main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who did you book your flight with?????????

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I?m coming from Philly too. I decided I shouldn?t wait any longer because honestly as long as I didn?t have a plane ticket I wasn?t really going to C4 ? and that was beginning to bother me! So after a little grumbling because I was hoping to find that dream fare, I went ahead and bought a round trip ticket from the US Airways website for $416. It is done; I?ve got a ticket to ride!

2. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    They are killing those of us on the East Coast apparently. I used to fly EWR to LAX for like 250 R/T.

3. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    The only reason I'm no longer cringing is because this is the once in a lifetime 30th anniversary celebration of Star Wars. Anything else and I'd still be looking for my lost mind. :confused:

4. Doctor_Evil

Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    I suggest http://www.kayak.com/ . They cross reference all the clearinghouse sites as well as the Airlines own sites. saves lots of time and even shows you a little graph on how prices have trended the last several months.

-Al

5. darthgator69

darthgator69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    $746.40 (238.80 each rt ticket) for 3 round trip tickets from Jacksonville to LAX non stop both ways on Delta purchased through Travelocity. These same tickets were $1146.00 when I first looked 2 weeks ago so when I looked Monday I jumped at the deal. Just looked again this morning at same site and this same flight was back up to the $1146.00 price for 3. Long story short.....be patient and keep an eye out for flights that are not filling up.

6. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Finally was able to book a flight with Air New Zealand, $1800 return from Aust to LAX

7. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Holy Crap Woppo...$1800...and I was complaining about $300, wow, i am shutting up right now...lol

8. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    but I do get a place to sleep for the night and a couple of meals and get to watch tv and movies and free grog

9. NabooPop

NabooPop Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2000
    The Force is strong with you woppo - had a friend do one of those 14-hour nonstops and he said he isn't in any hurry to do it again!

10. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    I have been to usa twice before and have done the 14+ hours flights 4 times, but this time it is broken up into a 3.5 hours flight and a 10 hour flight, so not so bad this time.

11. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Well that is a little better. And better still if you can sleep on the plane. ;)

12. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    I wont sleep on the plane, just cant seem to beable to sleep

13. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Me neither, one reason I hate the idea of those long flights. East coast US to Europe is about the most I can tolerate.

14. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    My flight should take around 11 hours from london to LA by what my ticket says. I should get to the holiday inn at around 7:15 on the 18th may so I shall be calling my friend in san diego first of all then diving straight into the resturant. :D

15. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    Im just glad im not a smoker...just imagine 15 hours of no smoking

16. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Pray you don't get seated near unhappy young children. 10 hours is a long time to experience someone else's temper tantrum. :)

17. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I dont know for sure but I cannot imagine people with little kids taking direct flights from london to LA on a 11 hour flight, I wouldnt do it.

18. NabooPop

Jun 19, 2000
    Put this in at Google: "children on long flights". I got 4,190,000 hits. ;)

19. woppo

Sep 30, 2004
    Dream on ;)

20. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    YEEHAW...

I finally got some great flights at a very inexpensive price.

For 3 round-trip tickets from PIT to LAX I paid $688.80. That is only $229.00 per person.

This is for DELTA Airlines AND their ticket prices should be the same for the next few days, so if you need inexpensive airfare, they seem to be the airline to choose.

NOW I CAN REST ASSURE THAT I FINALLY HAVE TICKETS.

I cant wait to see all of you at the Convention...THIS IS GONNA ROCK!!!

=D= [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Finally got my second ticket - only 124$ for the return flight for a total of 239$ total!

*is VERY happy*

22. TanSei

TanSei Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Air France from Helsinki. Stop over in Paris. I am a little afraid that the plane is going to be Imperial in size. I mean it flies from LA to Paris nonstop. I hate big planes. When they take off your logic is screaming that this thing will never fly and when the planes rev on the take off lane, the whole bucket starts shaking so that you can just imagine the bolts and screws flying...:eek:

23. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, you're traveling on a 777 -- that's a "heavy" a widebody. Big plane. Just stay out of rows 7, 11, 23, 31, 35 or 48 and you'll be fine (majority of the seats in those particular rows are uncomfortable due to tray position, legroom, etcetera).

24. TanSei

TanSei Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Thanks for the tip! The trip is long enough without it being unduly uncomfortable.

25. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    You might also want to stay out of rows 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 for obvious reasons. [face_mischief]

Or maybe just make sure your flight number isn't 815.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.