main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you want to see at Celebration IV most

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Hayden Christensen
    Harrison Ford

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    You'll probably see Samuel L. I just can't get my self to believe that HArrison ford will show up to a convention. Unless Indiana Jones is being promoted, but at that time, it might be filming and I doubt they would take time away from th filming of it to do a con.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Ya know, Mr. Ford has been a wee bit more SW proactive over the last year or so; I mean, he definitely shows up with George Lucas for the big events. So, I can see him coming for a big Q & A session, not signing autographs because that would be a madhouse, but a sit down, why not? Shoot, they could teleconference it, even. He wouldn't even have to leave Wyoming :).

4. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    This I could see happening. You just never know. I have seen Harrison do a few events with The great flanelled one, but these are celebrity events. Lifetime achievement awards, standard award shows, things like that. A Star wars convention.........look, let's just keep our fingers crossed.

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    The Great Flanneled One? HAHA! Classic. I wonder if Lucas is going to be there again. That would be pretty cool. Maybe he could spend a little more time though. 20 minutes was pretty damn short.

6. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    He is the almighty George. 20 minutes is like a lifetime to him.

I slept in last time and I'll sleep in this time if he's there. If he signs, OK, but I know he won't so, I'm sleeping in.

7. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I'd like to get Carrie Fisher as I had a crush on her since I was five. [face_praying] Other than that I think Mark Hamill would be awesome as well as Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I've got my heart set on Ewan, but Liam would be awesome too. :D Mark's a sweetie for those who haven't met him.

9. Korran_Kuat

Korran_Kuat Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    One person I would really like to meet is Jeremy Bulloch. I was given a signed of Fett by a friend of mine years ago, and I would lve another one. It would also be cool to get him to sign my Fett tattoo, that would finish it off nicely.[image=http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o42/Korran_Kuat/Fett.jpg]

10. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I am hoping that since it is in LA and it is the 30th for Star Wars we will see bigger names at CIV. I would love to get sigs from: Nieson, Lee, Hamill, Ford, McGregor, Christianson, Portman, and the great flanneled one. What Official Pix is going to cost me to add on to my autograph hall scares me. I would also love to see what they bring for a prop exhibit this time around. What they had at CII and CIII was good, but this one is special and it is close to the archives. Advance footage of the Clone Wars cartoon would also be nice, as well as some info about the TV show since it should be in preproduction by that time.

11. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004

Same here!!!

Hey Tally, Bullrun 2007 takes place May 11-18(right before C4). It's going to be from Montreal to Key West. This could possibly go through our hometown. If Hayden races again this year maybe we could set up a road block!!!;)

12. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    How about N Portland in a slave outfit? What I can dream can't I. I want Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Ummm, how about NO. Jabba's Slave outfit is sacred and a Fisher legend.

It's Star Wars blasphemy to wish otherwise...

14. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Anyway if you were in leias shoes would you like your mum to wear your slave bikini and show it off to the whole galaxy o_O

I just really want to see people enjoy themselves cause in my view I think the problems that went on at C3 sort of affected people's sense of fun, I know myself like many others after spending the whole first day in the store really could have put people off for life.

15. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but Harrison Ford HAS to make an appearance at C4. He owes his entire acting career to George Lucas with the world-famous Han Solo and Indiana Jones roles. We all know how Ford refrains from signing any SW memorabilia in-person. And I have been hearing people say over the years that Ford wants to distance himself from the SW franchise and the whole Han Solo mystique.

But if you look at Ford's body of work since the glory days of Solo (and Indiana Jones as well), he hasn't starred in many top-notch, blockbuster films. Aside from The Fugitive, Patriot Games, and possibly Air Force One, I cannot recall another film that he starred in that was a major success in theaters or as far as VHS/DVD purchases were concerned. I'm sure I might be forgetting one or two other films that did pretty well, but nothing is probably on the scale of the three films mentioned above.

Bottom line: Han Solo put Ford on the preverbial acting map. The galaxy's most notorious, swash-buckling smuggler is a part of Ford's life that he could never lessen or take for granted. With C4 marking the 30th anniversary of the film that started it all, he needs to be there and share in all the excitement. He needs to embrace the legacy he has created with millions of SW fans.

Memo to Ford: PLEASE ATTEND C4. To quote Darth Vader: "It is your destiny..."

16. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    Well he did get an Oscar nomination for Witness. Also he was in American Graffiti (although this was him teaming with Lucas again) and Blade Runner which are considered cult classics.

17. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I think he will attend due to the fact from a celeb point of view with indiana jones coming out it will be a sort of decoy for him to get out in the limelight again, it would be good to have himself with carrie, george and mark on stage with a projector behind showing their star wars audition tapes for the parts.

18. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Personally, I'm more looking forward to meeting online friends than I am any of the celebrities. This is my best chance of meeting many of them, and that's the biggest draw for me. :) Second biggest draw is just the atmosphere. I know so few sci-fi fans in real life that I might faint from delirious joy to be surrounded by so many for C4. :p

As far as celebrities go, I admit that I'd give an awful lot to meet Timothy Zahn in person, and I'd also love to see Aaron Allston. What can I say - I'm mostly a lit and fanfic girl. :p

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I want the authors and comic book writers and artists there too! Aaron Allston and Timothy Zahn are both great guys -- you would like them a lot. Allston is just a crack-up, too. Zahn's next SW book comes out in February, and Allston's paperback edition of Betrayal in May, so that's pretty good timing. Too bad none of 'em live in the general L.A. area (unlike many of the actors), so they have be "flown in," as it were. Which means some can attend and some can't. I remember Tim Zahn saying at Comic-Con one time that it was all just a question of who Random House would shell out the money for. Let's hope they consider this important enough to put up the dough for a bunch of 'em.

20. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I have no doubt that I'd like Zahn and Allston. :D Which is the problem, really - I could do without autographs just fine. What I'd like best is to actually talk to them and pick their brains about writing and characterization. A girl can dream. :p (I did meet Luceno once, on the signing tour for The Unifying Force. He was really nice. :) ) One would think that C4 would qualify as important enough for a lot of the authors. And as you say, the timing would be excellent for Zahn and Allston, at least. [face_thinking]

21. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    There were a number of authors at C3. I mainly remember Matt Stover and Troy Denning because that is who we most wanted to meet. As I recall, they did have Q & A or seminar-type affairs at C3 so I don't see why they wouldn't do so again.

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yep, I don't think they'll miss this opportunity to have some of the authors come; their panels are always well attended. It's definitely a highlight for me. When you collect the books you can't help but be excited when their creators show up :).

23. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I hope they do a vintage collectors panel again like at C3 I never did get a full set of those trading cards but they were pretty cool.

24. Anakinsaprentice

Anakinsaprentice Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    Hayden Christensen!!!...The sexiest Jedi/Sith ever!!..I know I'm fangirling..LOL..I hope C4 gets most of the major SW stars. I'd love to see Hayden, Ewan, Harrison, Mark and Carrie..That's probably just wishful thinking though.

25. JediJen-aaha

JediJen-aaha Jedi Master star 2

Nov 4, 2002
    The most? Well, Harrison Ford would be awesome, as well as Hayden Christensen and Natlie Portman. Seriously, who from Star Wars wouldn't we want to meet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.