main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who did you meet at C4?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grimby , May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    And he said it was his arthritis acting up. Likely story... likely story.

2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    I don't remember many names, but I met two Georges (one in line and one that was almost a dead ringer for GL), a few MySpace pals, Miana, Obi-Shawn, an EXCELLENT Obi-Wan named Barry, a LOT of fellow Jedi, several stormtroopers, a few Fetts, and a couiple fellow FanForcers (who I don't remember now!)

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Met Kristen Bell, Seth Green, Bruce Spence, Ray Park, Steve Sansweet, Aaron Allston (who I bumped into at the Hasbro booth), and Hans Jenssen.

4. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    I met some fellow costumers but very breifly! Because the LA con was SO BIG, I never even met the people from my own city staying at the same hotel!

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Funny, I didn't see many fellow TF.N board members at all wearing their official TF.N name badge. I met all of the actors/actresses that I wanted to, and I took great pics with John Knoll, Dennis Muren, Steve Sansweet, Mary Franklin, Dustin Roberts, and Jay Shepard.

But I was really hoping to meet lots of fellow TF.N board members. Bummer. [face_plain]

6. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin....Me and the hubby were on the lookout for you and your wife, as well as some others I have been conversing with daily on the boards. I only ran into a very few...

Unfortunately...our badges were either stolen or got lost in transit. When we got home on Saturday I unpacked all the luggage and went through all my stuff and could not find them, so I have not a clue where they went. However, I did wear my Vader Badge up high so that board members could see me. I did meet a few, including Grog Starkiller, but noone else. I was sad too that I did not meet more.

Oh well, maybe at the next Con we can work something out...better than the hits and misses!!!

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Three words:

Fan Force Table.

We had so many people coming past that by Saturday we started just leaving a sign as to where to meet up for evening events as we got sick of saying it so often.

8. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    After putting a lot of effort configuring our Fanforce badges and then taking the file to Officemax to get printed & laminated, my husband and I totally forgot to punch a hole through the badges. So we ended up not wearing them at all at the convention. We both wore our Rebelscum badges in addition to our CIV, Ewok Landscaping, OPX volunteer, and Droid Hunt badges. Oh well, maybe next time. :)

9. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Clearly I made a mistake only sticking round the Pacific Region.

10. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    I wore my badge and actually while I was in line two fellow fanforcers saw it and showed me theirs.

wait. that doesn't sound quite right.

11. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Who did I meet? I am so bad with names/screennames! I like the idea of having folks you meet sign your badge. Would sure make it easier to respond to a thread like this! So would more pictures in our profiles. I keep clicking on all of your profiles and many do not have photos! I just added a photo to mine ? finally ? after seven years here on the boards! I need to display my TFN badge more clearly the next time or put the image on both sides next time so more folks see it! So much to do! So much to do!

OK, on to the list:

In the Super Shuttle ride from LAX to downtown, I met Rick from the 501st. Later on, I met Joy ? Clone Trooper and Sith Cheerleader. The folks in line opening day were awesome ? I just wish I remember their names! We got an awesome spot under the overpass in the shade. Punk Leia (Christine) was a hoot! I hope she starts posting here!

At the Fig, I fondly remember meeting fellow TFN-folk Darth Breezy (for the second time ? we first met at C3 at TGIFs) and JayTee-Erricck in the lobby restaurant. JayTee was so nice to remind us of the Rebel Legion photo shoot! Thank Matt, Ed, and everyone else who let us join the shoot! Oh the shoot! I loved meeting everyone and cannot wait to start posting on the RL boards! I also remember meeting lots of folks in the lobby sitting area of the Fig ? one night we all stayed up real late and just talked and talked on the funny circular chair infront of the front desk. In the Fig bar, I met Terry (Silver Owl) the Official Pix manager. Such a cool guy and devoted volunteer!

At the con, I met Mr. Skinnee in either the Anthony Daniels or Carrie Fisher line and JedHead1 and AnasianSkywalker in the autograph area (two other super OP volunteers that I met at C3 in the Marriott Courtyard lobby). I also met Gary ? a stormtrooper from the 501st in line for Carrie Fisher and another Gary (a theater director from LA) at the Galaxy Court late one night. We talked for along time!

