main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Which weekend would be best to go to Ottawa for a Joint Fan Force activity?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Mar 2, 2006.

?

Which weekend would be best to go to Ottawa for a Joint Fan Force activity?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2006.
  1. Victoria Day (May 20-22)

50.0%
  2. St. Jean Baptiste Day (June 24-26)

10.0%
  3. Canada Day (July 1-3)

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Please vote on which weekend would be best for you to travel with the Montreal Underground Knights to Ottawa for a joint activity. The poll is open till April 15th so that we have enough time to book hotel rooms and organize carpooling etc. It also gives the Ottawa Fan Force enough time to prepare for our arrival and to for us to decide together which activities might be best to offer for both groups together.

I hope there is a good response to this as I think it would be fun to meet other fans in neighboring cities! :) Hopefully this will be the first of many joint activities with other FF.

When voting keep in mind that only St. Jean weekend is not a long weekend in Ottawa. The other 2 dates are national holidays.

2. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I don't care which it is, as I currently don't ahve anything preventing me from going. Well the only thing is the lift, so whatever weekend suits you Goddess suits me!

3. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Any of the three weekends work for me as long as I have advance notice. That's why I have the poll ending mid April so I can get the time off work.

Now if only people would vote on which weekend, I could get things organized ;)

4. Darth_Nurse

Darth_Nurse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2006
    It's the same for me goddess but I did vote for canada day but any of the other so I can take time off from work...

LJS don't worry, We'll manage to go get you!!!

5. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I believe Victoria Day would be the best:

here is why:

a) it's the week-end prior to my star wars birthday day
    b) much less crowded and if we want to do some tourism we might as well avoid the crowd.

Personally, I would be fine with a trip to the museum of technologies and the museum of natural history, but that's just me.

Canada day is just too crowded for my taste and I fear we would have a hard time finding some fair restaurants to eat at for supper.

then there is St-Jean Baptiste day which for me is just un-acceptable to be anywhere else then in my province ;)
    Call it a culture thing.

A Quebecer "Draar Diqu"

6. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I agree with your reasoning Uilmuteiz. Not to mention that the St. Jean weekend is also Grand Prix weekend here as well. I'm leaning towards Victoria Day weekend as well right now. :)

7. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Alright Victoria Day is around the 22nd of May right? Cause if that is so then you guys can forget me. I got my end of semester exams during that week.

8. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    The trials of organizing a bunch of people :(

You should have seen the Ottawa chapter trying to organizing a simple dinner :(

9. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Well I have a suggestion as I can see things are going to be close.

Why don't those of us who are available go to Ottawa on the Victoria Day weekend and then those who want to go on Cananda Day can go with those of us who would like to go a second time? I'm all for going twice personally :D

10. Minder

May 28, 2002
    That sounds cool. Now what are we gonna do? :)

11. Spudtrooper

Spudtrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    OMG the aviation museum i'd love to see that

12. Minder

May 28, 2002
    They just renovated that.

The War Museum should have a bunch of the same guns that were used as props in the movies!

13. Sonya_Antana-Sky

Sonya_Antana-Sky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2005
    Wasn't there a museum about transports or something like that in Ottawa? I went in 6th grade and I remember seeing a lot of trains, which then appeared really huge, but maybe it's just the fact I didn't stand 5 feet...:D

Anyway, I think the 2 week-end idea is nice, because I just don't know where I'll be working this summer, so 1) I have to know in advance if I want to go somewhere and 2) I have to gather money first!

I'd really like to go and meet you all.

14. Spudtrooper

Jan 10, 2006
    i wouldn't mind the 2 week end thing sounds pretty kewl to meet you all

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    -_-

allright I'll go with you guys on Canada Day.

but hopefully you won't be too much on edge for my simple bad humor of being in crowds ^-^

all right all right, I'll see to travel light.

I hate leaving my laptop anywhere else than on my back.

Haa'taylir gar ogir.

16. Minder

May 28, 2002
    OK here is the thing.

The Ottawa people are notoriously hard to organize :)

I will put this same poll up on our board, and see what response we get. I cannot speak for everyone, or plan their Victoria day and Canada day for them. So give it a bit and we will see what they say.

17. Spudtrooper

Jan 10, 2006
    ohhhhhhhh darn Canada Day is the USGP week end better have tv with TSN in hotel rooms:D[face_worried]

18. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Not all of us are hard to organize ;)

Eli

19. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Mar 18, 2003
    I may be able to come with you guys on Victoria day, it all depends on when my exams are schedules that week, and which ones. But yeah I think Canada day will be better off for me...

20. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I vote Victoria Day.

21. Minder

May 28, 2002
    True. VFF almost always answers Email. A fact that I am eternally greatfull for!

22. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Well after a lot of trouble, I've managed to get Victoria Day weekend off work. I'm not sure I'll have the same luck getting Canada Day off so I think we should probably plan on a roadtrip for May 20-22 :) Hopefully that won't be a problem for the Ottawa FF members. If it doesn't work out with them, we could still go and have fun on our own. I'll PM Minder and see what he says :)

23. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    For myself I'd rather go up on sunday morning then come back that evening or the next day depending on the hotel issue. I will definitly go on sunday. Maybe even saturday night.

24. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I'd like to go from Saturday till Monday but I'll stay as long as others are there. :)

25. Ekasra

Ekasra Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    [face_praying] Special SWD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.