main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Where would you rathe be exiled?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid, Jun 20, 2022.

?

Where would you rather be exiled?

1. Tatooine

2. Dagobah

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Judging by what we see in the movies alone, I'd say Dagobah. While it's practically geologically impossible for a planet to be all swamp, it IS entirely possible there are pure desert planets, such as Mars.
    By the way, I love rain and hate drought and constant UV radiation bombardment, gives you skin cancer. :D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    Mandor1138 likes this.
  2. Mandor1138

Mandor1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2022
    I choose Dagobah for the simple reason that the availability of food and drink will be greater in a swamp than in a desert.

3. Wookie Cookie

Wookie Cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2022
    Tatooine, not because the planet is so amazing, but because on Dagobah, in the swamp, I think I'd get devoured by some predator. I get the vibe that that planet is more dangerous. I'd also get to watch pod racing, so yeah.

BlackRanger and Sarge like this.
  4. RogueDianoga

RogueDianoga Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2022
    Dagobah (although I suppose if it actually has literally zero other people or intelligent life, even with the nice lush swamps and awesome trees and all it might get a bit isolated hah, so even though pure burning heat and dry dunes might not be ideal, at least Tatooine has things on it, other people, other intelligent creatures and the twin sunsets certainly are pretty....)

(but how about Naboo/Endor? :) )

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Out of curiosity, am I a Jedi in this scenario?

My instinct is to choose Dagobah mainly because of how much I value water, but I don’t really get a good sense of how hot it is in those swamps or whether there are any seasonal changes. If it’s just miserable all the time I might go with Tatooine.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  6. Schilkeman7

Schilkeman7 Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2018
    I just love the idea of hidden bases and desolate places, so I've always had a soft spot for Hoth. But I hate the cold, so of the two in the poll, I choose Tatooine. I hate bugs, so Dagobah wasn't even a consideration.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Tatooine. The three years I spent in Twentynine Palms CA have prepared me.

8. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Tatooine, I like the desert, “there is nothing in the desert, and no man needs nothing.” (Lawerence of Arabia).

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    If I had to choose, I'd rather go to Dagobah. We have a lot of moss over here in Western Oregon and Washington, as well as Northern California. I'd build myself a hut like Yoda's, albeit larger, and I'd be set.

Funny thing is that when I was a kid, I misheard what Yoda said when he offered to take Luke to "Yoda." "Take it to him I will," I thought he said, regarding Luke's flashlight. Lol. Of course, it's, "Take you to him." Amusingly, I'm eating a cookie now, and I joked that I made Yoda hungry when he said, "But now, we must eat."

RogueDianoga and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  10. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Tattooing. Different settlements to choose from...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

11. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if, in an alternate reality that this was Yoda's twin brother, it went something like:

Yoda's Twin: "Found a human, I did. A flashlight, here."

Yoda: "Ah, good, good. Flashlights, brighten up the hovel it will."

Luke: *storms in angrily* "Give me back my flashlight!!"

Yoda; "Hmmm, a Skywalker, you are."

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Tatooine. I like North Africa.

BlackRanger likes this.
  13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Tatooine. Depending on where you go, you can have the solitude or company.

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Somehow, I get the feeling that Dagobah is a great place to train. However, Tatooine would help one appreciate one's knowledge of the Force and the Jedi arts in general.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Plus, dry air. Good for the respiratory system.

BlackRanger likes this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Not if there's a lot of dust blowing around.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    True. Tatooine may be too duney. Fine, I'll go to Jedha.

BlackRanger and Happy Sando like this.
  18. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Whilst I voted for Tatooine in the poll, your reply reminded me of when I was playing Jedi: Survivor and all the characters were commenting on how cold Jedha was supposed to be. As somebody who doesn't do well in extreme heat, I think I'd agree with you!

But otherwise yes, Tatooine over Dagobah, any day of the week. I'd totally "go native" and live with the Tuskens. Beautiful culture.

BlackRanger likes this.
  19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Dagobah.

I don't like sand.

Well at least not when it's not part of a beautiful beach, then it's my favorite.

Yes, I also enjoy hanging out with warriors who kidnap and murder innocent people :p

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
  20. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Hey, every social group has its bad apples, right...?! :oops:

For clarity's sake, I was referring to the (mostly) honourable tribe that (eventually) accepted Boba!

21. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 3

Mar 17, 2023
    Dagobah. See I don't really like sand all that much. Its rough, and course, and it gets everywhere.

22. PrincessLeia17

PrincessLeia17 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 8, 2023
    I went with Tatooine. Climate wise I think Dagobah would be more pleasant, because I like cooler weather. However, Tatooine has cities with supplies, more connection to other planets, and the Hutts style of governing works for me. Lol.

darthvader88 likes this.
  23. May_The_Force_Be_With_You

May_The_Force_Be_With_You Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2014
    Wait - do we have the options of running into Yoda or Obi-Wan? :p :p :p

What era? Are we including the EU descriptions of both worlds? If so - Dagobah isn't as empty of sentient life as it appears. Maybe if I can live amongst them.

Funny enough - if we are meant to be Jedi - the teeming life of Dagobah would be interesting to experience via connections to the Force. However, I wouldn't want to be dragged under a bog and eaten by some horror.

I'd probably pick Tatooine. While the landscape is unforgiving, it at least has pockets of life. I could farm with the moisture farmers, work in one of the small settlements like Peli as a mechanic, work as a barkeep, work as a hired hand for one of the crime lords (serve under Boba Fett?), get my own ship and do small smuggling runs across the planet, make peace with a tribe of Sand people like Revan/Boba did, or just live in solitude like Ben Kenobi until I become one with the Force?

Tatooine just seems like it has a lot more options instead of staring at a murky swamp until the end of my days.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    All of that is open to your interpretation.

25. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I dunno, the people in Tunisia would beg to differ. :p They’d probably just say, ‘Then cover your mouth and nose if it gets too bad.’ :D

Bor Mullet likes this.