main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you hope Fulcrum is then? (poll)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 17, 2014.

?

?

1. Bail

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Ahsoka

50 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. Mon Mothma

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. Leia

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. Other movie character

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Other TCW character

12 vote(s)
    11.7%
  7. Major EU character

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. Not-so-major EU character

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Really obscure EU character

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. Any other response (please specify)

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    We know they were vocal against the Empire and that the Empire came for them at one point. However, there's obviously more to their story than what the episodes so far are telling us.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Can you give me a reason why its Leia because I don't see any feasible reason she is 14 or 15 at this point. Bail maybe leia no.

jcgoble3 said:
    Jax_the_Admiral said:
    I doubt its a new character unless its Ezra's father or mother.​
    That would be quite a twist. Do we have any evidence to support or refute that possibility?​
    We know they were vocal against the Empire and that the Empire came for them at one point. However, there's obviously more to their story than what the episodes so far are telling us.​

We also no they are probably died.

3. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm not so sure. Something more happened with them. Their ultimate fate is still a mystery. Without spoiling anything, the episode Gathering Forces alludes that there's more to this story. Call it a hunch, but I think they're still alive.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I hope they are it would be interesting to see and Ezra's reaction.
    Also they could get killed by stormtroopers.

5. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    Ezra is gonna go full dark side if that happens. Just imagine that. You find out your parents, who you've accepted have probably died a horrible death, are still alive after you have spent almost seven years alone fending for yourself. You see them gleefully at last only for them to be executed by the Inquisitor. Hell, that would instantly make him more relatable than Darth Vader.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

And that would add another dark thing to the show for all the haters.

Jax_the_Admiral likes this.
  7. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I hope it's Bail because it makes the most sense IMO.

As for who I think it is my list, from most to least likely, would probably go:

Bail
    Mon Mothma
    Leia
    Someone entirely new
    Ahsoka

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I think it is one out of three:

1. Senator in Exile Trayviss. Because I think Fulcrum sounds an awful lot like Brent "Data" Spiner, who voices Trayviss. Also, when Trayviss first appeared and Ezra asked who it was, Hera was very quick to explain what a good guy he is. Maybe because she knows him?
    Of course, a lot of people here seems to think Trayviss is a bad guy. That makes sense, and maybe Fulcrum is too?

2. Ezra's parents (or one of them at least). Because it makes sense from a story-perspective ("Mom! Dad! You're not dead!" - simple storytelling methods). Also, Minor Spoiler for Gathering Forces:
    Sabine has been bugging Hera to see Fulcrum, but Hera doesn't allow it. Sabine fixes the old data card, and sees what Ezra's parents look like - the first of the gang (except Ezra of course) to do so. Had she been allowed to see Fulcrum, she would have recognized him/her immediately when seeing the holo of Ezra's parents.

3. Ahsoka. A pitched up Brent Spiner ( :p ) sounds a lot like Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka. Also, Filoni would probably want her to be an important part in the founding of the Rebel Alliance.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni has to realize Ashoka needs to go.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Well, if we had a pizza pie like fraction graph, nearly half the people in this poll if we get one more vote think Fulcrum is Ahsoka.

11. Jedi Knight Bane

Jedi Knight Bane Jedi Master star 1

Feb 21, 2014
    I would have to say its Bail or Ashoka but I am more sure its Bail.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think it will be Mon or Ahsoka but I want it to be Bail.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  14. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    I heard it at least 20 times and it has to obviously be Ahsoka.

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the sound analysis. That sort of thing is heavily prone to confirmation bias - if you go in trying to hear Ahsoka you're probably going to hear Ahsoka.

16. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    But it is Ahsoka. Even the sound marks from 40 to 47 seconds kind of show that.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    So that one speaking against the Empire is Brent? I wondered it sure does sound like him! :D

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    ...Is there a joke I'm missing?

19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
  20. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Right. Well; I'm still confused.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I am seeking clarity on who does the voice of the Senator/Imperial that speaks against the Empire it does indeed sound like Brent Spiner but I do not know for certain if it is him.

22. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    My new hunch is that Fulcrum may be Dash Rendar and Leebo. It would be a neat way to fit them back into canon.

This has probably been said somewhere already, but apparently The Fulcrum already existed in Legends material. In one such instance, Dash met someone named Javul Charn and during one of their exchanges Charn spoke of a 'holy text' belonging to the Religion of the Cosmic Balance. According to Wiki that text was known as The Fulcrum.

Since Legends is being 'mined', perhaps, this is another instance of certain elements having been intricately weaved together in creative new ways.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

You are right it is Brent voicing the Senator. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brent_Spiner

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Awesomeness, thanks for the confirmation, Fett. :)

25. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    This, this, very much this.

You could play with the timbre until it sounds like anyone or anything. It would take some sort of DSP coding genius to un-distort it, not just pitch shifting (which is only adding more information/distortion)... There's clearly a few layers of modulated frequency shifting and subtractive filtering going on, as well as AM stuff, I suppose an FFT analysis could reveal those patterns, but simply adding the inverse effect might not be very useful unless you know how the original effects were routed and callibrated. It would probably be quicker to just wait for the plot to reveal itself.

Jedi Knight Fett and jcgoble3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.