main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga While I Wait - Dear Diary 2010 challenge *COMPLETE*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Takianna, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    He's back! [face_dancing] I'm incredibly happy for Oria, even if she's only a fictional character. ;) Don't know how long they'll get to spend together before her soldier has to report back, but I hope it passes meaningfully for them!

Congratulations on the win in the Saga Awards! =D=

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwwwww....what a lovely surprise!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

It's nice to see a happy moment for a change.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who is reading and all those who voted for me in the Saga Awards. I was completely blown away and very humbled.

ValiowkThanks for reading. It's good that he has returned, but I fear war may have changed him.

Kelia There are so many sweet moments for them. Thanks for reading!

Entry 15

I angered him. Asking about his operating number made him fly into a rage. He screamed that he wasn't a number, but was a man with a name. I understand the way he must be feeling about being a clone who is sent to die because that is what they are meant for, to most people. I was afraid at the look on his face and he knew that he had frightened me. Once again I cried and he held me close. What is this war doing to us? to him?

Finally after the sobbing had stopped, I told him why I wanted to know and how I worried about him. He just nodded and kissed my hair, murmuring the whole time that he was sorry.

4. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Indeed, war puts a huge strain on people's nerves. Hopefully a few days at home will help Oria's man calm down and readjust!

5. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    ValiowkHopefully he gets that long to be home. Thanks for being a faithful reader.

Entry 16

Dejectedly, I said goodbye this morning. Why does he have to go? Why can't someone take his place? We could run away and leave this place. No one would know any different. He's just another clone who surely wouldn't be missed.

He has to go though. I saw the look in his eyes as I clung to his fingers just wishing for one more second to touch him. Just one more minute to be with him. Wondering if it would be the last time I heard him speak my name or smile at me.

I am selfish and he is not and that is why he could continued walking down the hall after we said our goodbyes.

6. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    The thing is, we all know the answer to that question - if everybody ran away and didn't serve in the army, what army would there be to speak of? Of course, that brings us to the very point of why a clone army was created - in order to replace "real" beings on the battlefield. The galaxy created sentient beings and then pushed all responsibility onto them, giving them no choice whether or not to accept this responsibility. And that, perhaps, is the greatest tragedy of the Clone Wars.

Thanks for giving me something to read to brighten up my day - the least I can do is leave regular reviews! :)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And I hope he will survive after the Clone Wars.
    Clones are humans and are all different.

Great update=D==D=

8. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    First off, Congrats on the Award! ;) (well deserved!)

Secondly... Chapter 14?!?! :eek: AND [face_dancing]

The outburst was a bit scary, but misunderstandings do happen from soming of a state of being in high alert round the clock to relative normalacy... ;) Especially with emotions & tensions running so high.

Sad to see him go, his time apparently was so short... But, at least the recent moments give her something to hold onto for the next stretch...

Geat handful of updates Takianna! =D=

(I may not read them right away, but I'll always make time to catch up! ;))

9. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I don't think you are selfish at all.

Just worried sick and tired of the war.

Understandable.

Great updates

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    Valiowk Great points! Thanks for reading.

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks for reading. They are all very different. I love them all.

Corellian_Ale Thanks so much! I know there are lurkers out there! I love you all just the same. [face_laugh]

Kelia I don't know how much more of war Oria can take, but hopefully she can stick it out.

Entry 17

Krystal thinks that she can find out about our men. She has spoken with her friend who works in the senate building. I know that she had to promise this person many things to even get the chance to look over the reports. I don't want to know how much she had to pay them or what she had to give them and I don't know that I even want to know. We all make sacrifices.

I gave Krystal his operating number. The other women did too. She was the only one who was going to get to look at the documents. We had to trust her to tell us the truth even if she knew how hard we would take it.

The look on her face when she returned was like nothing I had ever seen. I don't think Nysha (another one of us who recently joined in our weekly lunches) knew what was coming her way. She just crumpled to the floor sobbing that she hadn't had enough time with him and why wouldn't he be able to come home.

