5. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    hmm... you know, I was wondering about that. How many were in costume at Edwards?

6. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    A LOT!!! I was actually surprised to see so many people dressed up.

7. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    so why aren't they in here!!! lol

8. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    because fresno sucks.

9. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Yeah, pretty much. Heh. I remember, Jedi-Finney, you and Valens took a picture with these 3 other guys who were dressed as Jedi. I went to High School with those guys. When they graduated they went to colleges out of Fresno! So yeah, they're no longer around.

But hopefully they'll make the trek back to Fresberg for the Episode III premiere.

10. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Edwards of course.

11. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah those guys were from merced. they used to frequent these boards.

12. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    what punks...

I feel outta place now... I just looked at all the screen names in here - The Jedi Apprentice, jedivalens, Jedi-Finney... man, I'm the only non jedi [face_worried]

13. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    yeah those guys were from merced. they used to frequent these boards.

Those punkasses. [face_laugh]

Of DS George and myself, I still frequent the boards, but mostly as a lurker. My internet activity has cut back substantially over the past year.

For Episode III, I will be with a group of around 3 or 4 again, but DS George will be with his girlfriend, dressed in Stormtrooper armor, as part of the 501st. They'll more than likely be in the Bay Area. I haven't decided where to go yet, since the 501 doesn't welcome costumes that aren't patterned after "canonical" characters. My newer costume (That DS George's girlfriend made for me 1 1/2 years ago) is fairly authentic in terms of design (And it is for a Dark Jedi, of course [face_skull] ), but is not patterned after anyone in the movies. I prefer to keep it that way, but that doesn't get you admittance into the 501st. Oh well.

14. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    well come on down to Fresburg again... I think I'll be at Edwards after all - I can aford an extra buck for the ticket and sounds like that'll be the place to be

15. AJySusNaranjas

AJySusNaranjas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 4, 2004
    Yup, Im pretty much set on Edwards, just like Ep II. Though the new theater in Dinuba's just a hop/skip away for me-and cheaper-and relitivley new and fancy-it'd be dead compared to Edwards. Plus, c'mon, it's Dinuba. Even if they did have a midnight showing, I'd risk getting assaulted by one of the local 'homeboys.' Trust me, I work in Dinuba- it'd be alot funner and safer @ Edwards.

16. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I'll be at Manchester Signature. That's where I saw AOTC. I showed up at about 6:00 PM and was only about the 12th person in line. And I got to meet Kopi! :D

17. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    LOL, Kopi. Anybody notice his hair lately? Who's he trying to fool??? Haha.

18. AJySusNaranjas

AJySusNaranjas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 4, 2004
    [face_laugh] Yea, noticed that about Kopi, too.
    All my life he's been bald, visiting kids in the valley, and then one day.... [face_thinking]

aj

19. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    Yeah he's bald, who is he trying to fool???

20. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    Hey everyone. Yeah, I'm new to the boards. Sorry I'm butting in on the (old) conversation.

Okay, so we've only got a few months to go before Ep. III and it seems that the camp is split between Edwards and Signature. Wouldn't it be a lot cooler to come up with a consensus that everyone who frequents the boards would show up at the same place? That way it could be a huge ass group (like it isn't already going to be!). I know that I'll be able to drag at least four or five people to the midnight, but it would nice to get more.

21. Rabbit4x

Rabbit4x Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2004
    My firneds and I will be at Edwards. Hopefully, we can all meet and get faces to names.

22. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    It would be nice if we all got together at one theater but I'm sure all of us have a personal preference on which theaters we go to. I personally like the big crowds at Edwards so that's where I'll be going. But Since this is the last Star Wars movie I'm sure wherever you go will be a big turn out.....

....I thought I was the only one who noticed Kopi's hair!

23. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Valens, will Finney be with you as well this time around? As I had put in my last post in this thread (Damn, 5 months ago, almost! [face_shocked] ), I will be along with a group of 4 or 5 again, just not with DS_George and his girlfriend this time. I think I'd rather go to Edwards than to Modesto.

24. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    I remember seeing DS George, DS George's girlfriend, Jirin, Valens, and Finney at Edwards for Episode II. Of course I didn't know who they were at the time, but I found out later through pictures on this message board.

I'll be at Edwards with my friends, again, like always.

25. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    I'm going to try and convince my managers at Signature to set up something like a raffle or trivia contest or anything to help the people pass the tiem in line... not sure if they'll go for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.