main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who do you want to see at Celebration IV most

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I saw a helmet once that had a bunch of sigs on it. It even had Sebastian Shaw's name which would make the sig collection complete. I think it went for something like 8 grand or something like that. Whoever had it had pics of the signings too... he hung onto it for awhile since Shaw's been dead for awhile.

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    You know it's funny, there are only two Lukes. Mark Hamill and the baby who played baby Luke. I'm sure in 10 years, baby Luke will be selling his auto to us geeks for $20.00 at a con as well. With only one Lando and and one Han, it's easy to complete an auto set. BUT, there are like 8 million Vaders. Prowse, James Earl Jones, Sebastian Shaw, Hayden Christinsen, Jake Loyd.......am I missing anyone?

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

I believe Bob Anderson played Darth Vader in ROTJ in the fight scenes between him and Luke. He is also the guy who choreographed alot of the fight scenes in LOTR.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - baby Luke. And what about baby Leia and her future autograph?? [face_laugh]

5. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    OH you know it's true. He'll figure out in about 5 to 10 years that he can make about $2,000 a weekend doing autos and that will be his future. Look at Mara Jade. What an easy way to make money. HAHA!

6. Pepperoni_Petey

Pepperoni_Petey Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2005
    Anderson was also in ESB doing the duel/stunts with Mark Hamill.

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Actually, I believe both baby Luke and Leia were played by the same baby (they're twins, remember?)! How could you sign photos of both a boy and a girl in 20 years? Weird. :confused:

8. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I thought the babies were CG?

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    According to his website, Anthony Daniels will be appearing at CIV.

Here's the link: http://www.anthonydaniels.com/appearances/index.html

10. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    His appearance announcement contains Official Pix's website. That looks like he'll be an autograph guest. Of course that's just speculation on my part.

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    We'll find out for sure (hopefully) about Anthony Daniels in OP's next announcement tonight at 7:00pm PST (10:00pm EST).

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Too bad "C3" wasn't at C3. But it's good to know he'll be there this time. :)

13. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    According to the celebrities page on OP they have Daniels listed for all 4 days with the what seems to be same price for all, $35 tag. Also notice Peter Mayhew is going to be there as well! :D

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/Celebrities.html

14. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    Sigh. I remember the good old days where Daniels gave his autograph away for free.

15. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    the new animated series but besides that maybe a Indy teaser.Ok people-I want James Earl Jones to be there and mark hamill.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'd like to see the voice actors from the Clone Wars, as well as the original "old school" veterans of ILM. A reunion of Mark Hamill, Garrick Hagon, and Denis Lawson would make a cool panel too!

17. Wilderness_Comedian

Feb 5, 2005
    ^At C III there was a Jabbas Palace reunion, an Imperial/Rebel officers reunion, and a Jedi Knight reunion, A Fett Family panel, and an all wookiee panel.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    ^Yeah, I knew about those. i was jsut re-watching the AFI tribute to George Lucas a couple years back, and when they had C-3PO, R2-D2, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Chewbacca all on stage, with the last shot of ANH on the giant screen behind them (they were all in the same positions), I thought, "How AWESOME would it be to see that in person in May!" [face_praying]

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, it looks like we can all cross off Mark Hamill attending CIV. According to his website, he will not be attending either of the CIV events.

Here's the link: http://www.markhamill.com/frames.htm

Look at the right-had side of the page under "News" and you will see the message.

"At this time, due to work and time constraints, Mark will not be appearing at Celebration IV or at Celebration Europe."

This is a REAL bummer. He was one of the top celebs that my wife and I wanted to see at CIV. Hopefully this changes and he decides to attend. But it looks very bleak as of right now. [face_worried]

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Wow - that really bites...:_|

21. Doctor_Evil

Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    What a dink this guy appears to be sometimes. Geez...

I'll be honest, I initially thought we'd have a much better shot at getting him to show up than Carrie this time.(Since she's already done one) I mean I can understand if he would not want to sign. I can see where that could be a drag. But come on! Would it really hurt to come and do a few panels and be frickin' hero worshiped for a day or two? You know he'd get packed houses and standing ovations at everything he would do.

And if he wanted to get a plug in for whatever he is doing now, he could get that in too. We are his people. It could have been great....Dink!

-Doc

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Worse - he'll probably be at Comic Con or the like - *sigh*.

PS

It would have been nice to hear it from Mark himself - something along the lines of "Hey guys, I'm really sorry I can't make it because of this and that," instead of a squicked sidebar from his fanclub (which rarely has ANY info of use... [face_frustrated]

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Hmmmmm, if he's got things to do, then I don't see that Hamill is obliged to come to CIV. [face_plain] There are plenty of fans who can't come to CIV because of work and commitments. I think that calling Mark Hamill names because he's not on the guest list for CIV is a bit uncalled for. That's the kind of thing that drives guests away.

I would like to see the SW animators at CIV. With demos if possible. And some of the costume/props designers/makers.

And what about the book authors? I've heard that Timothy Zahn is already scheduled for a different convention for that weekend (hint to GenCon: conventions who schedule their guests early are more likely to get them). But there are a lot of other authors. The comic artists?

24. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I think it would be cool to have a concert with Nates band, the guy off beuty and the geek.They play Star Wars songs that they created.Does anyone know when breakfast tickets will go on sale??

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, I'd like to meet Nate ('hope he brings Jenny Lee too) so I can congratulate him in person for not going for the money in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.