main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga While I Wait - Dear Diary 2010 challenge *COMPLETE*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Takianna, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Title: While I Wait
    Author: Takianna
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Characters: Oria - OC
    Genre: Drama
    Notes: For the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/30642121/p1/?66] Dear Diary 2010 Challenge[/link]

Entry 1

I met him early on in the war. It was one of those mixers that are held for troops who are leaving Coruscant. It wasn't like I even planned to go to the stupid thing, but one of my friends wanted to see what all those clones looked like and she forced me. So I got dressed in some of my party clothes and dragged my feet the whole way to the club.

Across a room, filled with men who looked just the same, he was there, smiling at a joke one of his buddies just told him. It was like a holodrama. I swear the lights went dim and it was just the two of us. His eyes met mine and I bashfully laughed at the eye contact, unable to think.

What had I gotten myself into? It wasn't like a relationship was even possible. He was a soldier, after all. I was working and happy just being single, but that all changed in an instant. The instant he walked across the darkened room and said hello. I melted on the inside.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh I love it already! Please include me on your PM list.

=D=

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    It wasn't like a relationship was even possible.

Famous last words :p

I loved the beginning and I can't wait to see what happens next.

If you have a PM list, please add me.

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D==D=

4. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    This looks to be promising, I looooove clones ;)

Put me on the pm list?

Can't wait for the next one!

=D=:D=D=:D

5. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    VaderLVR64 Thank you and I've added your name.

Kelia Yeah, famous last words is right!

GlindaForJediCouncil I love those boys too! [face_love]

Entry 2

It's painful to wait, but it is the way I've chosen because I love a clone. News on the troopers isn't like the updates given on the jedi. There isn't a list where you can go and look to see which troopers are killed in the line of duty on any certain day. I'm sure that someone has that information, but it isn't made public. I have to hold on to the fantasy that he is okay. Until I hear from him, I'm sure I will just have to hope. It's hard to hope though when you know what is happening on worlds across the galaxy.

The numbers of lost men is staggering when they read it on the holonet. Although they give no "operating numbers" of the men who are lost. My stomach knots and sometimes I'm physically sick because I know that somewhere out there, he might be hurt or dying. And he might be alone.

Still I wait for him to send me some confirmation that he's made it through. It's a long wait.

6. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! You can feel the pain and love here. Lovely work! =D=

7. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Wow, this is great! Update soon! =D=

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm physically sick because I know that somewhere out there, he might be hurt or dying. And he might be alone.

:_| :_| :_|

That is exactly what everyone who has a loved one in harm's way feels and it's awful. You did a great job of capturing that and in her case, it's made worse because there is no list of clone casualties.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Incredible job so far Takianna. You must know a soldier's spouse... or your just really good at capturing the emotions of one. Either way: =D=

Please add me to you PM list... [face_batting]

10. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    VaderLVR64 Thank you!

ILuvJarJar Thank you for reading!

KELIA I'm glad you think I captured it right. That's what I'm striving for in this diary. :)

Corellian_Ale I don't know anyone, but I've been around soldiers enough to get the gist of feelings. I've added you to the PM list.

Entry 3

Finally. Just a short message came through a relay comm unit, but it was something. I know he had to work very hard to even get anything to me. It's not like they can just ask to use subspace when they want to.

The message simply said..."Oria, I'm fine. Miss you."

Those five words, spoken in that perfect accent, where so precious to me. I've played them every night this week before I go to sleep. Comforting to hear his voice one more time before I drift off. Almost like he's here, but still my soul and body aches for him. The hurt will never go away as long as we are apart.

11. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    The message simply said..."Oria, I'm fine. Miss you."

:D

=D= Can't wait for more!

12. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm so glad he got a message out

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

The hurt will never go away as long as we are apart

True, but every little bit of good news helps.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Those five words, spoken in that perfect accent, where so precious to me. I've played them every night this week before I go to sleep. Comforting to hear his voice one more time before I drift off. Almost like he's here, but still my soul and body aches for him. The hurt will never go away as long as we are apart.

[face_love] Loved it! =D=

14. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    Corellian_Ale Thanks for the continued support!

Kelia Hopefully the good news continues.

VaderLVR64 Thanks so much!

