main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Which Jedi's death was the worst to watching during Order 66?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AstroDroid88, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Which Jedi's death was the worst to watch during Order 66?

1. Ki Adi Mundi

57 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Aayla Secura

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Plo Koon

15 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Stass Allie

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Jedi Younglings

30 vote(s)
    19.7%
  6. All of the Above

24 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    In this analogy, Darth Vader would be Jeffrey Dahmer. He's that bad. Empire alone portrays him as an unhinged serial killer of his own men. He kills a man for owning up to a mistake and nobly taking on the the entire weight of responsibility from his crew, and then he makes a sick joke about it. He routinely tortures people. He abuses his power and never keeps his word. He mutilates his own son. He's the right-hand enforcer for a genocidal dictatorship which rules through the fear of arbitrary mass murder and oppression.

He's not a dude who went to prison for a drug charge, or even for a heat-of-passion murder. He is Jeffrey Dahmer, dude.

naw ibo and {Quantum/MIDI} like this.
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Ki Adi was like WT ****?

3. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I was eleven when I saw ROTS in the cinema and I can remember being very affected by Plo Koon's death scene. :(

4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Worst as in worst acting performance or worst to see happening cause there's some emotional impact?

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The younglings.

Vader's look, them asking for help and the lightsaber being ignited....was quite chilling.

6. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Master_Rebado

Just putting "lol" isn't really contributing to conversation. It's spam. Please refrain from this in the future

Subtext Mining likes this.
  8. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Ok sure,will do.

I shall rephrase -

It's hilarious.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Assuming that's in response to DANNASUK's post, I can't particularly say I agree the implied near-immediate murder of children is humourous in any way, let alone hilarious

10. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    As is your right to hold whatever view you do hold.

Peace to you.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    The younglings closely followed by Ki Adi Mundi as others have elaborated.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Ki di Mundi, followed by Plo Koon.

13. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Ki Adi by a long shot: his face just after his death encapsulates the whole Order 66 concept = surprise, confusion, sadness, pointless final stand, death

14. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Yeah, not only that, but then he realized that his former best friend had become his very worst new enemy; that's why, in my opinion, DS Anakin was hell bent on killing Obi-Wan: looking him in the face was a granite reminder of the horrible things he had done

15. General Green

General Green Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2017
    ^ABSOLUTELY THIS. That was by far the worst. Mundi always had such an interesting design and stood out among the Jedi and seeing that expression as he realized the betrayal was hard to see and him just dropping as he got sprayed was horrible.

16. lord_sidious_

lord_sidious_ Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 19, 2019
    Good point about the younglings watching each other get killed. The ones who died last went through the worst emotional suffering before death.

From an audience perspective though, Ki Adi Mundi's was the worst, because we actually see a close up of his face just before his death and we feel what he feels.

17. lord_sidious_

lord_sidious_ Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 19, 2019
    On the invisible hand, Anakin didn't have the dreams of Padme dying yet. He didn't even know she was pregnant. As far as he knows, if he dies, Padme's life would just go back to normal before they married.
    In addition, with Dooku already killed, Anakin felt there was a good chance that the three of them could get out of there together. Therefore it was worth the risk.

After Sidious demonstrated his full power in killing Windu, however, the situation was different. Sidious wanted Anakin to join him. What would happen if he said no? Sidious would most likely threaten to kill Padme. Anakin can try fighting him, but what are the chances of winning? Zero. So Sidious would probably kill Padme (along with the unborn baby) in front of Anakin as punishment, then kill him, then continue on with taking over the galaxy.
    And even IF Anakin miraculously survives Sidious, the Jedi might kill him once they discover his involvement with Windu's death.
    Lastly, Anakin was still clinging on to the tiny bit of hope of discovering how to save Padme from death.

18. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I just noticed how comical this sounded :(

darkspine10 likes this.
  19. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I'm gonna get all deep and say Anakin. He truly becomes Darth Vader at this time.

Leah_Jem, Tonyg and Dandelo like this.
  20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    All of them seem very emotional with the John Williams score of betrayal. My favorite Jedi Plo Koon and Kenobi getting shot at, Ki Adi deflecting all he could, Stass Allie blind sided, Ayla Secura walking so pretty and then wham! The younglings faces is the most traumatic. Quinlan Vos scene was cut so he ended up surviving to work with Ventress. Luminara and Bariss were cut, as Barass would still be in Jail? Rahm Kota, Kanan and others survived? What about the council members not shown deaths

christophero30 likes this.
  21. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Voted for Ki-Adi-Mundi. I felt the most for him, maybe because I was reading a comic book series about him and his huge family. And in general it is visible that he is a kind dude. And he's a good example of how having a family doesn't make a Jedi any worse. :(

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.