I remember Becca and lots of other costumed folk from the RL in the LACC lobby after the 501st shoot. I met the founder of the Jedi Assembly - Tanthos Jorlac - and his wonderful family.

Gosh, I could go on and on...but this is now my longest post ever on TFN and its time for bed!

Lufta Shif

12. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I will show you mine if you show me yours Lovelucas...lol.

I was upset that our was either stolen or lost. We put alot of effort into them as well, I even paid $2.00 a piece to have those puppies really laminated with the heavy bond too. Oh well, hope we can weat them to another Con, if we go to one this year!!!

13. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    That's a bummer that your badges are gone, Amidala. Did folks sign them? That is such a good idea that I will have to remember for next time.

14. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    No, we lost them in transit or somewhere...the zipper to our luggage was open when we got it, so our guess is anything could have happened to them. So, noone signed them thank goodness...but we did get the Vader Chest Box Badges signed by Prowse on one and Lloyd on the other, now all we need is Hayden's. I will have to post the pics...

It is nice to see you active back on the boards Lufta...we missed you there for a while!!!

15. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Yes, things got crazy in the weeks before I left for C4. I had no time to food shop, let alone posting/lurking here. It is good to be back! :D

Lufta Shif

16. Kasey_Atol

Kasey_Atol Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2007
    I'm pretty bad with names as well, but the guys I roomed with volunteered with Official Pix (which I think I'm going to sign up to do next Celebration). We had the great privledge of one of them sitting with Mike Kingma (Tarful) and ended up going out with Mike all night. Crashed the 501st party and I know I met a lot of people that night at the event and the bar downstairs. The problem is alot about that night and who everyone was that i met is a bit of a blurr. Sorry!!

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I don't think it had too much to do with being tired of saying "come to teh Fig!!!" More like boredom and a desire to pretend we were posting on the JC. Internet withdrawal is a beehatch. :p

18. DarthGDawg

DarthGDawg Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2007
    I met Sam from NY and Seth MacFarlane...
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Star%20Wars%20Celebration%20IV/StarWarsIV049.jpg]
    Also R2...
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Gregdog/Star%20Wars%20Celebration%20IV/StarWarsIV025.jpg]

19. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    I do not post much on the boards, have little time for such luxuries. However,living in the Bay Area and attending few of the cons per year,we are lucky to meet some of these celebrities all the time or see them here in the Bay Area during the book signings, appearances and tours. We are a bit spoiled that way here living so close to Lucas Land.
    I went to C4 to meet some of my costumers, whom I have made costumes for, for this event and the Celebration Europe event.
    "It was really nice meeting you all and especially thanks to Lauren; Solari-Weilder for winning the first place in my costume." You looked amazing. It was nice meeting you. Thanks, it made the whole trip worth while, especially since I did not want to attend in the first place because I was too tired filling the last minute orders. Matt Tollosa nagged at me for awhile along with some of the other fellows and I finally booked my flight. I am glad I have changed my mind.
    Thanks to Kay-Dee for sending me great pictures. I have missed the costume contest,my flight was delayed because of power outage in LAX that morning.
    Also, The Anakins and Obis, guys you make my costumes look great, my designer Jedi.=D=

20. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Since most of the people who came by and didn't know about FF were local, I sent a lot of them over to your table, but ours was definitely the more happening one. :p

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah. As cool as it was to have my own table (and Associate's badge FTW), C5? One table. :p

22. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    What about just getting the two tables next to one another? Wasn't that what SDFF did last Comic-con?

23. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, I agree. They should have at least let us group our tables together.

In fact, dare I suggest this for fear of being too logical, but I think it would make the most sense if the tables were sorted by purpose of the club. So costuming groups should all be in one place, FF-style meetup groups in another, etc.

24. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Pfff [face_talk_hand] logic at a SW con, you got to be kidding.

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm with Grant. Anyway... If you need more space, just take over the table next to you if it's empty. Worked for me on Sunday with the FF table. [face_laugh]

Or then again, just take it over even if it's not empty! [face_devil]

I'm kidding... I'm kidding.

Wait... No I'm not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.