main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who Destroyed the New Jedi Academy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheReal_Rebel, Oct 18, 2017.

?

Who Destroyed the New Jedi Academy?

1. Kylo

78.5%
  2. Luke

4.3%
  3. Rey

9.7%
  4. Snoke

15.1%
  5. DJ

3.2%
  6. Someone or Something Else

8.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Kevin J. Anderson and Michael A. Stackpole.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They ruined good literature, and now they've ruined a good academy!

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  3. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    I have never, ever endorsed the burning of either books or buildings, but i can find it in my dark heart to make exceptions.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  4. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

ColdLazarou likes this.
  5. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I do have a theory that Snoke was the actual destroyer of the academy. Kylo was a distraction to Luke, and his participation in the attack was merely to get Luke away from the academy. It's just my version of an alternate theory to Kylo doing the deed, but I could easily work.

6. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens (dialogue from subtitles): “Han Solo: [Luke] was training a new generation of Jedi. One boy, an apprentice turned against him, destroyed it all. Luke felt responsible. He just walked away from everything.”

Star Wars: The Force Awakens – The Visual Dictionary: Kylo Ren entry. “Kylo Ren betrayed the other Jedi students studying with Master Luke Skywalker, and is responsible for their destruction. He has well earned the nickname ‘Jedi Killer,’ whispered in the First Order ranks, as it was his deadly lightsaber skills that prevented the return of the Jedi Order.”

Princess Leia: Royal Rebel: “Ben Solo was seduced by the dark side, and by the First Order – a military movement that opposed the New Republic and the Jedi. Leia’s son killed all the apprentices Luke had been training and left his uncle’s Jedi Temple in flames. Like his grandfather, he took a new name after turning to the dark side – Kylo Ren. Luke abandoned his quest to rebuild the Jedi Order and vanished.”

StarWars.com Databank: Kylo Ren entry. “A dark side warrior with a mysterious past, Kylo Ren was neither Jedi nor Sith, but a product of both sides’ teachings. Once an apprentice of Luke Skywalker’s, he killed his fellow students and drove Skywalker into exile, becoming a First Order warlord and servant of Supreme Leader Snoke. Kylo was determined to destroy the last remnants of the Jedi, fulfilling the legacy of Darth Vader.” Biography gallery. "Ben Solo, son of Han Solo and Leia Organa, was once a promising Jedi apprentice to his uncle Luke Skywalker. But under the influence of the mysterious Snoke, Ben rejected Luke’s teachings and killed his other students. A shaken Luke vanished into exile, while Ben donned a frightening mask patterned after the battle gear of the Knights of Ren." "Now calling himself Kylo Ren, he served the First Order’s Supreme Leader Snoke. Neither Jedi nor Sith, Kylo used the pain of his emotional conflict to fuel his extraordinary powers, and dedicated himself to destroying the last traces of the Jedi tradition."

7. The Scavenger

The Scavenger Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 22, 2017
    It's a trick question. Kylo Ren did not destroy it. Ben Solo did.

seattlemusicnerd likes this.
  8. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Kylo definitely. But I just want to know what planet the academy was located on lol...

oncafar likes this.
  9. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005

He stops a laser bolt and holds in mid-air while having a conversation. Could Obi-Wan do that?

10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Depends though. Might be that that is a specific skill he natural is great at and/or studied. Like if someone has a specific knowledge of the history of England in the Victorian era does not necessarily make them a massive history biff overall. In this case specifically being amazing with certain skills does not inherently indicate an overall higher skill level.

11. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Superman can spin the earth backwards but still needs both arms to lift a car. Super powers cannot be analyzed in a quantitative way.

EzraSnoke likes this.
  12. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Ponda Baba did it. At last, he has had his revenge.

13. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    I think.....it was c3p0.

14. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Yup, it's him!

[​IMG]

HispAnakin, Gigoran Monk and Krueger like this.
  15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    It wasn't me I can tell you that much :)

16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    It's a **** temple, not an academy. Title change, please.

17. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    How about Jedi High?

HispAnakin and Krueger like this.
  18. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    There are many Jedi temples, i.e Rebels, SW comics, I wanted to be clear that I was referring to where Luke was teaching New Jedi. Also you can’t change a thread title once posted.

That is all based on what was known from TFA.

It may turn out to be verified by TLJ.

But given Rian Johnson’s propensity in his films of flipping what we previously thought of a character when first introduced, I believe my speculation to be worthy of discussion.

I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me before, but if Ben did kill everyone, wouldn’t it likely to have happened after Leia’s being publically outed as Darth Vader’s daughter, as happens in Bloodline?

A fact, likely to have been hidden from Ben by his parents and Luke.

19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Kylo of course.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    I think that will what we're supposed to think, but not what actually happened. I think Luke will hold himself responsible.

21. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    not really, it is written in all fact files that Kylo is responsible. He had the dark side in him from the beginning.

22. The_Third_Man

The_Third_Man Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2014
    The TFA visual dictionary and databank at the official site make it more than clear it was Kylo. Why he destroyed it or if he had some type of assistance seem to be the only dangling threads.

23. MyOnlyHope

MyOnlyHope Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Ben Solo, but it wasn't a premeditated act like Anakin on Coruscant, and he did it alone. What happened has been left intentionally vague, there's more to the story, and it will be revealed in TLJ.

My best guess based on the trailer is that it was a sudden, uncontrollable and explosive outburst of raw, untamed power brought on by extreme rage and despair that Luke just didn't see coming (a big *** tantrum). Luke felt responsible because he wasn't as wary of his nephew's out of control and temperamental strength as he felt he should have been.

24. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    Some of the posts and arguments here make me :rolleyes:, people post actual Star Wars factual evidence that it was Kylo and people still want to believe their head canon. :oops:

nightangel likes this.