main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which is the best Star Wars prequel movie of the FOUR?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Downunder, Nov 17, 2017.

?

My favourite SW prequel is

1. The Phantom Menace

5.3%
  2. Attack of the Clones

6.4%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

43.9%
  4. Rogue One

44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    I'd have to say Revenge of the Sith

ROTS may have its flaws but it featured characters I had some investment in. It was the culmination of an entire saga featuring events we had waited to see since the very first movie alluded to them. It might not have been perfect but there's a sense of pay off. With RO I never grew too attached to the heroes and they all end up dead at the end anyways. It just didn't leave the lasting impression that ROTS did.

TripleZero and Master_Lok like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder how much of this will change due to Solo

3. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    The Phantom Menace or Revenge of the Sith. I don't know which.
    TPM is warmer I think, but ROTS is more impactful.

I've got to give Rogue One another watch though, haven't seen it since the cinema.

4. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    My ranking regarding the prequel movies:

1 - ROTS
    2 - RO
    3 - AOTC
    4 - TPM

Anakin's Daddy and TripleZero like this.
  5. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Go Revenge of the Sith! Out-prequeling the Disney prequel. I said your optimism was premature. This calls for a celebration! [face_party]

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  6. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Keep the champagne on ice son. It’s neck & neck. Poor Eps I & II though. Sad =((

Avnar likes this.
  7. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I can not stand the prequels. Ill sit through ROS from time to time, and watch Darth Maul's scenes in the PM, but that is it. RO, is immense, in every way. It pushes ANH for my second favorite SW movie after Empire.

Marks out of 10 would look somethin like this to me. RO/10, ROTS/3, AOTC/2, TPM/0.5

Avnar likes this.
  8. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Just to remind everyone, I can't stand the Disney movies. That is all.

9. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Cool?

Good for you?

Do you want a pat on the back or something?

Darth Downunder likes this.
  10. Ray Donahue

Ray Donahue Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2017
    Modified: Deleted due to massive baiting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2018
    Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  11. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I'd be grateful for 7.

Outsourced likes this.
  12. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I can remember back quite vividly to the very first Phantom Menace trailer. It was released as an internet event and I would have watched it a million times if not 10 million. In classic fashion I mistook what the pod racing scenes were to become and thought in the trailer they were early rebels our outer rim settlers fleeing as the Empire invaded and as they started their iron fist rule over the galaxy. In the trailer it looked dusty and like the wild west with big engines and roughnecks like Han solo, Boba Fett etc. I quite liked The Phantom Menace when it came out but never enjoyed that GL decided to make Anakin so young and the trade wars.

When Rogue One came out suddenly I got the ascetics, tone and beautiful imagery I could have only dreamed of. Some of the characters could be better but I really enjoyed many and especially the leads. I liked Jyn's inherent sadness and toughness much more than Rey's hope of her parents return. The hologram scene with Jyn and her father is heartbreaking and really explains her every motive. There is a touching beauty to the scene in the lift as Jyn and Casein escape the transmission tower. The Star Destroyers falling into the shields and collapsing into the gravity of the planet, the death star explosions and then Vader overlooking the fleet after coming out of hyperspace to block their escape. Its bleak and just shows real desperation for every character at every step but they also have the greatest commitment.

So Rogue One is so far ahead in my mind its insane. I am at a loss that TLJ could have got it so wrong after what RO delivered.

ROTS and those Yellow Eyes of unmasked Vader. I could have watched that for hours. I do wish the effects for the final battle was toned down and raw with emotion. More like ROTJ.

I quite like a lot of TPM but its ruined by the bad parts.

RO
    ROTS
    TPM
    AOTC

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Avnar and Darth Downunder like this.
  13. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    I still don't get the purpose of this thread. Comparing these prequel movies are nonsensical due to the nature of the context behind them. RO is one movie, a Spin off. Ranking threads like these are so useless now that I go back to them. R1 serves it's point as does the PT.

14. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The purpose is to show how bad the PT is. Couldn't you see it from the beginning and now which posts are liked by a forum goer who opened this thread?

Now, a more appropriate thread would be, which is the best movie of the OT period; RO, ANH, TESB or ROTJ, because they share the same theme and timeline. I may open it after Solo hits the cinemas.

Deliveranze and Game3525 like this.
  15. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    They're all prequel movies. It's asking people which is their favorite. Simple.
    If you're having a dig at me that's unfounded. The OP was completely unbiased. It did not favor any movie. Which posts people "like" also doesn't influence the poll.

Avnar likes this.
  16. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Rogue One. It starts a bit slow, but once Darth Vader shows up, and especially once they land on Scarif, it really takes off and doesn’t let up. If the rest of the film had been on that level, it would probably be my second favorite Star Wars film.

Darth Downunder and Snafu55 like this.
  17. TripleZero

TripleZero Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2017
    While I do have conditional statements for all four films, I would say that I would easily rewatch RotS above the other three.It has its flaws, but it does contain Some of the most critical moment's in George Lucas's saga, along with massive scope. Plus for better or worse, no one can make a movie quite like George Lucas.

I think that Rogue One is visually the best looking Star Wars movie, but that's kind of all the movie has going for it to me. It hardly resonated with me, due to a generic cast of charatcers.

18. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Revenge of the Sith.

RO is better in a few areas of execution, but it's ultimately a narratively thin, pretty pointless film that doesn't advance the overall SW story at all. I hesitate to call it a "prequel"; it's more like a well made side quest.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    ROTS.

It raps everthing up. While RO is good, but it is not that good.

Snafu55 likes this.
  20. JediRoxx

JediRoxx Jedi Knight

Jan 30, 2016
    I consider Rogue One the best of the four. It's excellent. ROTS is pretty good while the other two sit quite a ways back.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Darth Downunder likes this.
  21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This was a no-contest for me RO (alongside ROTJ is my favourite SW film) - ROTS is the worst!

22. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Rogue One is far and away the best film not only of the choices here, but in the entire saga, IMO.

Darth Downunder and Avnar like this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I've said this before (and still can't believe I am saying it at all) but RO out OT'd the OT in some areas! Some of the designs and locations are better than what we got in the OT but still feel like the same world! I don't think the chemistry of the OT cast will eve be matched in another film though... Does make you wonder how Rogue Two and Rogue Three would have been :D

Sarge likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wish ROTS was winning, but alas it was not meant to be apparently.

25. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Approx equal first is nothing to sneeze at. Still, excellent result so far for R1. To be a stand-alone movie & considered far better than two of the PT movies, & at least as good as the best regarded of that trilogy. Most impressive.

Snafu55, Outsourced and Avnar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.