main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Which Jedi's death was the worst to watching during Order 66?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AstroDroid88, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Which Jedi's death was the worst to watch during Order 66?

1. Ki Adi Mundi

57 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Aayla Secura

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Plo Koon

15 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Stass Allie

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Jedi Younglings

30 vote(s)
    19.7%
  6. All of the Above

24 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    During the great Jedi Purge, which happened in Revenge of the Sith, which Jedi's death was the worst to watch? Now, there were countless Jedi that died during this great purge but I mainly focusing on the ones that were seen in RotS

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Plo Koon is my favorite of the bunch so he was sad to see go but the worst to watch overall would be
    [​IMG]
    The look he gave. Its heartbreaking=((

3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Ki Adi Mundi. Mainly for his reaction and John Williams score that had me.

4. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Agreed. You can just see the confusion in his face as the clones that he's fought with for years are now suddenly turning against him. It's him or the Jedi Youngling that says to Anakin "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?" *ignites lightsaber*. You can see the kid is very confused of what's going on. They are helpless to stop Anakin from slaughtering them. That scene always gets me emotional :_|

J7Luke, Darthman92, Echo7even and 2 others like this.
  5. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Ki-Adi-Al Mundi part gets me every time, and like said up above the music enhances the emotional aspect of the Order 66 scenes. That look he gave though makes you go :_|

Mace's death also struck me, because at that point, you know the arrest attempt the Jedi made will give Palpatine the incentive to initiate the Jedi purge and basically wipe out the Order from the galaxy, and Anakin turning into the villain he is most famous for-Vader.

J7Luke and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  6. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Definitely Ki-Adi. One second he's courageously leading his troops into battle, and the next, he's betrayed by those same troops. You can see the confusion and pain immediately before he's forced to fend for his life.

J7Luke and CT-867-5309 like this.
  7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I find Stass Allie's the worst, because it's clinical. We see the Clones get their instructions and carry out them instantly, with not remorse or hesitation.

The bit where her speeder crashes past some vultures is really dark as well.

Dandelo and CIS Droid like this.
  8. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Just being a stickler here, but no Zett Jukassa?

The worst for me would be the younglings. That betrayal is a lot more horrible than the clones betraying their Jedi Generals. At least the adult Jedi were able to live some kind of life. The children, scared, confused, and putting their trust in a Man they thought was there to save them only to die alone and scared on a cold floor..... Yeah... The death of the Younglings is particularly nasty IMO.

9. Warren Moonwalker

Warren Moonwalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    between the younglins and ki-adi. and that poor dragon that got hit by the cannon. he was an innocent bystander

10. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    This is along the lines of what I was going to choose. That is really the peak of the film emotionally for me.

Plus Ki-Adi's reaction and expression is pretty iconic of watching the film for the first time in '05.

Alienware and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    You know the clones must have gotten at least a couple Jedi while they were on the toilet. I vote for those nameless heroes.

12. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    ^oh, sorry, I thought the OP asked which Jedi had the worst deaths, not which deaths were hardest to watch. My bad kiddos.

13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    This one for me as well. Poor guy.

14. BenToRen

BenToRen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2016
    Wow. Well they each broke my heart. Ki Adi Mundi is #1 though for all the above reasons. The poor younglings who were so inexperienced was sad... Plo and Stass didn't even have a chance to really fight... Aayla's confusion was so sad as well...

Rappa Retus likes this.
  15. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    No love for this kid? Went out fighting saving Jimmy Smits life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    The Jedi kid fought for his own life, Bail Organa was just an eye-witness who decided to leave asap because he didn't know whether the troopers' orders included accidental witnesses.

I see I'm not the only one who felt Ki Adi Mundi's betrayal to be the most touching one. Considering how little we saw of Ki Adi Mundi in the PT (TCW notwithstanding) it's impressive how we all feel about his death, definitely one of the most accomplished scenes in all 6 films.

As for the Jedi younglings, my headcanon prefers that Anakin used his lightsaber to cut an escape hole for the kids (i.e. I prefer them not to register as onscreen Jedi deaths). ;)

I'm still curious about the fate of Jedi librarian Jocasta Nu. Did she pick up a lightsaber?

17. Nate787

Jan 29, 2016

What movie were you watching? That kid was nowhere near any of that when the scene started. He didn't just start taking out clones for no reason, he knew what was going on. He could have easily escaped when all of it was going down but he chose to jump in between the clones and Bail and sacrifice himself instead of risking watching those guys kill somebody else. Kid is a hero and while the other scenes implied children getting killed, we actually watch this one getting gunned down.

J7Luke and Cleo Jinn like this.
  18. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Nate787

The Clones weren't instructed to kill any Senators. It is for continuity, Palpatine needs the Republic/Empire to believe the Senate still holds power (when it is essentially just for show) until the Senate is officially disbanded in ANH.

CLONE: I'm sorry sir, it's time for you to leave.
    BAIL: And so it is.
    *Bail starts walking away, then Zett appears, takes out some clones, and is killed*
    BAIL: No!
    *Jumps into speeder and flies away*
    CLONE: Don't worry, let him go!

Alienware likes this.
  19. Nate787

Jan 29, 2016
    In fact, why am I calling him kid? It's Zett Jukassa. Respect.

20. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Okay, it could seem that Zett Jukussa thought that the troopers were about to kill Bail Organa and intervened.

J7Luke likes this.
  21. Nate787

Jan 29, 2016
    You're speaking from an audience POV. In-universe that kid has no idea who these clones are ordered to kill or the details of order 66. He just sees clones turning and all his friends dying. In his eyes he did it to save Bail and that's all that matters.

22. Nate787

Jan 29, 2016

That's all I'm saying. :)

23. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Ki Adi's. While he's not my favorite Jedi, I really felt sorry for the dude.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  24. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm with ya, fair enough.

J7Luke and Nate787 like this.
  25. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Mundi's death was probably one of the most impactful deaths in the PT simply because of the stark look of shock and betrayal on his face when he turns around and sees his troops pointing their blasters at him.

AniLukeRey and Chancellor Yoda like this.