main
side
curve

Which species would you like to see be expanded on in the existing comics?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Strika23, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    It's probably the Sith tattooing that's confusing, but yeah there have been more human One Sith than just Darth Krayt. Darth Kruhl that fought with HIH Fel was human, [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Human_Sith]as were many of the backround sith attacking Ossus & trying to capture HIM Marasiah & Cade & crew.[/link]

2. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Ah yes, its the tattoos. Impossible to tell whose human and whose not. Kruhl's Wookiee page lists him as "Near-Human (If not Human)" so I guess its still not known. Never really noticed the background guy though.

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Just because we don't know the name of their species doesn't mean that some folks in universe are in the same boat as we are.

Some Vong have already been shown in a few issues of Legacy. I want to see some ewoks and noghri in some of the existing comics..

4. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Legacy also has a Huttese main character in Queen Jool, and don't forget adopted Cathar Micah Skywalker as well as a few Quarren Sith... Jedi Council members K'Kruhk, Tra Saa and Tili Qua, none of which are human.

5. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I'd like to see Vong...perhaps even unusually ones...maybe some that embraced technology or the like.

more then just savage muscle...let's give them some much needed depth...so their creation is not in vain.

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    That Vong lady helped Kol on the Ossus Project, so she is more than just savage muscle as far as the Vong go. And she was nice enough to make a lambent crystal to put in Kol/Cade's lightsaber.

7. DarthAdamentum

DarthAdamentum Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2008
    gimme Noghri please!

Lady Vader we are yours to command!

8. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    You know who gets no play? Zolanders, the basic species from Zolan from which the Clawdites aroze. And Zolan ice men, which everyone (including Wookieepedia) seems to have forgotten about.

9. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Again, just to reiterate, I vote for Makurth.

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    *points at his avatar*

I always hated how despite Xizor being a big name character his species is largely neglected.

Sure, Falleen is meant to be a reclusive and isolated place, but that's what makes it prime territory for stories set on a strange and alien world that is highly suspicious of outsiders and skeptical of both the Republic and the Empire.

I also dislike how the only time Falleen ever show up they're typically doomed to being one of the "archtypical criminal underworld species". Xizor was always meant to be one of the few who chose to live offworld, not a cut-out for all future Falleen to be modelled on.

How about a Falleen noble who isn't the head of the underworld? Why should the Hapans get all the attention? A Falleen Sith in Legacy would be a welcome addition too, particuarly if said character remained true to the species' typical nature of having a superiority complex and being a Sidious-esque schemer. A Sith who can elicit control just by breathing pheremones everywhere, even other Sith would distrust them!

It also adds to my desire for Legacy to feature more non-thuggish Sith. Apart from the chief cabal of Darths most just seem to be brutes. I'd like a few more Sith with brains. I think a female Falleen Sith seductress could be fairly interesting (not that many female Legacy Sith either).

11. DarthAdamentum

Jan 28, 2008
    and her name is Darth Phobos!

12. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Phobos isn't a Fallen. She's a Theelin.

13. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    As for the coolest looking species, there's definitely a tie between Feeorins (Rav's race) and Felucians.

Other cool species include Kel Dor, Cereans, Whiphids, and Nautolans.

14. The_Phenomenon7

The_Phenomenon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    KotOR II had a reference to the Baron Do, so why not have some Kel Dor in KotOR?

15. DarthAdamentum

Jan 28, 2008
    whoops! mesa wrong! ahahaha!

16. jacenskylo

jacenskylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    One species that I was indifferent to was the Anzati until the republic series then I gained a much greater appreciation for the culture and the species. I like the fact that the culture was turned into ethical assassins with a twisted sense of honor

17. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    ,,KotOR II had a reference to the Baron Do, so why not have some Kel Dor in KotOR?,,
    The games should be used to popularise rarely used species.

18. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I agree, the Azanti as well as the Morgukai nikto were really well written for republic. Jan did an awseome job drawing them as well! Love her art!!

19. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Lurmen

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lurmen

20. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    Cragmoloid

[link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cragmoloid]Cragmoloid[/link]

21. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    The Chistori . . . well, a Chistori appears in the Dark Times story currently running on [link=http://www.myspace.com/darkhorsepresents]Myspace Dark Horse Presents[/link].

The Zanibar, hmm, they might be a stretch since they have to rely on more technologically savvy species to get them off-planet.

22. goraq

May 15, 2008
    ,,The Chistori . . . well, a Chistori appears in the Dark Times story currently running on Myspace Dark Horse Presents.,,

Thank you very much for that.[:D]

23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I'd like to see some of the "random aliens" that get put in crowd scenes in comics and other artwork fleshed out more. There are several visually distinctive races that we know nothing about other than what they look like. Old products, like the Marvel comics and newspaper strips, are particularly juicy sources of these folks. A few of those species can be seen [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Unidentified_sentient_species]here[/link], though by their very nature, they often don't get individual articles on the Wook.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    "Spider Duck" o_O

Its interesting how the majority of the Podracing species haven't been used much (swarms of Nosaurians aside). Some of them were kinda cool... [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Er%27Kit]Er'Kits[/link] and [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devlikk]Devlikks[/link] in particular.

25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    We haven't seen Rybets in ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.