main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who did you meet there?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediTrilobite, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Dammit, Joe, you gotta stop doin' that.
    :_|

I actually saw you a couple times Fate...

I had no idea I met you, or that you were in that line, were you with NaboosPrincess/Jello/EV? or did you come up and introduce yourself?? I'm sorry!
    I was all alone. I spotted the TFN badge that Tracy was wearing and recognized her from photos. When I passed by the group in line, the rest left (I think to go to the bathroom). I ended up meeting Droideka, Jeff and Amazing, but I don't think they knew who I was. Then later again... but it was just a case of bad timing, nothing else.

2. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Errant, if he was in the C3 Store line with Yodeka and B and me, then he was in it with you.

Ah, thanks Leonard. I wish someone had introduced all of you but I only ended up talking to Sith Wench and the Satimbers.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Yes, but also Fate, we were 20ish people ahead of you Friday morning when we waited in line to get inside the convention center. ;)

4. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    Well if it was the store line, I do recall 2 people playing some kind of game on the floor. . . And I think I recall someone laying down in that line as it wasn't moving anywhere.

Wait. There was one person who was trying to get some sleep on Friday morning in line. Was that you?

No, no. I wasn't really doing anything... I spotted you while we were waiting in the C3 store line... you were sitting on the ground reading, I believe it was one of the X-wing books... I spotted your nametag and thought about saying hi, but you looked intent on the reading, so I thought I'd not bother you. There wasn't anything too incredibly distinguishing about me...

I'm not sure about the C3 store line, but he was the dude that was passed out on the floor when you guys were speakin' with us guys.
    I'm gonna be forever remembered as 'that guy passed out on the floor' aren't I? *sigh*

Yes, but also Fate, we were 20ish people ahead of you Friday morning when we waited in line to get inside the convention center
    Yeah, I saw you ahead of them... I spotted you right after I introduced myself to that trio... it was only one row before we got to the actual registers... God what a pain that was. I wish that I had at least had some company. :_| During that time my mother was busy hanging out with Rick McCallum blast it!

Oh yeah, also that Seamus Finnigan kid from Harry Potter. I had a very interesting chase scene involving him, a photo shoot with Han/Chewie and a hot slave Leia, and a near crash with Richard Le...par...guy who played Admiral Motti.

5. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    dude, now you're creeping me out, why'd you keep watching us and never say anything?

6. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    " :_| "

:*

"Ah, thanks Leonard. I wish someone had introduced all of you but I only ended up talking to Sith Wench and the Satimbers."

I think that Tracy introduced you guys, but before anyone could really introduce any of us, Paul started to do his thing, so alot of us were just bystanders. :p

Otherwise, I would've introduced myself. You couldn't miss me, anyways...as I was the crazy-looking Jesus-esque dude with the Pabst baseball jersey on. ;)

EDIT: "I'm gonna be forever remembered as 'that guy passed out on the floor' aren't I? *sigh*"

Pretty much, yep. :)

7. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    dude, now you're creeping me out, why'd you keep watching us and never say anything?
    :_|I was just trying to be polite! I said something to D27/B/Jeff, the rest of you were gone! Venture was busy! Later I was just waking up! Its not my fault its not my fault! I'm not creepy! Okay, except when I was stalking Seamus Finnigan, I'll admit, I was actually a little creepy then.

Also, its not like you all really know me... I doubt prior to this you've ever seen my posts... I thought it might be a little weird introducing myself to people who wouldn't have a clue as to who I was... like it was with Tracy and them. I just figured I'd keep to myself.

8. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    You're creepin' me out, Joe...

9. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    While it seemed that nobody at the Embassay would talk to us :( we did meet lots of other folks. Unfortunately I'm even worse w/ screen names than real names, so I probably don't remember everyone well:
    Mr. Skinnie, KOB, E and E's mom, who welcomed us to the table at Jillians, also met Grimby, JamesVader, Glymmer and Ignant, Captian Typho, IEatPoodoo and many others that night. Sarka and Lord John from Chattanooga (hey guys, you need to road trip to KC sometime!) The folks from line Thursday morning (Angie from KS, not sure if she has a s/n) and the couple from Tennessee who dressed as snake siths. Oops, lest I forget the folks from working the FF table: finally met our RSA J_Dajuan, and Hama, and many others; and a lot of REALLY cold people from the line Saturday morning, though I think we were too cold to worry about formalities like names).

Guess now we're just waiting to actually make someone's list...

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Mah Gawd! I was reading an X-Wing book. . . The Bacta War to be exact. Thats really freaky that you knew who I was, what I was reading and other things and didn't say anything. :p Its cool though, at least you know who I am, though I can't really recall you. :(

11. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Well, I met Timothy Zahn and Aaron Allston. I went to the Continuity, New Book Series, and Zahn/Outbound Flight panels (asked two questions in the Zahn panel, my first about what made him think of Luke/Mara as a good couple and the other about a Karrde book). After the Continuity panel, I went up to the dais and presented Mr. Zahn with a R2-Detroit shirt and certificate stating my sponsorship for him as an honorary member. He graciously signed my Heir and posed for a picture with the shirt. I then approached Mr. Allston, who is a friggin' comedic machine and got him to sign Wraith Squadron. On Sunday, while wandering the streets, I passed by Orli and Mary and then Zach and Amy doing the same.

