main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Which untold stories would you like to see in the new EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Aug 3, 2019.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Any new ideas?

The three big "new original threat" ideas for me right now would be:
    1. Flawed, centralized, detached, bureaucratic Jedi following the orders of a flawed, apathetic, systematic Republic serving as the gray antagonists.
    2. A sympathetic authoritarian government that's not as plain evil as Palpatine/Snoke/Tarkin/etc., to have a conflict that shows why authoritarian government even when not cackling evil is still bad.
    3. A sympathetic liberator/freedom-fighter antagonist who focuses on the ends justifying the means, no matter how bloody. Think of a mix of the Red Lotus in Legend of Korra with Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Continuation of Solo A Star Wars Story
    KOTOR
    Wars between the Mon Cal and Quarren, maybe bring in the World Devastators

4. Farlion

Farlion Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2019
    Definitely a story from the POV of the New Republic just before and after Starkiller blows up Hosnian Prime.

An entire generation basically has the rug pulled out from under them. All the freedom and protection of the New Republic, gone in an instant. So much story potential there.

Voltron64, Darth Caliban and Ghost like this.
  5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Leia's training. More young Ben training, a Jedi Academy for the 21st century. Not solely about Ben. We'd also come to know Luke's other apprentices.

Depending on where The Rise of Kylo Ren goes with some of this stuff, we could have a series of novels, comics or even an animated series showing us Luke going out with Lor and Lando doing research. Jedi trainees and Ben. It could be something between YJK and TCW. Knights of Ren could become a running antagonist.

Leaves room for characters similar to Corran Horn or Kyle Katarn. Rebel veterans that had potential in the Force but never really recognized it until a fully trained Jedi noticed it.

There would also be potential for this story to intersect with the resolution of Ezra Bridger's story and Ahsoka the White.

IG: @jedisufism

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want to know more about Palpatine’s son, Rey’s father.

I’m guessing he was born around the time of ROTS. I’m not especially interested in the details of Palpatine’s relationship (or lack thereof) with his child’s mother, I’m more interested in the child himself and what his life was like.

Kylo’s comment that “My mother was the daughter of Darth Vader and your father was the son of Emperor Palpatine” made me think about that being half a sentence, the other half being that both rejected their evil parents.

So how did the son of Sheev get away from his father, go into hiding, meet a woman, have Rey and then realize that his father was still alive and hunting his child?

I would buy a book about this.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Who the Four Sages of Dwartii were, what they did, and why Palpatine is so fond of them.

8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The Adventures of Wedge and Lando.

Sarge and Nom von Anor like this.
  9. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    * A story on Syfo Dyas
    * A story, book preferably with Ahsoka & Sabine's adventures to find Ezra
    * Following that, a book focusing on Ezra and Thrawn
    * More on Kix & the Crimson Corsair crew

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
  11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Have you read/listened to Dooku: Jedi Lost? A lot of Sifo-Dyas content in that one.

Jedi Ben, Ghost and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And a little content in Force Collector as well.

13. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    No, it's on my To read list.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  14. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I think the logical place for Star Wars to go is a new Saga that includes a full multimedia storytelling endeavor.

It could.be on the scale of comic series like KOTOR or Legacy, or novels like the NJO. Open up the Old Republic/Mandalorian Wars/Sith Wars era by doing a film saga space at least 3 years between films and a tv series and comics and novels between each film. Could be done in trilogies or whatever number of films.

It would be really interesting, to me, to see the Star Wars brand totally shift focus away from the Skywalker Saga era to something entirely different. Make it one huge multimedia project.

15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Great idea! I've loved what we've gotten but this is an awesome idea and you could do the whole lead in books/comics & shows, comics, books exploring different characters or regions (the Outer Rim).

Dawud786 likes this.
  16. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    I'm sick of the Outer Rim and other frontier-like environments. Come on, show me the great cultural centers of the galaxy! Show me what the highly educated people are thinking!

Ackbar's Fishsticks and Ghost like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You expect a film director to shackle their creative freedom to your multimedia project? [face_devil]

18. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Well, a director should direct, not write the screenplay.

19. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    They really need to get past this writer/director thing, imo.

LFL needs a Feige to mastermind a new Saga in a new time period. And they need to take advantage of the singular canon better.

I'm not suggesting that novels and comics would necessarily tell major events that would hamper films. But I could see those media telling stories in that same era about different characters or providing side adventures that main characters reference like "that bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell."

Marvel Studios seems to be shifting Phase 4 to interweaving their blockbuster movies with Disney+ series. That's part of what LFL should do with Star Wars, and make a decisive break away from the period surrounding the Skywalker Saga. LFL has the added benefit of novels, comics and video games being canon. So they should leverage that to it's full potential , and it can certainly be done without rendering the films incomprehensible to people that will never read a novel or a comic.

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Being more serious, they should do what you sketch out. What I'm not certain of is how much of the wider audience will still care about it.

For myself what you sketch is what I was hoping would happen with Disney's buyout. Until the end of 2017 they were doing quite well at supplying it too. The last two years though? Not so good, at best it's very mixed and what I'm hearing about RoS isn't helping.

Dawud786 likes this.
  21. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I dont think they ever integrated the various media into the way the ST unfolded.

There's definitely plenty in Rebels that could serve as seeds for what is seen in TROS, but it doesn't quite rise to the level of what I'm talking about.

I could see an Old Republic era opened up by having all film and tv media focused there and most of the publishing media. Then, like that show Defiance, have a cross platform mmo that fans can put themselves in the setting.

Theoretically they could grandfather in SWTOR.

22. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Yea, they have a lot at their disposal such as the books and comics. I do think, TRoS (which I saw today) could be understood w/o the supplemental material. I didn't catch all the lead-ins here. I will say R1 wasn't that way so much. I think you almost HAD to read Catalyst to get it, which for us diehard fans is no biggie but the movie-goer won't read.

23. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    The beginning of the Jedi and Sith.
    A continuation of Enfys Nest and Qi'ra from Solo. They're too interesting of characters to discard.
    More on Snoke's early days.
    The Ghost Crew's adventures during the OT and post-OT.
    Rey's training between VIII and IX.

24. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I can't decide which I'd like to see more: a Disney+ series focusing on Lando's post-Solo adventures (starring Donald Glover!), or a Disney+ series focusing on Han and Chewie's post-Solo adventures (staring Alden, Joomas, and the Falcon). A Han and Chewie series could take place in the Corporate Sector and offer lots of Brian Daley tributes and references, while a Lando series offers... Lando. I guess I could just say both. Think of the crossover potential...!

25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I would watch the everloving hell out of a Lando TV show starring Donald Glover. Especially if it takes place pre-Solo and therefore has L3.