main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which is better, the "Trade Federation March" or the "Imperial March"

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by rustybaseball, May 23, 2002.

?

Which is better, the "Trade Federation March" or the "Imperial March"

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Trade Federation March

19.4%
  2. Imperial March

80.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spaceman

spaceman Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2002
    I love the Imperial March I wish they played that when I ever walk in to a building.

2. stradman

stradman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2002
    What we have here are 2 great examples of JW's composing the first, IM, was written 20 years ago during the origional trilogy and Indiana Jones. This was an example of the "space-age melodrama" style that made him famous and perhapse one of the greatest composers of the modern age of music. Now we come 20 years down the line to see his more mature style of music. This cam be seen in such pieces as the themes from Schendler's List and Saving Privite Ryan. Although when JW wrote the TF theme, he went back to his older style and borrowed aspects of it to have it fit in to SW, you can still see a differance in the two examples.

For all the musicians out there, I did think that it was really awesome how at the end of AOTC, he slowed the tempo of the IM, added the triplets in the background and gave the song a rebirth with new energy. also if you listen to the very last of the AOTC soundtrack, you will hear Anikin's theme die away and be replaced with the love theme which dies away to the Imperial March. Musical Forshadowing???
    I THINK SO!!!!

3. stradman

Jan 14, 2002
    What we have here are 2 great examples of JW's composing the first, IM, was written 20 years ago during the origional trilogy and Indiana Jones. This was an example of the "space-age melodrama" style that made him famous and perhapse one of the greatest composers of the modern age of music. Now we come 20 years down the line to see his more mature style of music. This cam be seen in such pieces as the themes from Schendler's List and Saving Privite Ryan. Although when JW wrote the TF theme, he went back to his older style and borrowed aspects of it to have it fit in to SW, you can still see a differance in the two examples.

For all the musicians out there, I did think that it was really awesome how at the end of AOTC, he slowed the tempo of the IM, added the triplets in the background and gave the song a rebirth with new energy. also if you listen to the very last of the AOTC soundtrack, you will hear Anikin's theme die away and be replaced with the love theme which dies away to the Imperial March. Musical Forshadowing???
    I THINK SO!!!!

oh, Rusty, i agree with you when you said that JW hardly ever fully developes his themes. :)

4. stradman

Jan 14, 2002

I THINK SO!!!!

oh, Rusty, i agree with you when you said that JW hardly ever fully developes his themes. :)

5. stradman

Jan 14, 2002
    sorry about that, my computer is on a college network. Its not a very good one at that, this means it has a chance to go a bit crazy at times!

6. Darth_Nubian

Darth_Nubian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Only one possible choice: The Imperial March!

7. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Very good points stradman!

The IM at the end of AotC floored everyone in the theatre.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I prefer the Imp March...

9. Santa_The_Hobbit

Santa_The_Hobbit Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    You've gotta be kidding, right? ;)

Imperial!

10. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002