main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Which untold stories would you like to see in the new EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Aug 3, 2019.

1. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I think he would have just killed her. There really didn't seem to be much to her beyond taking advantage of Arath and Braylon's weaknesses, they were very weak links.

By the time of the Clone Wars, Cenevax's info would be long out of date, and what she had to offer would be nothing in comparison to what Sidious had access to. I'm sure there are plenty of other characters besides Dooku who could find her useful though. Maybe Cad Bane, Jango, Aurra and co. could break her out for their own purposes.

---

That would be around the time of Darth Gravid and/or Darth Gean, wouldn't it?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Chrissonofpear2 and AusStig like this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I reckon so, yeah, @VexedAtVohai.

I assume Darth Vectivus predates Gravid, as the former is a rather mellow Sith.

Gravid starts the Grand Design, teaches Gean, but then sees the error of his ways/goes mad straddling light and dark.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I can see him killing her for sure, provided he can find no other use for her, but I don't think her information would be completely out of date.
    Even if many of her contacts are dead or retired, she likely still has access to a mountain of information that could be of use: hideouts, vaults, items of value. Furthermore it is very likely that some of her contacts could still be of use: politicians tends to stay on long past their 'best used by date' even in our world, and in the Star Wars galaxy with aliens around every corner its probable that some of those on her payroll could still be in their prime by the war.
    Either way it is ripe for blackmail and another tool for Dooku and Palpatine to use in their integergalactic game of Dejarik.

4. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    More elaboration on this:

Jedi Ben, AusStig and MercenaryAce like this.
  5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Also how it got that way.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think something I always found lacking was there was no Boba Fett vs Wedge Antilles story. Set sometime during the OT. Wedge has made a name for himself as a fighter pilot and the Empire has a bounty on him that is more than just for an average Rebel. Fett goes after him and Wedge is always just narrowly escaping until he gets to a fighter and it culminates in Fett getting Slave 1 shot up with Wedge escaping.

7. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    The backstories of some Dark-Siders' lightsaber crystals could be interesting. A longer-lived Jedi of the High Republic could have their kyber end up in Plagueis or Sidious' lightsaber.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  8. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I hope Canon stories introduce a number of Sith factions pre-1000 BBY, rather than treating them as a single group with the same aesthetic and beliefs. Tell stories about the Naddists vs the Ziosti vs the Ixigul Sith, etc., with some perhaps being anti-heroes fighting the more outright villainous Sith.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    As I am getting into SWTOR, one thing I really do appreciate is how multifaceted the Sith/Imperial faction is. Sith are not all generic 100% evil villains (ok, some are). Many are portrayed as individuals who spend a lot of time thinking about the implications of their actions, so not every single one is out for his/her/their own benefit. That makes it a whole lot more interesting. While I'm not advocating a "the Sith mentality is onto something!" trend in the new EU, the return to the old Sith factions with disparate philosophies would be really interesting.

AusStig likes this.
  10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    A Lost Stars sequel.

A book about Obi-Wan's and Satine's time together that very strongly hints at Korkie's true parentage.

11. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    I just want to know what happened to the rebel solders captured at the Beginning of A New Hope

12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Luke killed them when he blew up the Death Star along with all prisoners still in the detention blocks. [face_whistling]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm hoping for some of this in general in Tales of the Jedi S2. I know Obi-Wan is one of the most saturated Jedi in all mediums but I'd like to see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan protecting Satine during the Mandalorian Civil War(s) pre-TPM. It would tie in with Mandalorian S3 (among other things)

MercenaryAce likes this.
  14. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    More stories about places! Or at least, that take better advantage of them. The locations I'm most attached to are the ones where we get to slow down and really appreciate them. Like Taris and Dantooine in KotOR, Tatooine in ANH, Hoth in ESB, Endor in RotJ, Ferrix in Andor, etc. Too many planets feel disposable — I don't care what happens to the people of Mining World 642, I'm sorry.

More capital ship battles. We're getting Thrawn on-screen, surely this must be coming.

More new factions (or old ones brought to the screen). The Mandalorians are a welcome addition here, and Gorian Shard's pirates were fun, but I want more. There's so much more to the galaxy than just Rebellion vs Empire or Republic vs Separatist.

MercenaryAce and darklordoftech like this.
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That would be fun.

Though since TOTJ shorts are...well, short, I would like something that looks at the Mandalorian Civil War/Great Clan War in more depth, like a novel or comic run or its own series or something.

Indeed. In particular, I definitely want more follow up on the factions introduced in Aftermath.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I feel like that could even be its own tv show.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Honestly I'm surprised there hasn't been more. Maybe they're holding off on it, because it might make it into a TV show? Basically the only D+ show that hasn't involved Mandalorians in some way has involved Obi-wan.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Anything set in the Old Republic or Bane Sith era. That's where all my favorite EU stories from Legends came from.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Summarizing and some reframing or narrowing-down on some earlier ideas:

* more on Naboo, especially Luke/Leia with Naberries (hopefully the Sabe/Vader arc will lead to something like this post-Vader)
    * more on non-Corporate/non-Sith Separatist heroes (finally hinted at more in Andor and Bad Batch)
    -more on Qui-gon, whether explored in TOTJ as an apprentine or in an Obi-wan Kenobi season 2 as a ghost
    * Jedi Families/Bloodlines - they've had to have happened sometime in the past if not to be allowed again in future, just a different take on the Jedi
    * Gray Empire antagonists who aren't Palpatine-evil, more like the Fels with their Knights
    * Gray Liberator antagonists, like if Saw Gurera type was the main antagonist of a Newer Republic which was still seen as less than ideal
    * Divided Jedi/Galaxy - multiple Jedi orders following different governments in a multistate galaxy, with some neutral Jedi organizations and some wanderining independent Jedi too
    * Flawed Jedi/Republic - hinted at in animated TOTJ, but a time where the Republic is clearly corrupt and the Jedi are clearly too blindly obedient to its bureaucracy, with Jedi/Republic as antagonists
    * a story about Jedi on a humanitarian mission - just healing soldiers and civilians on both sides, trying to negotiate an end to fighting, and focused on delivering food and medicine
    * a story about Jedi who target evil leaders on both sides of a war through covert missions and spy action
    * a story about Jedi who are wandering archaeologists, Indiana Jones style - not involved in politics or war necessarily, but still plenty of action and adventure
    * a war story where none of the main actors on any side are Force-sensitive - we see the Jedi, but they're very much neutral/isolated monks who are swearing-off the outside world and getting involved (maybe they just do archival work, or science work, but still they keep to themselves mostly and are non-combatants), so it's up to others to stop relying on the Jedi and figure it out themselves

A lot of these ideas could be combined to be different aspects of just a few unique stories, too.

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    - What became of 11-4D after Tarkin.
    - Who the tall-hatted advisor to Sheev in ROTJ is.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  21. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Is it not Ars Dangor?

22. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Wait what happened with Corellia in 500bby?

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/470_BBY

470 BBY, actually.

Corellia seceded and with Selonia and Drall attacked Talus and Tralus.

AusStig likes this.
  24. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Reread Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison recently, understood that want to see detailed stories about how named prisoners of the Prism were captured (most of them - by Anakin), maybe as part of the NU Canon.

More possible variant - story about how Xizor became leader of the Black Sun.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I thought Ars Dangor has a mustache.