main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

who' going in costume

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by BountyHunter1, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'll be running around on Saturday in my Luke ROTJ costume, so if anyone else will be in their ROTJ gear, hopefully we can get some pix together.

2. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I have pics up on my website now of my 3 costumes that I am working on for the Celebration.

3. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I will be one of the many Jedi. My costume is almost complete...

4. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    I wanna to go! :)

I just don't have a costume, and I don't want to go without one!

I don't want to make one myself, I have no skill in that department.

I want to buy one, CHEAP... Please HELP, PLEASE!!! :(

5. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Not sure you can find that help AcrossTheStarsBaby From what I know the places that make SW costumes are no longer taking orders that can be completed by C2. Your best bet would be to bring as many pictures as you can to a local seamstress. They maybe able to help you. You could try and make one yourself. Check the Costuming and props forum for help making one..

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll be there in costume too. :) I'm currently making Padme's picnic dress form AOTC. (The one she wore on the cover of Vanity Fair) I'm entering it in the contest, so I'll probably only wear it on Sunday. I'd love to wear it Saturday too, but I'd hate for something accidental to happen to it, like a rip or a spill of something. :(

7. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Obi-Dawn,
    I don't blame you for not wanting anything to happen to your costume before the Costume Call on Sunday. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to get Monday off from work so I'm stuck leaving on Sunday and will probably miss most of the Sunday festivities. I'll be running around in costume most of the of Saturday so if you do decide to wear your Padme dress, I'll have to get some pictures of you. I'm hoping there will still be tons of folks running around on Saturday in costume because I'm bringing loads of film! I mean, how often does something this cool happen where you're surrounded by this many Star Wars fans!

8. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm going in Pademe's Rainbow Dress from AOTC.(I just have to finish it in time) That is also going to be my entry in the costume contest.
    But Obi-Dawn is right! I don't wnat to ruin my costume entry, so I may change my mind and wear Pademe's Battle outfit from TPM. (I made that one for TPM midnight showing!)

9. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    For those of us who will be running around in costume on Saturday, would you be up for meeting somewhere (we can decide on a time and place over the next few weeks) and getting some group shots? I think it would be cool to get some Classic Trilogy characters together for some photos and then some Prequel character shots, plus a combination. I won't be at the Con for very long on Sunday since I have to leave for the East Coast earlier than I would have liked so I'll probably miss the Costume Call. Bummer! I just want to make sure I get as many shots of folks in costume (plus EVERYTHING ELSE that will be happening there!) as I can. If anyone's interested, lets' chat...

10. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    http://www.buycostumes.com/

:D

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    So, JM22, are you going to the Celebration? :)

12. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I think group pictures are both going to be extremely easy and extremely impossible. There are going to be HUNDREDS of people in costume. You will never get them all in the same spot, even if you do seperate into prequel/classic.

Just out the DRAGON CON webpages and you see what I mean. There were about 100 troopers there, and that wasnt even a SW event. I predict we will get AT LEAST triple that, and very likely up to 400 troopers alone. Since jedi robes are cheaper and can be made yourself, we will see at least 300 of them too.

Other predictions:
    20 Vaders
    10 Mauls
    5 Emporers
    50 Lukes
    50 Leias
    30 Hans
    20 Amidalas
    30 Imperial officers
    5 Jawas
    5 Dookus
    10 Tuskens

And Maybe, JUST MAYBE even a Ki Adi Mundi, Greedo, and I forgot, about 20 Mara Jades.

Is there a lens big enough?

13. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Ack. I forgot

10 Bobas
    2-3 Jangos

14. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I'm going to be there on Sat in full-out Aurra Sing gear. I'd really like to get a new pair of boots before C2 though.

15. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Wait! Hold up! Change of costume! I'm going to be there in Padme's Tatooine blue embroidered dress from Forbidden Love. Aha...two circles are complete...many more embroidered circles to go!

16. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    I'm going in Jedi garb at some point. Handbuilt lightsaber with an EL blade I'm ordering. Costume consists of: Black flight suit, black boots, dark green sash and vest thing (Luke ROTJ, his was gray), and a black cloak. I have a light cloak, but I am just starting work on a better one.

I'd very much like to do Padme's white battle outfit from AOTC, anyone have good shots of this or advice? I tried the link on the first page, but that site is gone. Thanks!

~Caleigh

17. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
  18. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Dawn, thanks a bunch! :)

~Caleigh

19. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    You're welcome!
    Hope to see your finished costume at the Celebration!

20. Mara-Skywalker

Mara-Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I might go as Mara Jade or Luke in ceremony garb. If I can find a mustard yellow jacket. >__<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.