main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Which mysteries might stay unanswered?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Which mysteries from TFA might stay unanswered in 8 and 9?

One I think is how Maz Kanata got threat lightsaber. It will probably be answered in a future novel, or comic, or anthology movie.

2. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    How the Falcon, the map to Luke, and Force sensitive Rey all ended up on Jakku together. Seriously, did ol' Max von S. just luck out or what?

3. Darth JarJar

Darth JarJar Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    The mystery how Phasma was like the only person on dat goddam planet to control the shield generators and the rest of the First Order retards didnt bother turning it back on.

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Who are Finn's parents.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Does anyone think we'll never learn how Snoke become such a threat, or why Kylo turned to the dark side?

choccy and Enkei like this.
  6. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Let it please not be Rey's parentage. 22 months of endless debates after 2 years of endless debates is already becoming tortuous..

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    aren't you having fun with the debates?[face_devil]
    I know people find the topic annoying, but I had the most fun discussing Rey's past/present/future and Lukes back in the VII board. And I'll have more fun with the same topics for VIII, seeing all the different opinions (there were so many different speculations/theories) colliding was fun.:p

I think JJ basically said that who Rey is will be a job for Rian to tell, so there shouldn't be any problem with that.:)

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002

I was on the wrong camp evidently (sigh = no Rey Solo) so though the debates are certainly fun, I think that with the dearth (heh eor DARTH) of information, things can get heated and circular. Then you end up with a goopy fairy floss type of discussion where you are arguing things like whether the hero is a hero and so on.

IF the answering falls to Colin rather than Rian (as I suspect it ultimately will). there will be RANTS. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Also Daisy and Colin Tevorrow's comments imply (heavily) to me that we WILL get an answer to the "who are Rey's parents, what is her backstory" question. As for the question at hand:

-I feel like the specific, step by step sequence of events that led to Ben's fall will be left to other media (books, comics, maybe a TV show) to flesh out. I do feel like we'll get more details on that moving forward. But, just like the OT only gave you as much info/backstory as they felt necessary to make the story that they were telling now work, I suspect that the same will be true here.

-Maz having the lightsaber. MAYBE we'll find that out in VIII (since Maz has been confirmed to return), but I could also see them leaving that for other media to reveal as well.

-Finn's family, because they're irrelevant (his parents were just random people whom the FO took him from and thus he'll never know them, it's that simple I think).

-The specifics of the genesis of the FO. That also sounds like book/comic/TV material to me.

-Etc.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Who are the Knights of Ren?

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the other reason why Finn's parents are irrelevant is that it doesn't seem to be something that's at the core of his character like it is with Rey. The movie itself has a lot of focus on her heritage and almost everyone involved as already confirmed that it will something discussed in the sequels, so it's something that has to be addressed. While Finn seems more like someone more interested about his future than his past.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Some people seem fixated on the idea that, because he's a main character and because he has no last name, that his origins MUST play a role moving forward. And I simply don't believe that. We're given a reason why he has no last name (he had no name at all until Poe made one up for him on the spot), and he doesn't seem as fixated on his past as Rey and Kylo are (and their pasts are being played up as a major deal as far as their character arcs go):

-Kylo's bitterness toward/issues with his family seem to have played a big role in his fall to the DS.

-Rey is established as desperately wanting/needing family/companionship, to the point that she willingly condemns herself to a miserable life on Jakku just on the hope that her family might come back for her one day (which they haven't done in like 15 years).

But with Finn, he seems to have largely accepted that he'll never really know his birth family and come to terms with it.

Plus do we really need ALL of them to have that particular storyline, I think not.

Little_Boots, Sarge and starocean90 like this.
  13. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    The Rather incident?

14. Darth Bary

Darth Bary Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2016
    This is why I get a little annoyed when people speculate about who Finn's parents are. Finn literally says that he was taken from a family he'll never know. Then its never touched on again.

Lobot_the_Jedi likes this.
  15. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    The mystery of Constable Zuvio.

16. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    I also believe FN-2187 will never find out who his parents are. Nothing of substance for the movie, save it for a book.

dolphin, leopardhk47 and Little_Boots like this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The mystery will remain why they deleted the force ghost appearance of Obi Wan out of this ep5 scene
    [​IMG]

18. Little_Boots

Little_Boots Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Where is Chewies medal right now and will he ever get it?

oncafar, D'an and Zev.Love.X like this.
  19. LORD_BINX

LORD_BINX Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    How was Kylo Ren able to retrieve a piece of the map to Luke Skywalker from the archives of the empire when Luke didn't go missing until years after the empire was already gone.

And why does everyone look like they're about to projectile vomit whenever Kylo Ren's glove comes close to their face. Seriously, where has his hands been.

dolphin likes this.
  20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think it would be a fun mystery to keep.
    Someone left her there, and the reason doesn't matter to the story, and Rey just has to accept that there is no neat answer.

It'd be a little sad, and a little flavour to her character. And a lesson to the fans.

21. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    She has to solve her "parent problem" it's probably the only thing that keeps her going so, at some point that will be resolved.

22. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    1. Who Rey's parents are
    2. How Rey can be so powerful and know about Jedi Mind tricks, and so on
    3. Who Snoke is
    4. The political state of the galaxy (seriously, explaining it in a book isn't enough)
    5. How Maz got Luke's lightsaber
    6. How C-3PO got his red arm (not important though)

Shadojoker and dolphin like this.
  23. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Rey will find out who her parents are and turn to the dark side!

24. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 9, 2016
    [face_rofl] Absolutely brilliant!!

What won't be answered bt the end of Ep9?
    The fate of Kylo Ren

Darth Smurf likes this.
  25. Rimfaxe96

Rimfaxe96 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2016
    How Chewbacca x Maz happened. [face_thinking]

oncafar and dolphin like this.