After we all helped to get Nysha home, I came home and sobbed into my pillow. I don't know if it was from relief that he was still okay or the fact that I felt so sorry for Nysha.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    touching update showing the uncertainties and her worrying.=D=@};-

12. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    What a heartbreaking update! It's bad enough that Krystal has to go to such extents to find out news about the men; the fact that she will also be the one to bring back the bad news must really crush her! I hope that both Nysha and Krystal will be fine.

Great introduction of a new development here; I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Nysha!

:_| :_| :_|

But that is the reality of war for those who've lost their loved one. :_|

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    We all make sacrifices. :_| How true!

So sad for Nysha...

15. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan Thank you!

Valiowk This could be the point that mobilizes the women who love the clones.

Kelia Thank you!

Corellian_Ale Those who sacrifice are sometimes stronger. Thanks for reading!

Entry 18

Work has been difficult to concentrate on. Number after number passing over my desk. I don't know what I found so exhilarating about accounting in the first place, but it has now lost all of it's luster.

I'm a robot just doing what they want me to do at work and then going home to live out my true life. The life where I wait, wonder and worry. The war can't possibly last much longer. I hope

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    How true;) accounting can be boring, very boring. Work is work but after that it begins, worries, happy things and so on.

Nice update=D=

17. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Indeed, it's difficult to find joy in anything when there's something worrying constantly on your mind. I hope Oria won't neglect to take care of herself, though.

18. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008

It is a difficult task to concentrate on the hum-drum when there is matters so more important pressing on your mind.

Do we know what year, or phase in the war the diary is at for place in timeline purposes?

19. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    Oh, this is amazing! It made me feel her pain! :_|

Please add me to the PM list!

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I can totally relate to the trying to get through the drudgery of work only to come home to worry and wait for word, any word.

:( :(

I hope she hears from her soldier soon.

Great update

=D= [face-applause] =D= =D=

21. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan Thank you so much.

Valiowk She does need to take care of herself.

Corellian_Ale I'm being vague about the phase of the war. We are approaching the battle of Coruscant from Episode III. I don't really have a time between the recordings either, so this could've been a diary which has been kept for a long time. I think next time I answer I'll be even more vague. LOL

QueenArdnassak Thank you and I will add you to the PM list.

Kelia Sometimes you just have to slog through whatever is in your day and then enjoy it when it's over! I totally agree.

Entry 19

I don't think my love will be home anytime soon. Things have picked up in the war. They are saying that it is final push, but I've heard that many times before. It's not something that anyone knows. I think everyone is just guessing when it will end.

When it does end....well I don't know what will happen. There is so much discussion over clone rights. They should have rights. They are people. Just because you are copy of another person, does not make you anything less.

I've been researching the Kaminoans cloning practices as best I can. They are very cruel, it seems and just incinerate whole batches of "botched" clones. How can beings think that way? Is any human being ever perfect?

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great insightful thoughts on the Clones and the Kaminoans as uncaring beings

Great update=D=

23. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    I guess we're approaching a suspenseful point in the story! I wonder if Oria's man will survive the events of Episode III? And indeed, I'm certain that the more one finds out about how the clone army came to be created, the more disturbed one will be. Now that it's all been done, one can only hope that as many clones as possible manage to lead normal lives subsequently.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    :_| Aww! Bring her soldier home!

25. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    Sorry for the lateness in posting! I'm back baby! Thanks to all the readers. I will be finishing out the diary very shortly!

Entry 20

Another week of worrying and Krystal has gotten to see the records again. My soldier is fine and in fact, she said, he was transferred to another ship recently. Now I don't know where he is or who he is with, but I hope they keep him safe. It's all I can hope for, right now.

Nysha had a small ceremony for her love....Cue. It was very nice and she said some lovely words to say. It's strange, they are all different, but the similarities are something you never get used to. She talked about the way he stood or the sound of his voice and I thought of my love. It's the same sound that we are all hearing when we get a chance to hear it. We knew what she was talking about and most of us who were there, sobbed uncontrollably as she spoke about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.