main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Who do you want to appear in the Kenobi show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 11, 2020.

1. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    What about Obi-Wan and pre-ANH Alderaan?

Rey and Leia share the same jedi journey, and Hidden Fortress was about Yuki (Leia/Rey) and general Rokurota (Obi-Wan).

Rey Kenobi was a thing at some point, and Obi-Wan's FG is both young(er) and old in the ST. In fact, the younger voice is as old as 2020 Ewan McGregor. As if Obi-Wan>Luke[>Ben/Kylo] had not erased the Obi-Wan>Leia[>Rey], or Obi-Wan>Luke&Leia possibility that could have been. Leia left the training after ROTJ, and pre-ANH Obi-Wan...what?

This is Snoke assuming correctly about Luke Skywalker and Rey Skywalker without knowing it:
    If Rey and Leia share the same journey, what about Palpatine's 'the princess of Alderaan has disrupted my plan'? What about Leia's 'binary' ring?

Luke would have been an Alderaanian prince and a jedi in other circumstances. Yuki was a princess in Kurosawa's film. There's also the Rey/Anastasia -again, royalty- connection...in Disney terms, Leia seems to be a fairy (=jedi) godmother kind of figure to Rey

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  2. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Either Adrien Brody or Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Bo Shek.
    He smuggles Obi-Wan around the galaxy.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  3. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I would say Rey's grandmother, but I guess that's not really funny anymore. [face_rofl]

No, but, and I've seen it mentioned a couple of times, and given "The Marshal" episode of The Mandalorian and the use of Tusken Raiders, a character like Sharad Hett could be interesting.

Other than that, young Luke of course, and Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

Bail Organa and Breha Organa. Young Leia. I just want to see Alderran. Not everything has to take place on Tatooine. Mon Mothma.

Aurra Sing would obviously be cool. Depending on when the Obi-Wan series takes place, or say Beckett lied so it wouldn't matter. Either way works for me. Coming up with a villain is going to be hard for this series, so who knows what they have in mind, if they're even going to have one.

Darth Vader and Tarkin, naturally. And do the same thing they did with Tarkin in Rogue One. Yes, it looked creepy. That's perfect. And they never see or know of Obi-Wan, of course. Just check in to see what they're up to.

Pretty much nothing but safe picks. Nothing crazy. And this is already going to be my most favorite thing in Star Wars because Ewan's Obi-Wan is my favorite character, so whatever they do will be fine.

EDIT: I guess "Marshal" has one L.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    I still think there’s no chance of it happening but seeing the tuskens in episode 9 of the mandalorian really fueled my hopes for an A’Sharadd Hett appearance in Kenobi

5. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I'm not 100% on this, but I think it takes place about 10 years after the events of ROTS. Which I believe would put it about 2 years after the events of Solo. But again, I'm not completely positive.

If they have Vader and Tarkin, neither can have any indication of, or contact with Kenobi. Showing them in a cutaway to give us a glimpse of what is going on with the Empire is fine, but not in a situation where they encounter Obi-Wan, or are alerted to his presence in any way.

Riv_Shiel and Master Cado Afu like this.
  6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think it was said to be 8 years after ROTS.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  7. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I think Obi-Wan and Vader can meet still. Vader knew Obi-Wan was alive after Mustafar and would never have just let that dangling thread go for twenty years. He would have pursued him and wanted revenge. Tarkin thought Obi-Wan was dead. So something must have happened between RotS and ANH to make Vader/Palpatine stop looking and the general belief that Obi-Wan was dead.

Vader's lines in ANH "I sense something, a presence I haven't felt since..." and "When I left you, I was but the learner..." doesn't have to mean Mustafar. Plus on Mustafar, Obi-Wan was still pretty much "You were my brother!" as opposed to ANH where he was very "Only a master of evil, 'Darth'".

And in RotS, Obi-Wan and Yoda think Vader is dead. They have no idea about suit-Vader yet. They knew the name from the security footage, so eventually as news traveled about a Vader roaming around the galaxy, they would have figured it out. Perhaps both Yoda and Obi-Wan discovering Vader was alive and Vader's own pursuit of Obi-Wan leads to their crossing each other one more time to establish the ANH attitudes they have for one another: Obi-Wan without a doubt that Vader is evil and Vader being calm and in control of his rage. No more "I haaate youuuu!!!"

Then there's also "Obi-Wan once thought as you did" to Luke. Huh? When was that? This was in the context of Luke asserting that there was still good in him. That means Obi-Wan had to have attempted to convince Vader to be good again. He definitely didn't try to do that on Mustafar.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020