main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Whistling in the Dark?ESB AU?Luke/Mara?angst?vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by furrylittlebantha, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Ooooh, I really like that concept! The inbetween, the process of breaking. What a horrible thing to be trapt in. :( The optimistic (though admittedly foolish) part of me is hoping that he doesn't fall, that he finds the strength within himself to remain true to the light. But that's me lying to myself as surely as he lies to himself. :p

I just can't even imagine that feeling of despair. Kudos on such a wonderful portrayal!

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I love this vignette! Congrats, furry! [:D]

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Jedi_2B's Pendulum series was the first L/M fanfic I was exposed to, and I found myself influenced by her tone writing this. Her Luke is like you said, very serene and composed.

OMG, I influenced someone. :p LOL!

But I always think everyone else does a much better job writing than I do, and this little gem is no exception. Loved the twist where we think Luke is resisting, but Mara can tell that he's about to break. The imagery of his smell, his tone of voice, his gestures -- just perfect.

If you do continue this, could I get a PM? I don't venture to the Saga board often enough, and wouldn't want to miss it.

4. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    This was very nice. I'd love to see what happens next, even if this is a vignette. Does Luke fall? Die? Stay firm? And Vader "doesn't approve" of Luke's torture. That would make for an interesting side plot.

5. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Bri_Windstar: The inbetween places are the worst of all, I think. Yes, much as we'd hope to see Luke triumph, it's wishful thinking...Glad you enjoyed it!

Jade_Pilot: [:D]

Jedi_2B: Course you influenced someone. :) You wrote Pendulum. :D You're very kind! Thanks so much for commenting. I don't think I'll continue this in the near future, but if I do, you certainly can have an update PM!

jedipati: I'm not sure I'll ever write a sequel, simply because I don't think I could do the subject matter justice with the skill I have, but you're right. It would be intersting. Thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.