main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Where would you rathe be exiled?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid, Jun 20, 2022.

?

Where would you rather be exiled?

1. Tatooine

2. Dagobah

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    Alderaan. Oh wait...

2. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Tatooine. I’d be a regular at the Mos Eisley cantina. I’m sure I’d get along great with Wuher.

3. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Tattooine. Dagobah isn't really inhabited save for Yoda's hut, and if you get there after he dies, weeeell... You're out of luck as far as company goes and keeping critters at bay. Only way you might end up lucky is if he left a Jedi holocron there and it doesn't deem you 'too old.'

Otherwise it's Tattooine. Tattooine has a variety of people, activities, and stuff. Mega bonus if you can make friends with some of the Tuscan Raider tribes, as they are just awesome and their culture is really cool.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  4. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Hahaha, nice thought. Good luck making friends with them though. :D:bluesaber:

EECHUUTA likes this.
  5. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    I know I wouldn't mind carrying off some Old Master paintings from the Uffizi Gallery. ;)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    EECHUUTA and Watcherwithin like this.
  6. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    Neither of them is very pleasant.

7. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    I feel like science fiction generally makes planets seem way too small (I haven't done any kind of serious survey, but it feels to me like people in science fiction are often told "You can find so and so on Planet X". Granted, that narrows it down, but ... yeah. Thanks!) and in many cases there is a tendency to make planets seem to have one overarching environment... as in "its a desert planet", "its a water planet", "its a forest planet", "its an ice planet". Some of that could, of course, just be that stories are finite so we spend most of our time in one environment on a given planet, or we just spend a couple of days there (as someone noted above - does it ALWAYS rain on Kamino?), but when you think of the amazing variety of environments on Earth, it does seem to be a simplification.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Tatooine has people and freshers.

9. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Exactly, and I wrote something similar earlier. While we can be pretty sure Tatooine is really very dry everywhere, that doesn't mean it's strictly a desert planet, and only that. There could be mountains, vast areas of only rocks or even lava, still dry but not only sand.
    We know even less about Dagobah. For all we know there could be deserts as well, or glaciers, oceans, rivers, lakes, green hills, nice beaches, rain forests etc.
    But of course, SW isn't the only fiction that oversimplifies certain elements.

PrincessLeia17, Sarge and SHAD0W-JEDI like this.
  10. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Funny, I heard there were vast green areas on the south of Tatooine that Imperial satellites haven't detected for some reason. Or am I thinking of a different desert planet? ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    only one kenobi likes this.
  11. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Wait, there are other desert planets in SW? :eek: It couldn't possibly be anywhere in the ST though, least of all TFA! I heard they paid particular attention to diverse and never seen-before environments in the sequels, no rehashes there whatsoever. [face_rofl]

RogueDianoga and DARTH_BELO like this.
  12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I went with Dagobah. I guess I was focusing mostly on the climate, as I would hate to live somewhere so hot and dry. Then again, Dagobah has no other people-so I guess that should count. I don't know-between a muggy swamp and a hot desert? I suppose the dangerousness of the creatures and whatnot would be the same from one to the other...

PrincessLeia17 and RogueDianoga like this.
  13. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Tatooine. I do need some solitude, but to be completely removed from civilization would kill me.

TX-20, BlackRanger and EECHUUTA like this.
  14. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    Tatooine. I prefer sand to mud.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    Tatooine; I'd live most likely down in either Mos Espa or Mos Eisley, making money as either farm assistant or pod-racer. Heck, I may even accept a security position for Wuher or Jabba depending on how much they're paying. Although, with my love of hoodies, I may end up being confused for a tall jawa and abducted into a Sandcrawler by a bunch of them.

16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Dagobah seems more lonely and sad, whereas Tattooine still has a human heartbeat about it despite being mostly barren.

17. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Tatooine. Sure it's hot, but it's a dry heat. Dagobah looks humid as can be. Plus I'll take dealing with krayt dragons and that sand beast thing any day over snakes.

christophero30 likes this.
  18. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I wonder if the planets were diverse. Like in SW we always assume the whole planet is that way. But Tattoine and Hoth were filmed on the same planet, Norway and Tunisia.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  19. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Tatooine. I'm originally from Vegas so I'm used to desert climates. And there's a population there so I wouldn't be alone. Plus I'm not big on bugs and snakes.[face_shame_on_you]

20. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Tatooine

I'd go to the remains of the Lars homstead and dig up the Skywalker laser swords!

21. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Tatooine, as it at least has some form of civilisation, and opportunities to make your way off world.
    Dagobah, you're stuck there for eternity, alone, in the cold and dark.
    At least let me tan (or more likely burn) in my exile.

22. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    I chose Tatooine because there is at least some civilization there. But Dagobah? Just a bunch of snakes and lizards.

23. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I want to say Dagobah because I much prefer the terrain. However, though I'm quite introverted, I don't know I if being that isolated would be good for me, so I have to say Tatooine.

24. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    On Dagobah you would have a lot of lizards, snakes and other cuddly animals to keep your company

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dagobah. Access to food and water is effortless and, above all else, Dagobah offers the only worthwhile company. Animals, not people.