On the more normal level, heh, I stood by as my chapter rep chatted with Jedi Dajuan. We had a bunch of 501st'ers in our Embassy Suite room, but most of them were the ones we already hung out with heh. I also met up with my former Master, Maulfly, her husband Grand Admiral Strife, as well as Jedi Satimber and his wife.

12. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    Mah Gawd! I was reading an X-Wing book. . . The Bacta War to be exact. Thats really freaky that you knew who I was, what I was reading and other things and didn't say anything. Its cool though, at least you know who I am, though I can't really recall you.
    I only noticed because of your badge with your user name on it. Kinda easy to recognize when you're wearing a name tag.

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Oh yeah, I saw JawaJames as well...

14. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i was in the alternate dimension of C3 and saw, literally, no one w/ a badge from here (i was mainly looking for this badge) and tried to read other badges if i saw them. the only person i spoke w/ was brokenyolk (hi! ^_^) in the c3 store line on sat. morning, so that was cool. i recall as i was walking down a hallway at some point seeing a girl in an x-wing pilot uniform and recognized the name mirax80 on a badge she was wearing (didn't speak to her, just took note). other than that i saw among a crowd of people the back of some guy's tshirt that read something like "theforce.net's jedi council forums" on it.

i was kinda sad about it last night and this morning when i was packing my stuff to head back home. :(

even though there aren't a lot of people i speak w/ here, it would've been cool to meet others that come here. i did also get to hang out w/ a couple of friends i made back at c2 (lordjedi and shara). oh! and lordjedi was w/ someone from the jc...bobafett mp, i believe he said? so i met him too.

15. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    other than that i saw among a crowd of people the back of some guy's tshirt that read something like "theforce.net's jedi council forums" on it.

I saw that person too! I was in the volunteer area either waiting to be assigned or I was waiting for the opening ceremonies. I can't remember, but I couldn't run and catch the person... I can't move fast in my armor. ;)

16. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Heh, I found that I could when running to find the 501st picture. I practually sprinted.

17. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Sorry, Night. I meant to put you in my edited list, but I'm still fried from the weekend. :p

You were a right scrawny li'l bastard! ;)

jk :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

18. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    You were a right scrawny li'l bastard!

[face_laugh]

¤Night

19. Lieutenant_WesJanson

Lieutenant_WesJanson Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Well, here's my list:

Connemara
    Eva_Pilot04
    Night4554
    Saint_of_Killers
    Errant_Venture
    Rebecca191
    Jedi_Dajuan
    Kyle_Katarn
    The2ndQuest
    Sithman

I had a great time meeting you guys. :)

I think that I'm not forgetting anyone. It's kind of a short list, I really wish I had gotten to meet more of you. Some on that list I only saw briefly too.

20. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It was good meeting you too, Wes. Also, there isn't an underscore in my name. I'm one of the few remaining names without one.

21. Lieutenant_WesJanson

Feb 2, 2002
    Ahh, my bad. I should have remembered, since I think you briefly brought it up when we were talking. That's pretty sweet. :D

22. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I probably saw many of you. I would know you better by costume discription, but alas you wouldn't know me because I was rather inconspicous with my Teaser Trailor shirt. I hung oout with that Retro-seventies stormtrooper guy for a while before the one man Star Wars... other than that . . its hard to say

I had a great time, but if I do a convention this big again, I will definatly want to go with someone. It was a last minute deal for me so no time for invitations. So fun but kinda lonesome :)

23. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I know I'll forget people, but off the top of my head:

OBIX1 (first JCer I met at C3, at Barnes & Noble on Wed)
    MrSkinee
    Sithman
    2ndQuest
    Errant_Venture
    Night4554
    AmazingB
    FateNaberrie
    carmenite42
    Darth_Ignant
    Connemara
    Jedi_Dajuan
    Saint_of_Killers
    Darth_Glymmer
    droideka27
    Jedi_Knight_Birr
    Darth_Breezy
    Obi Anne
    Lieutenant_WesJanson

People I'd met before (and where) but saw again:
    Hama (Dragon*Con '04)
    JarJarJedi (C2)
    Obi Wannabe (C2)
    Grimby The Hutt (C2)
    Nabooty_Call (Dragon*Con '04)
    Lady_Jedi_Carenix (Phoenix '02)
    trianiigirl (Dragon*Con '04)
    -Tenel-Ka- (Dragon*Con '04)
    Woofer (Dragon*Con '04)
    Naboos Princess (Minnesota '04)
    mandalore1 (C2 and Dragon*Con '04)
    darth hair (C2)
    darth jar jar (C2)
    SITH_GIRL (C2)
    Ultimez (C2)
    Zoo (Minnesota '02/03?)

Eva_Pilot04: Were you at Jillians? Because I'm drawing a blank... [face_blush]

Lieutenant_WesJanson: Are you the Lt. Wes Janson I met at the FanForce/501st/RL party on Friday? Because there are a couple of people on the boards with a similar name... :confused:

Thank you to everyone who signed my book. [face_love] [:D] I need to find that as I'm sure I missed some people... :p

24. Lieutenant_WesJanson

Feb 2, 2002
    Yes that's me. :) I was just about to say that I forgot to mention you in my list. It was nice to meet another U2 fan. ;)

25. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    That's what I thought. Woot for U2... and we weren' their only fans there, as we both saw the guy with the Vertigo '05 shirt. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.