main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you want to see at Celebration IV most

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I know that the chance of this happening are slim to none but I would love to see it happen. I would love to have a ?live commentary? of the film. That is the people at ILM such as John Knoll, Rob Coleman, Ben Burtt, Matthew Wood, Rick McCallum and George (although I believe you would have a better chance of getting a PS3 this year than get George) would be in the audience to give more in depth commentary of the film than what was on the DVD. Also you could have fan ask questions about the film. You could ask George why he shot a scene a certain way. You could ask Rob Coleman why the animators did this scene that way. You could ask Ben Burtt how he got the sound for the Jedi Star Fighters. What my ?Super Wish List? would be to get the cast to do the same thing. Wouldn?t it be great to ask Harrison how he feels about Han shooting/not shooting first? Ask Carrie how she prepared for the role of Leia. How Ewan McGreggor how he studies for his role as Obi-Wan.

Best?Commentary?Ever

Darth Ludicrous

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That would be terrific....

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I know there is little to no chance of this ever happening, but I would love to have the option of buying taped sessions of all of the actror/crew interviews done at C4 (such as the ones posted above in the previous post). Say there is a crew member or actor interview session going on at one place that I could not attend because I am attending a different session at that same time. It would be great if Gen Con would have a dedicated camerman filming the session from the back of the room, and then make them available to fans for purchase on DVD at a later date once the convention was over. Maybe give some kind of discount to Hyperspace FC members, or a discount to fans who bought a 4-Day admission badge.

With how much that is going to be on display at C4, it is inevitable that you will miss at least one interview/commentary due to time conflicts, seating limitations, or what not. I'd love to be able to buy the ones that I missed.

Just a thought...

4. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    JediJustin,

That is the same thing I was thinking of after CIII. I can't see why they don't want to videotape some of these interviews. Just like when George was at CIII, Why couldn't they have video taped that? Sure they had an audiocast of the interviews up on Hyperspace but no video. Sure they have all of these Web Episodes of the prequles, why can't they have a web episode of CIV?

5. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Exactly, D-Lud. While my wife and I were fortunate enough to have attended all of the sessions that we wanted to see at C3, there were a few that we would liked to have seen but could not due to time conflicts.

I think both the fans and Gen Con/LFL would both profit heavily from such an idea: fans get to see all of the interviews/commentaries at C4, and Gen Con/LFL earn additional revenue from the sale of the DVD's. It would be a win-win situation for everybody.

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'd probably buy a CIII or CIV DVD if they had one. I'd be more interested though if someone took a camera and interviewed people who were attending. They were by far more entertaining then what Lucas had to say. I think that would be an awesome DVD idea. The Celebration Experience from a fans point of view. But it would have to be well made.

7. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    If only someone would make a documentary... that would rock!

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    There would definitely be a heavy market for such a DVD. Hopefully somebody from Gen Con recognizes this idea for what it's worth and passes it along to the event committee for serious consideration.

It would truly be an excellent piece of CIV fan memorabilia.

9. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Here is a "documentary" of a sorts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeZttXQDZos

10. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006

Put it in the "Gen-Con Speaks" thread. Maybe Adrian will respond.

11. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    If only youtube wasn't blocked at work *sigh*

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Done!

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I can't wait to see folks from here at the JC.

14. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I think we might get a chance to see the Emperor himself. Ian has recently signed for Official Pix. Um, $229.00 fior an autograph....no thanks.

Maybe he will make a guest appearance with Georgy Boy.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Nahhhh, I'm crossing my fingers to see Pwinklespi in a pink Jedi costume.

Ain't no actor/actress at C4 that I wanna see more than that... [face_praying]

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I want to see him dressed like a pink Ewok. Lord knows he's the right size for one! Probably just as hairy too! =)

17. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Nice! Can you move your head, there is a glare in my eyes?

18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    One thing I do NOT want to see at C4 is anymore of those recorded video sessions that some of the actors did for C3. They are so informal and impersonable.

Let me see "live" guests at C4. If the actors/actresses want to make their presence felt, they should really try and attend the convention for the fans (barring an illness or extreme circumstance, of course).

19. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Another thing I would like to see is for george lucas to attend the hyperspace breakfast.

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Good answer!!! Call me goofy, but I'd pay good money to attend that!

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Share a stack of buttery flap jacks with The Maker himself. Now THAT would be worth the price of admission alone...

22. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    The maker, and thirty-odd thousand other people trying to get a sniff of his pits. Not to mention his security enterouge. Good luck. o_O

23. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Slowly but surely people are posting that they are going to be at C-IV. Another I've found is Grant Gould -- he's a great artist, has done a lot of SW "stuff," and will be doing an official print for the con. Here's his website, just FYI: Grant Gould

24. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Who else has posted that they are attending?

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Some of the artists and authors. I haven't put their names up yet, I've just been going through their websites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.