main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Which of these Star Wars "anthology" type scores are your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Feb 7, 2020.

?

Which of these Star Wars "anthology" type scores are your favorite?

1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, by Michael Giacchino

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Solo: A Star Wars Story, by John Powell

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. The Mandalorian, by Ludwig Göransson

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. The Clone Wars, by Kevin Kiner, et al

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Star Wars Rebels, by Kevin Kiner, et al

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. Star Wars Resistance, by Michael Tavera, et al

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Shadows of the Empire, by Joel McNeely

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Pulling together most of the non-Saga related musical scores, which one of these is your favorite? You can choose up to two options and change your vote anytime... Poll away!

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Doesn't this exact poll already exist?

Edit: Oh I see you've added more recent titles. Shadows of the Empire OST is still the best. Mandalorian OST is my favourite of the new lot.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The Clone Wars is my easy #1.

Torn between Rebels and Mandalorian for #2. Rebels has the awesome Sabine theme, but had a very bad case of Williams Shoehorn syndrome, especially early on. Mandalorian is much original and has a memorable main theme but most of the in-episode stuff has yet to click.

Going with Rebels for now.

darkspine10 likes this.
  4. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, by Michael Giacchino had to be it for me especially with such theme's as Your Father Would Be Proud.

Sarge and Dagobahsystem like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 6

Oct 4, 1998
    Rogue 1 is the best, and Solo and The Mandalorian round out my top 3. I find the rest to be forgettable.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer Force Ghost star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    1. The Clone Wars - the main theme alone is simply unforgettable, and there a several more memorable bits throughout the series, which range on riffs of JW to completely original pieces composed by Kiner (Maul, Savage, and Vizsla is the standout piece!)
    2. Rogue One - Sounds so much like JW it's insane. It is consistently better than Solo, but Solo's high points are higher
    3. Solo - John Williams gave us an amazing gift with the new Han theme, and then to hear Duel of the Fates again! Chill-inducing!
    4. Rebels - Just because it's 4th, doesn't mean it sucks. It's very good and very cohesive. Obviously similar in tone to TCW, but with less originality
    5. The Mandalorian - A very distinctive main theme and a good western vibe, but it doesn't feel like Star Wars at all

darkspine10 and Larsonator like this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2015
    Rebels is my favorite so far. Mandalorian and Rogue one are very close runner ups. Also shout out to Gordy Haab for Battlefront 2.

Rebels is just so well developed with OT and PT quotes, reimaginations and original music. Most characters have their own leitmotifs that are memorable.
    one of my favorites is Saw Gererra's theme. Very noir, something you don't get a lot of in Star Wars.

militaristic version in this clip. One of the greater scenes of the overall canon IMO.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer Force Ghost star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Wow this is really excellent music!

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2015
    Yeah, and there's plenty of it. This is another interesting track, I can't help but compare it to the Manadlorian's leitmotif. Particularly considering it refers to other Mandalorian characters. Both are strikingly similar, probably inspired by the same source.