main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whispers of the Force ~ post NJO AU ~ repost from the old Boards ~ Completed on 25/Mar

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Oh, joy. I love this... the tone, the sense of closeness and relief. The teasing and ... Luke's undamaged appetite and the bringing of chocolate... [face_mischief]

Looking forward to the Jaina and Mara talk. :D

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Hazel like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    First of all, this story contains Luke and Mara. And that is always a reason for happiness for me.

Second, it contains chocolate which I love, too. Even though I expect every time wand when the telephone rings that Disney & J.J. Abrams want to cast me as a Hutt for one of the next SW movies. (Well, other teachers that I know smoke.)

You started your story with a beautiful calmness before the storm: Luke meditating.

And you show much tenderness & humour between Luke & his wife.

Therefore: I want to be on the update list.

Gemma, Hazel and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Looks interesting. Continue!

AzureAngel2 and Hazel like this.
  5. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Awesome start. Looking forward to more.

6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Have you done some updating? I really enjoyed the original but reboots/remixes can be good as well.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Gemma, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love sensible, logical Mara. You can really tell why she was perfect as a mentor for Jaina. Chilling vision Luke had there. [face_worried]

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Like the relationship between Jaina and Mara.

And most of all, you write a jolly good Luke. [face_love]

Gemma, Nyota's Heart and Hazel like this.
  10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Tee NJO series lacked responsible beings so it's nice to see some people act responsible.

Thanks for answering my question.

I really liked Mara's heart to heart with Jaina and it did the young woman good. Jaina is still only eighteen/nineteen. I used to know for sure roughly how old she was at the end of NJO but now I'm not sure.

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I believe I remember this one from the first time around, but I think it was posted at a time when I was caring for my Mom and away from the boards often. It's wonderful to see truncated fics reposted, and you know I am allllll for happier times for our heroes. Can't wait for more!! [face_love]

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Gemma and AzureAngel2 like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel ... I love this so much, the talk between the twins. They're so open and warm and sane well, I mean, Jacen is still talking sense. :p LOL

But the L/M -- wonderfully them [face_love] :eek: on the bugs!

Mara is a treat and a joy, no one can jolly Luke out of a mood and get him into another kind better. ;) [face_mischief]

14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Mara is right that they can easily verify that R2 does know things he hasn't revealed to anyone about Luke's parents. Everything else is harder to verify.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Tee NJO series lacked responsible beings so it's nice to see some people act responsible.

Loved Lady_Misty for saying that. Because it is EXACTLY my problem with the NJO series. *nod, nod, nod

Then Luke remembered another part of his dream.

"There was something about my mother… and Artoo."

"Your mother had an affair with Artoo?" Mara asked, trying to make him laugh.

"NO!" Luke snorted out amusingly horrified, which made her start laughing on her own. "That’s not funny, Mara!"

"What!? The rest of your dream is ludicrous enough, why should that part be an exception?" She defended her self, still trying to convince her husband that his dream was just a dream, and a very weird one at that.

Hazel, I almost rolled from the sofa from reading that. [face_shame_on_you]:p;):*

Nyota's Heart, Hazel and Lady_Misty like this.
  16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Gemma and AzureAngel2 like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    "Captain Marcus Jade was a member of the Republic Group and former CorSec agent. He worked often with the Jedi during the Clone Wars and was part of the task force the Jedi Council put together to uncover the sith threat. I do not know if Captain Jade and Jedi Knight Kenobi ever married, but they were involved for several years."

It was Han Solo who picked up on that little piece of information and ran with it.

"CorSec agent? He was Corellian?"

Artoo’s answer was affirmative.

Mara only then began to understand the implications of that affirmation and the teasing eyes of the people around her. She would never live that down.

"Aunt Mara is Corellian!" Jaina stated no longer trying to hide her huge grin.

"Welcome to the Corellian side of the family, Aunt Mara!" Jacen was quick to add.

"After all these years, it sure explains a lot." Luke’s remark was met with a slap in the arm.

Leia was laughing out loud and trying to hug her sister-in-law while saying. "We really should have known."

By that time Mara was already laughing with the rest of them.

No, she would never, ever live that down. And she even didn’t even care to. She had found her family.

*almost drops from the kitchen chair

Woah! I never had that coming with all the other revelations going on. A well-planted twist here! So the knowledge really stays with the family, ha, ha.

Gemma and Hazel like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL on the revelations related to Mara. She and Han clicked for more than one reason. Snark runs in the family. [face_mischief] Wonderful and fulfilling answers for both Luke and Mara. :)

19. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Well, Mara will never live that down. [face_laugh] I like how she also learned of her background. Did you ever write backstory on Mara's parents from this fic?

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Hazel like this.
  20. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I kept seeing the title and wondering which story this was of yours... until I read the summary. That one! Love that one!

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Hazel like this.
  21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    After I thought about R2 spying and recording those scenes that were in the DNT many of them didn't make sense. Why would R2 be up near the Veranda in the middle of the night and not recharging with 3PO swapping stories? Why was R2 at Padme's apartment when Obi-Wan came to visit instead of at the Jedi Temple? And for the love of the Force WHY did he just watch Anakin strangle Padme instead of beepng like crazy and try to stop it?? I could understand if he was in a building and had seen what happened on the landing platform but to just watch???

But at least they all know the truth.

AzureAngel2, Hazel and Nyota's Heart like this.
  22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    AzureAngel2 - Can you tell I love twists in stories [face_mischief]

Nyota's Heart - Thanks Ny! Sorry about the rant yesterday @};- [:D]

ginchy - I thought about it at the time, but never got around to it [face_thinking] Thanks for stopping by :)

Lady_Misty - ok... answers to your questions... #1 - R2 was probably sick pf listening to CPO; #2 - Maybe Anakin had asked him to watch Padmé; #4 & #5 - maybe Anakin was holding R2 down with the Force or R2 was just so shocked that his programing froze.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Between this, JadeLotus's marvelous "True Love" and ThreadSketch's "I'll come with You" - I've been overflowing! with L/M goodness [face_dancing] Ergo the exuberance LOL :*

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Such engaging reveals.

AzureAngel2, Hazel and Nyota's Heart like this.
  25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.