main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Whispers (Li'l Obi, Lightside Xan, Anakin) Extreme AU Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: Whispers

Author: Layren

Summary: Little initiates never do sleep when you tell them to?

Characters: Li'l Obi, Xan, and Anakin, Qui-Gon, Kyran and Shane

Author's Notes: This version of little Obi-Wan was heavily borrowed from Gah! with permission from Princess_Arulmozhi, even if I did pair him with a different Master than she did ;) The link to her adorable fic which was the inspiration for this can be found Here Extremely AU.

Obi-Wan is three, Anakin is five and Xan wouldn't tell me how old he was :p Takes place during the Days Like These series in the far future. For those who haven't read the series, our three Jedi Masters, Qui-Gon, Shane and Kyran have shared quarters since childhood. The first book in the series can be found Here

Note Two: This bunny bit me at 1:30 AM and it insisted that I get up to write the first bit :p Drat that muse, can't it work the day shift? :p Feedback is much appreciated :)

Edited for grammar and clarity in the author notes and spelling errors. Gah!

Three-years-old though he was, even Obi-Wan knew that sometimes you had to do things Masser didn't want. Masser Cal-lis-ter had told him to go to bed and he had tried to sleep as Masser had asked. But he couldn't sleep. Ani-kin was in the room next door and his Masser Cal-lis-ter and other peeple were sleeping too. They all lived in the kaurters at the same time.

He should be sleeping. He stared at the fishy 'ightlight. It seemed to be telling him to go to Ani-kin. Ani-kin needed a friend. He had been a safe (was that the right word?) to someone named Wattoo only a few days ago on Tatuuinee. The fishy 'ightlight flickered then winked out making the room dark.

"Gah!" he needed no further urging to go find Ani-kin. He didn't want to be by himself in the dark. He felt his way along to the door that separated his and Ani-kin's bedroom.

"Ani-kin?"

"Obi-Wan?"

Encouraged by the voice he toddled forward into the light of Ani-kin's room and crouched down by the 'ightlight. Ani-kin's was a star. "Fis'y 'ightlight went gone," he said by way of explanation of why he was in Ani-kin's room.

He felt Ani-kin's eyes on him and heard the rustle of covers.

Ani-kin was sniffling. Obi-Wan's eyes filled with worry. "Sowwy," he said worriedly, glancing up at Ani-kin, who smiled some.

"Not your fault."

"Me no mean to."

"I know. You didn't do anything."

Obi-Wan stared at him wondering how he could know and then the door opened again behind him and he saw Masser Joessel's appruntice, X'ani-tos come in.

"I felt bad things. You okay?"

Obi-Wan glanced to Ani-kin waiting for his answer. Ani-kin shook his head. "Bad dreams."

"Maybe you should tell Master Qui-Gon," X'ani-tos suggested.

"I don't know. He might not want me to wake him," Ani-kin said sniffing more.

"Masser wuld," Obi-Wan chirped. "Masser says talk if bad things come in night."

"He's right," X'ani-tos ruffled Obi-Wan's hair and pulled on the padawan braid gently, making him giggle.

"Let's go find them," X'ani-tos suggested.

"Gah!" Obi-Wan gurgled, positively glowing at the idea of going find his Masser in the middle of the night and crawling up in bed with him.

He stepped out of Ani-kin's room, following behind X'ani-tos who led way. Ani-kin was right behind him. X'ani-tos was peeking in the Masser's rooms to try and find Ani-kin's Masser.

"In here," he whispered, beaming.

Obi-Wan stared up at the huge bed. In it were the three Masser's Kai-Gon, Ki'ran Joessel, and Shane Cal-lis-ter all curled up together, a giant blanket of feathers with blue and white tips was draped over the three of them. X'ani-tos had already started to climb up and Obi-Wan scrambled after him. He jammed himself next to Masser Cal-lis-ter and Kai-Gon and as he buried his face in the soft blanket h

2. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    Awwww. They're so cute. I love how you used lil Obi-Wan's POV. You definately captured the 3 year old vocabulary.

Moe mush! [face_laugh]

3. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Wah, I thought I had first post! :((

Very cute. I'm glad you fit Xan in there, I don't read a lot of fics with him in it.

Yay, Laurie!

4. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Moe mush, indeed! Now I have a sloppy, silly grin on my face.

Lil' Obi was spot on for a three YO. I have a just-barely four and his idea of bliss is sleeping with his parents.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Awwwwwwwww. I'm mush now. So sweet.

6. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Very, very cute! [face_love]

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Awwwwww!!! Now little Obi-Wan were just the sweetest thing.

Amazing vig Layren=D=, I loved it.

8. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    awww...that was adorable Layren...lil Obi is sooo cute!

I'm glad this bunny bit you! ;)

=D=

9. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
  10. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Cute! [face_love] You've turned me into a pile of mush, Layren, which is something I desperately needed today. :D I loved little Obi's vocabulary, complete with all the misspellings, and the way he would say everyone's names. *giggles over Kai-Gon*

Great job with this!

Stormqueen

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwwww......that was adorable!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I loved lil' Obi.

Great job on this

=D==D= =D= =D=

12. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Absolutely adorable :)

--shan

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Aya-Na_Bashu Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it! They are rather adorable aren't they? :D I borrowed the misspellings from Princess, with her permission :) I had a lot of fun working on this. Thanks for reading!

Charmisjess Aya snuck in front of you ;) I love Xan as a character, I've never written him in much though. I tend to usually read him and see him as a Dark Jedi so playing with him as light was rather interesting. Thanks for reading!

Ara-gon Glad I could make you smile :p I worked with three-year-olds in daycare :D Thanks for reading!

Valairy_Scot Thank you so much! :)

UnderCoverJedi Special [face_laugh] to your screenname, I just love it! Very glad you enjoyed it :D

Star_Angel Who can resist little three year old Obi-Wan? :D Glad you liked it!

Kestrel_Kenobi I would've been happier if it hadn't bitten at 1:30 in the morning :p Thanks for reading!

Tatooine Ghost Thank you!

stormqueen874 So very glad I could make your day a bit brighter! Kai-Gon was directly borrowed from Princess_Arulmohzi's wonderful fic, with her permission :D

Kelia Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Shanobi Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.