main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which teams do you hate the most? (any sport)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by timmoishere, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    And the teams that always win "March Madness"...

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Fixed my post.

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I'm guessing you live in Green Bay...

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Doesn't that make you want to re-evaluate why you would want to be a fan of such a despised franchise?

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Hell NO. The franchise means a lot to the city, and has had continued success throughout the decades.

2008-2009 L.A. Lakers: World Champions!:cool:

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'd view it in the same vein as when Philly fans chant "Crosby sucks." You must be doing something right to get that response. I don't like the Lakers at all, but it's pretty difficult not to respect their great history.

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    - Indy Colts
    - NY Jets
    - NY Yankees
    - LA Lakers
    - Montreal Canadiens
    - Pittsburgh Steelers
    - Cleveland Cavaliers

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    1) Port Adelaide Power
    2) Collingwood Magpies
    3) New England Patriots
    4) San Antonio Spurs

9. Darth_Eradycus

Darth_Eradycus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    1a. Minnesota Vikings
    1b. St. Louis Cardinals
    2. Ohio State Buckeyes
    3. Dallas Cowboys
    4. Cleveland LeBrons (Cavs) Damn you, ESPN!
    5. New England Patriots
    6. Any Florida NCAA Football teams
    7. Duke Basketball
    8. USC Trojans

10. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    All teams from Texas.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    four people have listed the cavs, which i find strange. it's not like they've ever won anything or had any meaningful rivalries up until just recently. it seems akin to hating the clippers. is it simply because of the attention that lebron gets? do you just hate lebron? are you all kobe fans? lebron is probably the most likable superstar athlete of this generation.

12. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    It is because of Lebron and that they are good now. Plus ESPN gives them a ton of coverage and hype. Akin to Tebow or Hannsbrough.

13. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Oooh fun...

I think it all boils down to one team for me, I've reserved all my hate for these ****s'. I hate this team so much I think I'd disown my child should they come home bearing their logo...

[image=http://images.coolchaser.com/themes/t/32408-i40.photobucket.com-albums-e206-cdog87-WhiteSoxsuck.gif]

Chicago White Sux, I fight for the North in our Civil War....

(Dis)honorable mentions go to...

New York Yankees

LA Dodgers

Milwaulkie Brewers

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I put Cleveland on my list for 2 reasons:

1) All they hype they get..............yes, they're a great team, LeBron is great.................but they haven't won jack ****! Not even an NBA Finals game.

2) They ruined my Christmas.:p

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hate like Cavs hate makes me think we're throwing the word hate around too easily. To really hate a team ... that's more than just losing a regular season game, or hearing about their hype on ESPN all the time, or them having a 2-3 year run.

To hate a team ... that has to run through your veins. If a player, or coach, leaves, would that make you stop hating them? If so, you don't actually hate that team. Would you rather see them lose a title game than your team win a meaningless game? If not, you don't really hate them.

Real hate ... I will hate scUM until the day I die. Only one thing could temporarily change it ... flesh and blood playing for them ... and only if I didn't disown them, first. And that would only be a temporary non-hate. That's real hate.

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I agree with Inty.

I cheered against Texas in the national title game. I don't care that it would make the Big XII look good if they won. A&M can lose every other game, as long as we beat Texas, its a successful year.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    OK, the Cavs are off my list...................for now (though they still annoy me). The Giants have yet to break my heart/the Dodgers heart in September/October, though there's much, much more that goes into hating the Giants (the NoCal vs. SoCal thing has a lot to do with it). The Celtics? Always, obviously, disliked/loathed them, but 2008 put them in the absolute hatred list for me. Yeah, the Lakers are the defending champs now, but:

1) The Lakers blew a 24 point lead in game 3 of the '08 Finals at home...............AT HOME! If that doesn't happen, they end up winning all 3 games at home, and suddenly head into Boston with a 3-2 series lead. Alas, no. I'll never forget that night: I didn't speak for nearly an hour, and my friends thought I looked homicidal when we went out to eat.

2) Game 6. Boston clinches the title over my beloved Lakers, in a 39 point blowout................39
    points. In Boston, I might add. Still the worst loss in NBA history in a Finals clinching game.

18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Baseball
    Chicago Cubs
    NY Yankees.
    Football
    Giants
    Eagles
    Redskins
    Basketball
    Lakers
    Hockey
    Redwings
    Soccer
    France
    College Basketball
    Duke
    College Football
    Notre Dame
    Florida State
    USC

EDIT:
    Drac they are called the Milwaukee Brewers
    Tom. Lebron as a likeable guy? He comes off arrogant to me. Dancing and a his stupid hand chalk thing make me sick. Plus he is always crying about plays on the court.

19. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I still hate them:p

20. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This.

Plus

University of Tennessee
    University of Kentucky
    St Louis Rams
    New England Patriots
    Florida Gators

21. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I probably should have listed more than just the 5 I did... because the list is certainly longer than that :p

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I consider teams from New York, Texas, and LA/Anaheim to be the true Axis of Evil.

23. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Population wise, that's like a sixth of the country. Too much hate, mate. :p

24. Darth_Eradycus

Darth_Eradycus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    I've hated the Cav's since the early 90's when they played the Bulls in the playoffs. Mark Price and Brad Daugherty annoyed me to no end. The series' were usually good, but they just rubbed me the wrong way. Kind of like the Knicks. But they haven't been relevant but 2 or 3 years since '95 and it's hard to hate a bad team. I still laugh like hell when they lose, though.

25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    1) Call it revenge for both the 2000 and 2002 Western Conference Finals. Both Portland and Sacramento should have won those series. I'll grant that the Lakers won the 2001 playoffs unquestioningly, but 2000 and 2002 were a fluke.

2) That would be the fault of the Lakers shoddy defense that night, not anything specific to the Celtics themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.