main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which is better, the "Trade Federation March" or the "Imperial March"

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by rustybaseball, May 23, 2002.

?

Which is better, the "Trade Federation March" or the "Imperial March"

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Trade Federation March

19.4%
  2. Imperial March

80.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josebulin

josebulin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    There´s no point in discussing that:
    III
    MMM
    PPP
    EEE
    RRR
    III
    AAA
    LLL

MMM
    AAA
    RRR
    CCC
    HHH

2. vlps

vlps Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2002
    tututututuuutututuuuutututututututuu

at least 1 time a day (most of the time :D )

IMPERIAL MARCH RULEZ

3. takis

takis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2002
    Imperial March is just so powerful and fits the Empire perfectly as a theme. I really loved when I heard it the first time in ESB with the Star Destroy fleet floating by and the ominous dark shadow cast over one of them... very artistic and excellently done.
    The Imperial March is in so many places and invokes such a vivid image of the Empire and Vader. It was well placed in AotC to create that image and feeling just at the right time.

4. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    The Trade Federation March is a great track, I love it, but nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever come close to beating the Imperial March. (Especially the one in AOTC)

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    It's probably been said 10 times now, but while the TF march is great and very veristile, the Imp March is more personal and retro.

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The Imperial March is a classic. If you play it, practically anyone can recognize it. If you play the TF song, only SW fans will know it. It is one of the greatest brass songs. As I am a musician, it balances the harshness of brass and percussion with the light background of the strings.

Not only is it one of the most known songs, it is also one of the most requested songs to be play by orchestras, bands, and drum and bugle corps. Everyone loves it and wants to play and hear it.

So, without a doubt, IMPERIAL MARCH

7. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Imperial March all the way. It's truly timeless, and I don;t think I'll ever tire of it.

The Trade Fed. theme is very good too, and I only wish it was used more in AOTC. (it was used just once. :( )

8. master-kevin

master-kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Imperial all the way babey

9. Zo_Ten_Dalf

Zo_Ten_Dalf Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2002
    Hmm maybe I am wrong, but uhmmmmmm yeah.
    It's not called the Trade Federation March.
    It's called something like "The Droid Invasion". The reason I never got the name of the song was, in the scene in TPM when Amidala was looking out the window in the red electrical cord dress, the march is playing. That was when the invasion was happening.

The Droid Invasion march is darker and if you ever listened to it all the way thru, (meaning you have TPM's Ultimate Soundtrack)
    some people would say it was better. The Imp. March was overplayed in ESB and got kinda boring. All though the first time you see Vader, the song is forever burned in your mind. Overall the Droid Invasion is TWENTY BILLION TIMES BETTER!!!!

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I love both :)
    But I'm exposed more to IM so. . .
    But the one cue in AotC where the TFM was played rocked! I instantly recognized it :) I wish it was used more in the end battle :(
    Heck, I wished it was used more period! lol

11. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    "The Droid Invasion" is the track it appears on. The actual theme is "Trade Federation March".

I like both, but I have to give the edge to Imperial March.

I also love the part in AOTC when it suddenly blares out. I really like the build-up to it, and then when Obi-Wan and Lama Su go out on the balcony, overlooking the army, it cuts to a shot of armies on the march, and then KABLAMMO, it kicks in.

12. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    The Trade Federation March is great.

The Imperial March is amazing beyond description.

13. darth_sidious1

darth_sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    The Imperial March has already acheived Legend status, cause it's been around so long, so it's kind of unfair to put it up against a piece that was written a grand total of 3 years ago.

I think both marches work equally well for what they represent. The Fed march isn't quite as soul-crushingly evil as the Imp march, but it doesn't need to be.

It would be cool if there was a concert version of the Fed March so we could compare more easily...

14. Vanthorne_OX

Vanthorne_OX Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Trade Federation March is good, Imperial March is great.

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    All you people who voted for the Trade Federation march should be ashamed of yourselves. j/k

Imperial March. You can tell just by comparing the themes who the real bad guys are.

The TF march is good, but the Imp March is better.

16. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    Imperial March = A Classic!

...and no, I'm NOT George Lucas! 8-}

17. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The Imperial March is (next to the main theme) the most recognized piece of music from Star Wars in our popular culture. Go to any sporting event, and more often then not...they play "The Imperial March" when announcing the visiting team's starting lineup. It's know throught the world as the theme song of the bad guys...

...Imperial March is the better theme.

18. Zuran

Zuran Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2002
    Lord Hydro I am sorry to say you are definitley mistaken. I agree with Zo-Ten, the march is called "The Droid Invasion"
    (please note the song appears when the droids are invading) And it is the theme of the Trade Federation, and the Imperial March is the theme of Darth Vader.Thus making it the Trade Federation's March, but not THE Trade Federation March. Wouldn't it sound sill if we called it The Darth Vader March?

Thought so..........

19. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    yet, the IM is more than Vadar's theme...especially now that we have it in the prequals... It also stands for the impirial power (personified in Vadar, true) and is ultimately a theme of the empire.

20. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I must not have payed attention. I didn't know the Trade Federation had a march.

21. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    The Trade Federation theme could very well be the coolest theme in any movie ever...if it were developed and played more than a few seconds.

22. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The Trade Federation theme is amazing. It is a shame the song is never used much. I didn't even realize there was a trade federation song until I realized the part in AotC with the TF cue was not the Imperial March!

I'd pick the Trade Federation march, but I agree that the imperial march is timeless. It was so overused and loud everyone will remember that excellent theme!

Hopefully Episode 3 will have a big sweeping track of the trade federation march one last time... wishful thinking :) .

23. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Imperial March, by far..

24. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    oh, oh, Darth_Zoo said song :eek:

25. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
Thread Status: