main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who else thinks The Matrix should have only been one movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by I_AM_A_CLONER, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_AM_A_CLONER

I_AM_A_CLONER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2003
    I like Reloaded. but I was really disappointed with Revolutions. I was hoping for a different ending. The way that they filmed the last two together and released them 6 months apart kinda excludes the first one from the story. At least to me it does. It seems to me that the last two are better connected than all three are together. I really love the first one and until late 2000 I did not know they were making more. I was satisfied with the ending to the first one. It let me form my own conclusions about Neo and his saving the human race. Had i been director I think I would have left it as just one film. Anyone agree?

The Cloner

2. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    They're all okay films, but the first one is really over rated.

3. Balrog_Paradox

Balrog_Paradox Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2003
    I was quite content to leave it as it was as well. I couldn't have cared less if they just stopped after the first movie. It was good, and permanent cliffhangers are cool, but the second and third ended up ruining it for me.

4. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I think they could have worked on the second one longer

5. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    The first one was the only good one in my estimation.

Ciou-See the Sig

6. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Yeah, the jesus ref and stuff was subtle in the first but in the last they were forcing it down out throats.

Also LotR should have only been the last movie. The first two were a waste of time.

7. YODA_SITH

YODA_SITH Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I think they are fine as a trilogy.

8. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I liked the first movie, but it went all downhill from there.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There's nothing wrong with either of the sequels. Why do you people complain so much?

10. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    It seems to me IMHO that most people that dont like the last 2, dont get the last 2 films. Its like all the philosophy went right over their heads and the special effects, which were incredible, were just too much for em.

But like I said from what I hear from people who dont like em, thats just IMHO.

11. jedi_john_34

jedi_john_34 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    i love 'em nothing wrong with 'em

12. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I think the sequels were just a case of horrible storytelling. They could have easily made those two films into one sequel and it would have been MUCH better in my mind. In fact, reloaded almost served no purpose at all. The tiny bit of actual plot movement needed for the storyline that happend in reloaded could have been integrated into revolutions and saved me two hours that I'll never get back. [/color]

13. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    It seems to me IMHO that most people that dont like the last 2, dont get the last 2 films.

No, we get them. We just think they suck.

14. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I'm in total agreement there. I totally understood the two sequels. They just were sub-par.

15. Naboo1

Sep 19, 2003
    It's quite clear that with the last film, the Matrix filmmakers totally ran out of ideas.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's been my experience that whenever someone dislikes a sequel to a movie they liked, they were expecting an exact clone of the original. Well, get this: sequels are made to be different. If you want the original, then watch the original. The sequel continues the story, and thus has to be different from the first.

17. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Think about this:

Why was the first so successful? Because of the effects? No. It's because this happened to you. It COULD happen to you. It was the story of Tom Anderson. It was so succesful cause the idea all made sense, and it was a very relatable thing.

The second two were the story of Zion. Which no one really cared about anyway.

What could have maybe made the difference would have been to have te short piece in the Animatrix about the annoying kid BE Reloaded. It'd be more personable. And character driven, not location driven.

18. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    You are all wrong. Bib hit it right on the mark.

Rick McCallum is impartial to your existence. [face_plain]

19. Naboo1

Sep 19, 2003
    I thought Animatrix was pretty boring.

I actually think that Matrix, and Matrix Reloaded are two, really great, movies.

Matrix:Revolutions is pretty weak up until the scene where Neo and Smith have that fight.

20. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I think they could have paced Reloaded a bit better, and that they should have waited at least a year before they released Revolutions. But I do think the trilogy format worked well for Matrix and I pretty much enjoyed the series overall.

21. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    It's been my experience that whenever someone dislikes a sequel to a movie they liked, they were expecting an exact clone of the original. Well, get this: sequels are made to be different. If you want the original, then watch the original. The sequel continues the story, and thus has to be different from the first.

Well, that's not why I disliked the sequels, if I'm allowed to speak for myself on this. :)
    Personally, I felt Reloaded was absolutely useless to the plot and was needlessly complex (and some of the effects were sub-par). I felt Revolutions, while better than Reloaded (but not by much), TOTALLY mis-handled the ending. There were about 20 things they COULD have done with the ending to give it more "closure", and it did none of them.

When I see a sequel, I expect it to not only be different, but for it to also have a POINT. Reloaded didn't have one.

22. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I didn't like Neo sacrificing himself or Trinity dying. And I really wanted Neo to come back and take out the guy with the gray hair and beard too. Anyway, IMO The Matrix was too pyschologically complex to have been only one movie. It would have been a great trilogy instead of a good trilogy had Neo and Trinity not died. I really hated that.

23. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    the whole matrix was a bad idea [face_plain]

24. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    First film was great fun. They should have stopped there.

25. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I agree. I didn't care much for Reloaded and Revolutions was a major disappointment for me. I think the first film would have been great by itself,the conclusion could have been just left to imagination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.