main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

While You Were Gone (Han/Leia AU) Updated 7/10/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StonedRose, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    All right, here it is. Again I apologize for the shortness, I did want to do more. And if it's a little rough drafy, well....shoot. I'm really rusty at this. Anyways, hopefully this is the start of much better things for me and this fic.

Oh, and I ran through and tried to take out all the bad language, but I'm in a mad rush, so if I accidentally overlooked something please don't ban me. Thanks.

Anyways, here you are!!

The area surrounding the Millennium Falcon was in chaos.

The drone of excited voices hung heavily over the massive hangar, as pilots and personnel pushed to get a better view of the ship. Spacers, with their renown appetite for the dramatic, had begun to crowd around the Falcon at the first sign of trouble. Many of them were already speculating on what had happened. "There was a price on his head," they whispered, and there was almost a perverse delight in some of their voices. "Nah, Solo's such a cad," others argued, "I bet a jealous husband finally caught up with him." One pilot had sworn that he had heard there were stolen goods in the smuggling compartment.

But even with all the speculation, the tension in the air was almost palpable.

Leia Organa pushed her way through the milling bodies, mentally steeling herself for whatever lay ahead. She felt removed from all the surrounding chaos, the only thing grounding her was the bitter taste of fear on her tongue. She blocked out the voices of the excited pilots. She saw only the ship.

As the princess drew closer to the Millennium Falcon, the crowd got even thicker, and she had to physically shove her way past several pilots. "Let me through," she demanded impatiently, her diplomatic manners long gone. A few of them gave her a strange look, but they all attempted to clear her way.

It was a familiar howl that finally cut through the agitated murmur, and Leia looked up to notice the dark form of a wookiee looming over the heads of the crowd. He appeared to be shouting angrily at someone. "Chewie!" She cried out desperately, "Chewie!"

Suddenly, the wookiee's head turned and their eyes met. <Princess!> Chewbacca called, and the white faced pilot took an opportunity to slink away. <Princess!> Chewie hastily started pushing the last of the pilots out of her path. <We've been trying to contact you!> He gently grabbed her arm and led her the final steps toward the ship.

"Chewie," she gasped, as he stopped her in front of the boarding ramp. "What's going on here? Where's Han? Where?s Bailey?"

<I just got here myself->

Leia shook her head in startled confusion, "but what-? Where's Han?"

The wookiee's grip was tight on her shoulders. He stared at her imploringly. <Something's happened.>

Leia immediately shot a look up the ramp of the falcon. "What? What's happened?" She began to pull out of Chewbacca's grip. "What's happened, Chewie? Is it Bailey?"

<No, it's not Bailey,> he said, fighting to keep his own voice steady. His arms seemed to shake with suppressed grief as he gently tightened his grip on the princess. <But there's a lot of blood, and Han->

"What?" Leia's voice rang with alarm, and she tried to pull away from the wookiee again. "What's happened? What's happened to Han?"

<I'll try to explain everything, but it's better if you don't go up there yet--.>

"Chewie, tell me!"

He soberly met her eye. <Han's been shot, Princess.>

Leia felt her legs weaken beneath her. "Oh, Gods," she moaned, and suddenly the corners of her vision began to waver.

<Some pilots tried to help him, but they're not doctors, they didn't know-->

The princess pulled herself out of Chewbacca's grip. "Where is he?" She demanded, "where's Han? Let me see him. I can help."

<We finally got in touch with the meds, they should be on their way.>

"If it's a blaster wound, I can help!" Leia reminded him shrilly, "both of us. We can help him. We've been in battle, we know what to do!"

<I have tried to help, Princess!] The Wookiee barked impatiently, finally hearin

2. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    NO!

We should spread the word...
    Signatures anyone?

