main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Who forged the Beskar Spear?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by godisawesome , Jan 30, 2022.

1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    This technically shouldn’t be in the Mando gear/weapons thread, or at least it seems it shouldn’t be, since the Armorer claims Mandos don’t make Beskar weapons since they can compromise Beskar armor.

So, who do you think had it made?

Morgan Elsbeth, as a personal weapon herself?

Some ancient Sith or Jedi fighting the Mandalorians?

Thrawn, trying to abuse Mandalorian cultural mores?

Someone else?

2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    There are also Beskar vibro-axes, one of which was used by Ap'lek, a Knight of Ren.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    A rogue Mando?

4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I bet it was Albert, those German rocket scientists could do anything.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I hadn't actually thought of this. I think that either it's a new weapon, made by Elsbeth or someone in Thrawn's employ, or it's an old Mandalorian weapon. After all, there are many different factions of Mandalorians, so some of them might not take issue with beskar weapons.
    Maybe it was used during the Mandalorian Civil War?

Shaak Ti likes this.
  6. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    maybe the Armorer knows who made it and that’s part of the reason she wanted to melt it down?

7. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Thrawn has a hobby of collecting/stealing artifacts. Hera’s family heirloom comes to mind. My guess he came across the spear somehow and gave it Morgan.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I bet it was a weapon commissioned by some Imperial bigwigs. Forged from the armor of massacred noble Mandos.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  9. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Are "whistling birds" made out of beskar?

Still, they might not be a weapon that penetrates beskar armour.

godisawesome likes this.
  10. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Thrawn having it built/finding it as a weapon specifically capable of throwing off a Mando would be the most intriguing version for me.
    The Armorer's dialogue at the time heavily implied they were Beskar... and we saw them fail to penetrate even the not-Beskar of the Darktroopers' armor, so that technicality could be correct.

It could also be a housing thing - that the bird darts can only be safely fired from a beskar casing.

Shaak Ti and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Could be the ones the Armorer made out of Beskar were limited as SHE said in the dialogue and Din used them up long before he took on the Darktroopers. "Beskar not used as a weapon" has opened a whole can of worms unless it's meant that whistling birds is meant solely for defence and she doesn't count that.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  12. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    You might be on to something. "Its mere existence puts Mandalorians at risk." Subjective interpretation and all, but to me, she seems to utter that line with particularity. Granted, that doesn't dispel the problem with the whistling birds.

13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! It was Fennec Shand who forged the Beskar spear!

Fin McCool and VexedAtVohai like this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think it was simply the vambrace housing the whistling birds that’s made of beskar.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Considering how valuable beskar seems to be, it would be wasteful (not to mention expensive) to make ammo out of it.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This too.

17. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    That's where you invest in a BADA55 Autopsy Droid to extract each whistling bird from each recipient, thereby preserving your valuable beskar.

cwustudent and Shaak Ti like this.
  18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    You know, I hadn't really thought about it, but that is a good question.

The Empire are just about the only non-Mandalorians we know of who can smelt beskar (given how tough it is, it must be a difficult process, and I can see the Mandos trying to keep it secret) but a spear doesn't seem like a very Empire weapon - at least, if they made a spear, I imagine it would look more like a royal guard force pike.

So, until there is any solid evidence, I am going to guess it was Morgan Elspeth herself. She was apparently involved in the strip mining of worlds to build an imperial war machine, so she could have been in charge of picking Mandalore's bones, and at the same time she has a strong connection to her own destroyed people - it is possible a spear is a traditional weapon of her ancestors, whoever they were, and so she had her share of the beskar made into a shape that meant something to her.

Bor Mullet, godisawesome and Sarge like this.
  19. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I am thinking it goes back to the Mandolorian Civil War. Maybe created for fights with Jedi?

20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Actually, speaking of the civil war and thinking again...

Just because the Children of the Watch have a rule against beskar weapons doesn't mean that other groups of Mandalorians did. If anything, the civil war - and the general history of Mandalorian clan violence - would make a weapon that could reliably kill rival mandalorians would probably be highly valued, particularly by the less honorable and more ambitious types.

21. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Sounds like clan Saxon to me.

22. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Come to think of it, could the fact that we don’t see any of the Children of the Watch using and integral blades in their gauntlets maybe give some things away? Din *and* Paz both carry their non-Beskar vibroblades separate from their gauntlet weaponry, while Bo and Jango both have integral blades on their gauntlets - with Jango’s apparently capable of digging into Kamino’s metal with little issue.

23. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    A strong possibility.

An excellent observation. I never noticed that, but it makes a lot of sense.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, he’s God. And he’s awesome.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Mandalorians make their armor and weapons out've beskar, including the darksaber's hilt. I don't know what the Armorer was talking about on the show for her to make sense - but I suppose she was trying to say it was made by a non-Mandalorian to kill Mandalorians.

clone commander bossk likes this.