main
side
curve

Who do you want to see at Celebration IV most

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    All I wanna see is the big man George!

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Trust me, you're not missing anything.

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    WHAT...George is awesome to see.

I would love to see him again, he may have only gave me 20 minutes of his time, but dang thats 20 more minutes than Joe Schmoe who tries to get a meeting with him, and I am just a fan!!!

I found him to be a really nice guy and as genuine as they get!!!

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, let's not bash George here. I have friends that work for him who will tell you that he's an incredibly kind man and very easy to work for.

5. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    If I feel that seeing George Lucas at a Q&A isn't anything to write home about, then that is my opinion. Last time I checked, these forums were loaded with opinions. If I am not mistaken most people, with airfare, CIII tickets and hotel spent a lot of time and money waiting for that 20 minutes of nothing.

Nobody is bashing Lucas. I just said you're not missing anything. If anyone has friends that work for Lucas and your friends think he's wonderful. That's great. I personally don't think too highly of him. Again, this is my opinion. Not once did I bash him.

6. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    See, that's where you and I differ. I don't have a problem criticizing a person's body of work, or saying you don't like the way they make their movies or write their books. But when you start engaging in personalities, that's where I think the line needs to be drawn.

And I'm using the word "bash" in its broadest pejorative sense.

7. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Well first of all I think we differ in countless ways. I said nothing about his personality either. I just said "you're not missing anything." My opinion. Can we please end this now?

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Of course.

9. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    I was at a great Star Wars convention in Newport, Wales UK last year and during the Q&A one of the actors said that George was incredibly gracious and a pleasure to work for. I like hearing the old original rumors about GL being sour but its all just spread around by certain disgruntled actors who werent satisfied about something or other. Its probably a money issue... GL is known to pay bottom dollar! They shouldnt have taken the job then should they. :)

Dan

10. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I was excited to see Lucas at CIII but walked away feeling "that was it?" I got lucky and walked right in during the 1st session without having to wait but I met people who spent 10 hours in line just to see him for 20 minutes. That's ridiculous. Sure it was nice of him to show but he certainly could have spent more then just 20 minutes for 3 sessions. To me, that's not a way to respect of such dedicated fans. In the session I was in only 7 or 8 people out of several hundred got to ask a question. Blah!!!

11. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    OH, I agree, 20 minutes was very minimal for all the people who stood in lines for hours the night before. However, lets be reasonable here...

Have you ever heard of Steven Speilberg, James Camron or any other director/producer give any time whatsoever to their fans? I would say a BIG NO, there. I am not saying we should glorify George or kiss him feet because he gave us 20 mintues of heaven, I am just saying at least he gave us something.

I certainly hope he comes to C4. I mean it is not far from his home nor the ranch, so I think he could dedicate a few hours to us humble fans. I think it would be very big of him to show up his competitors!!!

GEORGE ALL THE WAY
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Do they have conventions for any of Camron's films or Speilbergs for that matter?

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife and I were two of those people standing outside in the rain and cold for hours to see Lucas. In fact, my wife was the person who came up with the numbering system that was written on everybody's hand with black Sharpie marker when they let us indoors for a few hours. That weay we could all get back in line in the same order once we had to go back outside.

After about 5 hours on line, and being soaked to the bone with our teeth chattering away, we decided to leave the line and say the heck with it. Listening to Lucas for 20 minutes was not worth us getting pneumonia.

Would we have waited if the weather was better? Probably, especially since we never mind standing on long SW lines. But not in that nasty cold and rain - it just wasn't worth it to us.

14. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    No, they do not have conventions, but when asked to sign autographs in public they always turn people down. It was all over Entertainment tonight a few weeks ago how Cameron shoved a fan for just asking for his autograph since he was doing that Tomb of Jesus thingy.

We did not stand in line, we had friends standing in line for us. I was prego at the time and had my 1 year old with me. Then the next morning, we tried to get in and they denied us. I gave up a hellish fight telling them to look at me and tell me I could have stood in line. We waited for about 30 mintues in the building when a guy came up to me and handed us the golden wrist bands. I woulda been ticked if I did not get to see him, because there were no stated rules that you could not have someone stand in for you!

So sorry to hear you did not see him Justin. I actually had tears in my eyes, what a freak I am. There were only a few times in my life when I cried or teared in joy...My wedding day, my kids births, seeing the castle at disney world and George. I am such a wimp...lol.

Love ya guys!!!

15. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    What pissed me off the most was the irresponsible parents that had baby's in strollers out in that cold wet mess for hours. Unlike adults, baby's are smaller and can get cold a lot easier than adults.

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I guess it would be kinda bad to say some of us went in and they still had wristbands/room for the second show... and even after they closed the doors there was still room....

17. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I had the BEST time waiting in line to see Lucas. I got in line at 4 am. They let everyone in the building at five or six. Then we waited another hour to get up to the ballroom. But it was freakin fun. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Besides, I got an aisle seat in the Lucas talk so I saw everything. He Hee.

18. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    When I met Uncle George at a comic shop a couple years ago, he was the nicest guy and not at all stuck up or anything. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck! But I did manage to politely ask for an autograph, thank him for Star Wars, and we actually talked about the progress of Episode III. I wish I had a camera, though. :oops: I saw him again shortly after CIII at the ROTS premiere in San Francisco, and now that our Fan Force has meetings at Lucasfilm in the summer, hopefully I'll see him again. [face_praying]

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Hold the phone. Lucas was at a comic shop signing autographs but he only spent 60 minutes at a convention for his own film? That makes no sense. When was he at a comic shop?

20. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    [face_thinking] Yeah, somethings funky about this one.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Why not at a comic shop? I mean, George does occasionally venture out of virtual reality and into the rest of the world! Skywalker Ranch isn't Neverland after all, and I don't think George gives kids loaded grape juice and thinks he is one...

But it was in a comic store... [face_thinking]

22. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    He wasn't doing a signing at the comic shop. He just happened to be there buying some figures there after his son Jett was having a private birthday party at my work nearby. It was just being in the right place at the right time. I saw him again after Carrie Fisher did a book signing in SF, and he waited for her in his Merecedes outside. After the signing, he was her ride, and I read in the paper the next day that they were spotted at a popular restaurant that night. Also, her father lives in SF, and maybe she stayed at the Ranch or something.

23. HoraceAustin

HoraceAustin Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    Harrison Ford.

Come on, Mr. Ford. Take a few days off from the Wyoming ranch and come on out to the con. :)

24. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Lucas loves buying toys. I saw him up here at Mall of America in FAO Schwartz looking through all the toys.

25. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    You would have had a better chance winning the NY Mega Millions $370 million jackpot than Ford showing up at CIV. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.