main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Which On-Screen Character is Most Well-Known?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by VexedAtVohai, Mar 18, 2022.

?

Which of these on-screen characters is likely the most well-known?

1. Sebulba

11.8%
  2. Qi'ra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cobb Vanth

2.9%
  4. Bib Fortuna

11.8%
  5. Ahsoka Tano

44.1%
  6. Moff Gideon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nute Gunray

2.9%
  8. Yaddle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Captain Phasma

8.8%
  10. Lobot

5.9%
  11. Maz Kanata

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Admiral Ozzel

2.9%
  13. Thrawn

2.9%
  14. Cassian Andor

5.9%
  15. Fennec Shand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You don't have to tell me that.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I look at this list of characters and I don’t think a random person on the street would know any of their names.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If you're only talking about names, I'd add Grogu to that list and I might agree with you.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I went with Bib Fortuna. If we're talking most widely familiar to all fans far and wide (both hardcore and casual), it would have to be someone who appeared in the films. I almost voted Ahsoka-but like Thrawn, there are many out there who never watched TCW, Rebels, read any books-basically haven't seen anything BUT the films, who have no idea who these characters are. So keeping that in mind I went with Bib Fortuna, as everyone who saw ROTJ would recognize Jabba's twi'lek personal attendant (although they may not all know what his name actually is LOL).

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    Ithorians, S. Raw Rats and Sarge like this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd be willing to bet no one knew his name until his toy figure was being sold at stores all over.

DARTH_BELO and S. Raw Rats like this.
  6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    "Ewok" and "Palpatine" aren't said in RotJ either. Toys were definitely a significant factor.

For a long while, I didn't catch that the name "Boba Fett" was said on screen at all. When I first watched the OT he was just "bounty hunter" to me. Not sure how I learnt his name, but I imagine for a lot of people it was toys and comics.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    DARTH_BELO and S. Raw Rats like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well Han says his name in ROTJ right before his jetpack goes haywire and he lands in the Sarlaac.

8. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I think at the time it sounded like one word which I couldn't really make out, and I didn't know what a Bowbefette/Bopaphette/Bo-biffet was, much less that it referred to the person that he accidentally hit right after saying that. It's only after I already knew Fett's name that I heard it properly.

There's so much jargon in Star Wars, some of it probably just gets filtered out unless it's repeated enough times.

Riv_Shiel and S. Raw Rats like this.
  9. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    That was probably true with the majority of Star Wars figures. There was actually very little information out there. The trading cards had a little bio of each character that had some interesting things. Of course, the novels and storybooks had some info, but rarely did the novels give you the names of incidental characters.

I think if you ask people today, Ahsoka wins.

10. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    LOL people voting for a character that isn't even in any of the movies. VASTLY more people watch the films than watch cartoons or TV shows. The answer is one of the characters that is actually named in the movies.

S. Raw Rats likes this.
  11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Exposure can count for a lot more than an in-film name drop. I mean, Disney+ actually has an ''Ahsoka Collection'' in its SW section... When the Clone Wars micro-series came out on Disney + they had title art that, for some odd reason, was Shaak Ti holding a white-looking lightsaber...

*cringe*

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ahsoka has been a brand name for 14 years. Regardless of the haters, no one can deny at this point the character is far more recognizable in name than any of the others on that list for anyone who calls themselves a SW fan.

13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    the question was if a random person was asked and most people have not watched the animation shows, so they are more likely to pick one of the movie characters

it’s not about haters, no one is hating on the character here

and you don’t get to decide who is allowed to be a Star Wars fan, someone who has only watched the movies is just as much a fan as any of us here who have watched and read every thing

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If they aren't the type of SW fans motivated enough to post in the forum, they're likely not to know ANY of the characters in the list. Aside from Ahsoka, each one of them are secondary characters in their movies (if they were in a movie to begin with). I stand by what I said.

Sarge likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Besides the fact that certain people can't play nice in here, I think this thread has run it's course since the consensus seems to be "dunno, hard to poll 8 billion people".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.