main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Census Which region have you lived in the most, or identify with the most?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Jul 28, 2019.

?

Which region have you lived in the most, or identify with the most?

1. USA - West (see map, green)

13.3%
  2. USA- Northeast (see map, blue)

21.7%
  3. USA - North Central (see map, orange)

15.0%
  4. USA - South & Appalachia (see map, red)

20.0%
  5. USA - Territories (see map, pink)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Canada

6.7%
  7. Australia or New Zealand

5.0%
  8. UK or Ireland

5.0%
  9. Europe (besides the UK & Ireland)

10.0%
  10. Everywhere else (I wish this poll allowed more than 10 options!)

3.3%
  1. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Grew up in Munich and Madrid as a child, at 12 moved to Jeddah with my family for 5 years, then back to Munich, in 1993 discovered China and met my future and now ex-wife. Moved to China long-term in 2001, but unfortunately back to Europe (Germany and Spain) in 2011. If given a choice, I would go back to Southern China to live and work there anytime. That culture interests me far more than Europe. Unfortunately the situation has changed, politically, financially, family-wise, health-wise etc., so I won't be living in China in the future. But those years there will always be the favorite ones in my life, when I grew most and gained most experience. Japan or Vietnam would possibly be alternatives, but Europe simply isn't for me. The food, people, culture, lifestyle, climate, mentality... nothing here really attracts me. I feel like I'm in exile, even though most of my family is in Europe.

Ghost and Gamiel like this.
  2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 6

Dec 19, 2015
    I've lived in Illinois for 46 years, 26 of those in and around Chicago; spent a few years working in Austria. For the last 30 years I've spent a bit of every summer in Carinthia (Austria). As a child I spent my summers in Alabama.

Sarge likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
    I spent a few days in Salzburg back in 84. Austria is a beautiful country, and the cleanest one I ever saw.

Sith Lord 2015 and Rylo Ken like this.
  4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Lived most of my life in various parts of Florida, with a few intervening years in the Midwest and other parts of the South. Florida definitely deeply resonates as "home" for me in terms of the flora and fauna (little things like palm fronds moving gently in a balmy evening breeze or the cry of a passing seagull overhead, even in an otherwise mundane parking lot, never fail to enchant and soothe me!), but most parts of it are way too culturally and politically conservative for me.

I would love to live in a major "lefty" city like Portland OR or San Francisco, but I doubt that would ever be feasible at this point. I have also made several trips to Europe over the years and have always wondered/fantasized* about somehow possibly moving somewhere over there permanently, but again, for a combination of reasons, I don't see that as likely anytime soon.

(*meaning that I fully realize that my deep passion for European cultural history has always made me see it in a highly idealized/romanticized way:p)

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 7

Oct 13, 2003
    Anyone else want to share?

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Jul 13, 2008
    I always felt kind of an identity crisis growing up because my family moved every 6-ish years or so (not military or anything, just job changes and such), but living in Europe has taught me to just grumble "Texas" when people ask for specifics beyond "American" and move on with my life. :p

Darth Punk and Gamiel like this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I still refuse to participate because this map marks Missouri as the south.

Point Given likes this.
  8. Darrin Williams

Darrin Williams Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2020
    Was born in what is now Zimbabwe but Texas has been home for most of my life.

9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This poll is too bias towards the US.

Never knew @Ghost has become the nationalist. I've been away for far too long.

Gamiel likes this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 7

Oct 13, 2003
    I did this a couple years ago and it was hard to differentiate, there's just a lot of Americans here.

11. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 3

Sep 6, 2015
    25 years in California in two blocks, with a five year interlude in Texas in between years 9-14. Lived in Utah for the last 16 months.

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I’ve lived in Oregon all my life, with brief trips to California, Washington, Missouri, Tennessee, and Virginia sprinkled in there.

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 4 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    The Midwest is missing

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
    "Well, Bob, I'm not really missing it."

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 7

Oct 13, 2003
    [​IMG]