THAT WAS GREAT!
    SR excellent...i'm psyched...

we're getting close to a showdown!

p

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    A POST!! A POST!!! STONEDROSE POSTED! Such tension.... and yes! :mad: You STILL left us with Han bleeding! :eek: :_|

But I am So Happy you are posting again, I will forgive you! :D

4. YouCouldUseAGoodKiss

YouCouldUseAGoodKiss Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    WOW! I can't believe it! An update. Somebody mentioned it in another thread. So Cool. Please don't keep us hanging again. Thanks for remembering about poor bleeding to death Han.

5. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Oh yippee!!! An update!!!! I hope Leia can heal Han in time! And I hope Chewie can get Bailey! Please keep on updating, I love this story!

6. Kirana

Kirana Jedi Master star 2

Nov 13, 1999
    Woo! Update!

But... he's still bleeding... still in a pool of blood... on the deck...

7. Half-Pint

Half-Pint Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    Great Post! He's still bleeding to death, but at least he is still alive at this point! A true miracle in itself!

However, I am seriously addicted, so you must post more!! Pretty Please?

8. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    He's still alive, and Leia's there. Hope she can really help, and hope Chewie rescues Bailey from that rat!

It's a great start, SR, hope you can keep it going now.

Save Han!!! Get Simon!

9. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Thank you, StonedRose! Even though Han is still bleeding, there is hope. Leia can now put her force talents to very good use. I hope the pilot who took Bailey wasn't really Simon. That would stink. Please don't wait another two years to update again. As always, I love this story. :)

10. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    You picked up right where you left off without missing a beat. Well done!! This was the first story I read on this board and one of my favorites. Glad to know its really going to be finished!

11. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Yay! An update!:D =D= [:D] :D

I have no fear, I'm sure Leia will handle this. She didn't wait all those years just to get him back and let him bleed to death... um, right? [face_worried]

StonedRose, it's great to see you getting back into the swing of this fic! Congratulations on getting a new post up! =D= It was worth the wait. Plus, it did a very nice job of making us want to read more. :) Short, but who's complaining? Not me!

Write more when you get the chance.

J_Girl

12. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Absolutely the best thing EVER. I am so happy that you've updated!!!! Now just don't let han lie there and bleed for two years... I'm sure that it would be rather unpleasent.

13. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    :eek: You posted! You really really posted! AWESOME! :D :D :D [face_dancing] :D :D :D

Yay! You posted! That's great! :D I saw your new story and thought "Hm... maybe she's writing her story again..." and you were! :D

And Han's still bleeding! Oh no! :( ;) It's okay. You'll fix him up. I know. :D

14. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    FYI in case you didn't notice I think LP edited your title bar..whoo hoo it now says 7/10/05

pats SR on the back..Congratulations! (now don't keep us hanging until 2007!)

15. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_dancing] =D=
    AN UPDATE!! EXCELLENT!!
    WOW!
    I am still in shock!
    gret update!

DM

16. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Oh wow! I'm so glad I stumbled on this update. This is one of my favorite stories. Please continue!

17. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    I ran in to this while reading your perfect little story "A Brush with Fame". I wondered....thought...nah...hmmm...maybe. Why not? You did update!!! I love they way you write Han and Leia. This sotry is miles too good to lay around. More, more, more (as that old disco tune played...

18. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Well, Happy Birthday Harrison Ford! SR, now don't let Han die on us, ok?

19. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    YAY! *hugs SR until she can't breathe* I'm so glad you posted!! PLEEEEEEEASE don't wait another two years before posting the next part! Han will certainly be dead by then!

20. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Whoa! Yay! People still care! Seriously, I'm so impressed with the people who have kept up with this story. Thanks so much for reading and commenting. And again, I apologize for the last two years of *nothing*, due both to a combination of legitimate outside distractions and pure laziness. But I'll try to be better. I know, I always say that. Like the apologetic drug addict, but I really will.

