main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Who else got SCR*WED at AMC Media 6 in Burbank?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by IH8AMC, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IH8AMC

IH8AMC Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    Oh my god, I am so mad right now. I bought my tickets for AMC Media 6 in Burbank, CA on the 3rd to see the DIGITAL showing on the 16th.....Well it seems that someone decided a week ago to REMOVE THE PROJECTOR AND MOVE IT TO SANTA MONICA WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE!!!! I just decided to check on a whim today to make sure it was still on the offical list, and lo and behold it was not. I called the theater and they said they don't know who made the decision, but it really doesn't matter because now I am out of luck. They said a bunch of other people have cancelled their tickets too. I called AMC Corporate and left a formal complaint, but I wonder who really made the decision....was it Texas Instruments(projector), AMC(exhibitor) wanting to get it in a larger theater, or Lucasfilm wanting to get it in a more prominent location????

2. scatfro

scatfro Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Dude I bought my ticket on the 6th and before leaving decided too, on a whim, ask if it was digital. It wasn't so I returned it and went too Santa Monica 7. They didn't know if they were showing it yet but they eventualy did. They are playing it but when I went oo go get midnight tickets the idiot in the box office said that they would not be playing it at midnight. So I bought tickets for the "first" digital showing of it. When I went home I called to make shure. The idiot was wrong! Now I'm stuck seeing it at 11:45AM. They realy don't make it easy to see a movie digitaly huh?

3. IH8AMC

IH8AMC Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I guess the gods at starwars.com don't like posts revealing the crap they pull, they just deleted my post over there about this situation. I reposted it under the title WHO LOVES CENSORSHIP? Gee, I wonder if I'll be banned now, boohoo....

4. scatfro

scatfro Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    SO are you going to see it at Burbank or what?

5. IH8AMC

IH8AMC Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I doubt it, I don't want to reward them for pulling a stunt like this. I am so bummed.

6. FortyWatto

FortyWatto Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2002
    It's a little after-the-fact now, but be very glad you didn't go to that first showing at the Burbank AMC (if in fact that's the case).

I did the same thing you did (bought advanced tickets, then found out it wasn't digital) but decided to see it there anyway. Big mistake.

The film broke. Not once, but TWICE. It was showing in two theaters simultaneously. So in one of the theaters, everyone was SENT HOME with passes (that they couldn't use that day becuase all shows were sold out). And in the other theater (where I was), they said they'd re-start the film from the beginning after it was fixed the second time. Well, they lied. They started it back up again where it left off. Completely ruined the flow of the movie and my enthusiasm for that first showing. Also didn't help that the sound volume was really low.

I'm wondering if this is Lucasfilm's (or someone's) "payback" to the theater for getting rid of their digital projection system? When the film broke, one of the epithets hurled at the projection booth repeatedly was "Shoulda got digital!"

Anyway, I am NEVER returning to that theater. I ended up seeing AOTC again that day in the mall across the street (the only place it wasn't sold out), where I expected it to look and sound lousy. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.