Entry 4

My friends don't understand what is going on with me and the reasons that I can find love with a clone trooper. I can't help the fact that I love him. Clones are not considered "people" by most residents of the galaxy. My friends are included. They ask me questions about things that aren't their business. From questions about what he likes to eat, to questions about his abilities to reproduce.

These are questions that they shouldn't be asking me, but they consider it all fair to talk about and don't even worry about my feelings. They don't know how badly I hurt. I would never ask them these kinds of questions about their love interests, but they continue to ask and snicker at every response I give. I'm tired of their childish games and wish that they could somehow understand the problems that we are facing. It's not always easy to love a trooper, but I didn't get the chance to pick the person I love.

15. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    Awww, the poor dear... She needs new friends... [face_shame_on_you]

Good post :D

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Its sad to see such discrimination against the Clones.

They may not have been conceived or have grown the natural way, but they are still human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

Hopefully, her friends will come around.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    None of us get to pick who we love. We just have to hope for the best! :D

Great update. =D=

18. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    GlindaForJediCouncil Yes new friends would be good!

Kelia Clones are people too! My new motto!

VaderLVR64 Love just happens.

Entry 5

When I heard that they were returning to Coruscant, my heart caught in my throat and I felt dizzy. I couldn't breath. What would I say? How would he look? Would he even come to see me?

I realized early on that things were different between us. Being bound to the Grand Army of the Republic was something I couldn't compete with and I didn't want to try. There were times when he wouldn't be able to see me and I had to learn to understand. It wasn't like he was given a choice on his job. He was made for it and we had to face that fact together. I try so hard to be understanding, but I only wish for normalcy when I know there can't be any.

Now I wait for the knock at the door which might never come. I just want to see him again. To hear his voice and all things he will promise me in the dark. I need him, now more than ever.

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Now I wait for the knock at the door which might never come. I just want to see him again. To hear his voice and all things he will promise me in the dark. I need him, now more than ever.

[face_love] Loved it! =D=

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I don't envy her that wait - it's torturous!

But oh the rewards when/if he does get to see her...

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    A little behind, but more fun for me. (As VaderLVR always says :p )

Clones are not considered "people" by most residents of the galaxy.

:mad: And I'll leave it at that...

...but they continue to ask and snicker at every response I give. I'm tired of their childish games and wish that they could somehow understand the problems that we are facing.

Double Grrrr... :mad:

It's not always easy to love a trooper, but I didn't get the chance to pick the person I love.

How very true. :) Agreeing with Glinda, she needs new friends. :p

There were times when he wouldn't be able to see me and I had to learn to understand. It wasn't like he was given a choice on his job.

How sad, both torn about choices they were never given...

Now I wait for the knock at the door which might never come.

The notion struck me as ironic, because most women involved with soldiers don't want to get a knock on the door, but that wouldn't happen with the clones if they did die in combat. They're just considered property.

=D= Terrific posts Takianna!

22. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    VaderLVR64 Thank you!

Kelia The rewards will be great!

Corellian_Ale I thought about that knock several times. Clones are just "property" so they wouldn't have anyone to inform.

Entry 6

There were few words spoken between us when he returned. I was lucky to even whisper his name before he had his helmet off and was kissing me passionately. All those days of being apart lingered in the air between us, but were washed away as he held me close. I must remember to not let him crush me against his armor again. It can be somewhat painful and I don't think he thinks about it because he just wants to be close to me. It's like a second skin to him.

Now he is standing out on my small balcony, shirt off, staring out at the lights which are flying by in the Coruscant sky. I don't know where he is, but the painful look in his eyes gives me a hint of where he might be. He's there on a planet where so many of his clone brothers were left to die.

I've learned alot from him. He feels more deeply then most normal people. I also know that the only time he doesn't feel is when he has a blaster in his hand. Then he shuts everything else off. It's his therapy.

23. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    I also know that the only time he doesn't feel is when he has a blaster in his hand.

=D=

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    the only time he doesn't feel is when he has a blaster in his hand. Then he shuts everything else off. It's his therapy

It probably has to be in order to do his job. :(

I'm thrilled to see they had such a lovely reunion, though.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Just a wonderful series of posts so far - but then, anything from you is wonderful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.