Anyways.....

jade51999: Ha ha, I think you're like my longest reader. Very cool. And I totally saw your siggy, and appreciate you spreading the word that this was updated. You so didn't have to do that, so it was really cool of you. If I ever need a PR person, can I give you a call? ;)

GreatOne: You have to be one of the most prolific H/L writers around. Whenever I start jonesing for a fic, it seems that I can always count on you to have something new cooking. Dude....ha ha, do you have any idea how lazy you make me feel??? SLOW DOWN!!! PACE YOURSELF!!!! YOU'RE MAKING THE REST OF US LOOK BAD!!!....ha ha ha ha, just kidding. Don't you dare stop! I love reading your fics, they're such a treat. Anyways, glad you're still bothering to check up on mine. :)

YouCouldUseAGoodKiss: Yaay! A new face! Thanks so much for reading, and for being patient with me. I'll try to not to keep you hanging as long this time!

PrincessDaisy2: Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the story! I swear, I'm gonna try to be better about this. I really am. :)

Kirana: But... he's still bleeding... still in a pool of blood... on the deck...

Yes, b-but I tried to warn you about that. You know? Remember?

Nevermind, you're right. I should help out the poor guy already. :(

Half-Pint: However, I am seriously addicted, so you must post more!!
    Oh, no! Another addict!! Actually, yaaay! Fic addiction is good. And I'm sincerely flattered that my story might be adding to this serious epidemic spreading across fandoms everywhere. ;) I'll do my best about updating. I really will.

dm1: Thanks for the comments, dm1!! And I really am going to do my best with poor bleeding Han. To be honest, I'm *really* starting to feel guilty about it. I mean, what's the poor guy ever done to me?

Chewie-Fan: Yaay, another new face! I'm so glad you're reading!
    You picked up right where you left off without missing a beat.

Wow, thanks! I'm glad you think so, because that was concerning me quite a bit actually. Oh, good, good, though. Thanks again for reading! :)

J_Girl: Hey!!!! Well, haha, you know, when I saw *you* updated your fic, I knew I had to turn around and update mine. It seems to be a natural inclination of mine or something. "oh, wow! J_Girl's back...again! Well, if *she* can do it..." Anyways, thanks for the comments.
    Write more when you get the chance.

Heheheh, I knew if anyone was going to be patient and understanding about this whole thing, it would be you. Keep writing!

Silver_Solo: Wow, thank you!! I love your enthusiasm! Seriously, thank you! And I'm gonna try and do my best by Han, I really am. Then again....who knows what could happen in the story, right? ;)

Jaya Solo: Hey!! Glad to see you're still checking up on me. Thanks for your comments! :)
    It's okay. You'll fix him up. I know.

Ahh, your faith in me is your weakness.....or something or other. Palpatine would know what I was talking about. ;) Nahh, I'll try to be gentle with dear ol' Han, but who knows where the story will go, right? ;)

DarthMasan: Ha ha, sorry to shock you! Hope it didn't fry your brain or anything. ;) But thanks for checking in, I'm so glad you're still reading! :)

Dally: Oh, hey!! I'm so glad you DID stumble in here. I'm so glad you're still reading. Sorry for keeping you waiting to so long. I'm attempting to turn over a new leaf with that. Again.

calgary: Hey!! Thanks for the comments. I'm so glad you liked the other one, too. It was admitedly a lot of fun to write, and I think indirectly a result of the da

21. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
  22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, wow! You updated!! [face_dancing]

But poor Han...still bleeding to death on the floor. Come on Leia, go save him!

Wonderful update, Stoned_Rose! Definitely worth the wait. :)

23. Nikki

Nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2001
    *GASP* OMG she UPDATED! Has it really been 2 years? Yipes!

...You can't leave Han bleeding to death! :_| He better be okay...

24. SomeoneWhoLovesYou

SomeoneWhoLovesYou Jedi Master star 1

May 22, 2005
    Please update. You wouldn't let Han die would you? Leis and Bailey need him!

25. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    OK, Stoned Rose. Time for some bribing. What will it take? Chocolate cake? A bottle of red? A bottle of white? Name your price and I'll pay it! Just don't leave us... Please? The same goes for J-Girl!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.