main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WHO HAS PRESS PASSES?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthMedialine, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMedialine

DarthMedialine Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    I got the idea that not many people would be granted press passes. I fortunately was granted one though.:)
    I'm not exactly sure what that will give me the leniency to do though. Can I film where no one else can? I'm a freelance videographer and have done some journalism...I just know when it comes to Star Wars and rules...some things change. So anybody who has the "know" can you post about all this? It says you have to have written permission to interview the celebrities. I was only notified of my press pass status last week. What do you all think? Please let me know who else has press passes! Thanks!
    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU THERE!!

2. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    I think the wisest course of acton is emailing gencon and asking them.

3. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    From the FAQ

Can I bring my still or video camera to Celebration III?

Still cameras are allowed anywhere, except during stage presentations at which the audience is requested to not take photos. There is absolutely no filming for documentary and news purposes without express written permission from Gen Con LLC and Lucasfilm. Recording devices are not allowed at any stage presentations or shows, whether video or audio. Audio and video recording for private use only is allowed in the halls and in other public places at Celebration III.

Most importantly:

There is absolutely no filming for documentary and news purposes without express written permission from Gen Con LLC and Lucasfilm.

4. Dark_4ce

Dark_4ce Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    Aaw, shame... :( I was quite hoping to get Lucas on video to show my buddies back home (if I ever get in that is). Oh well, atleast I can still use the camera in the halls and hopefully the autograph signings. Gotta have footage of Billy Dee Willams giving me an autograph. :D

5. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Dont worry if you cant get into all the presentations, I know that IESB is going to be doing there usual video recordings of the event like they have done at other cons.

And I am sure there are others aswell

6. Dark_4ce

Dark_4ce Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    Ok cool. I'm hoping to make it though to Rick Mcallums one and the Lucas one. I guess thats hoping for alot, but hey, I can dream. :D Hopefully being a fan club member can help as well, though I doubt it. I'm also thinking about going to the Mystery Ewok Theater 2005, it has a showing of Warwick Davis' home movie of ROTJ. I remeber reading and seeing a few screenies of it in an old issue of Insider. Had something to do with him sneaking on set and Boba Fett hunting him around the studio. :D

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I also have a press badge!
    I work for a newspaper and figured what the heck and apply for one. My editor wants some kind of story from me when I get back since I'm taking a week's vacation to go there. I was also thinkig of using it as an excuse tointerview random fans on the experience nd maybe put together some kind of chronical of the event. I'm not sure exactly

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I looked into it a little too late. I heard that you could get one at the con. I'm in the TV station here on my university campus. I talked to my producer and he said that I could flim stuff for a documentary to be shown on our campus station. I might be doing a little bit too much stuff anyways.

9. Dragonheart65

Dragonheart65 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    My husband is a news director for an ABC affiliate and has a press pass...almost makes me still wish I worked in radio so I could snag one but oh well. One press pass is better than none. He's not into SW as much as I am or my kids are but he's excited to be going...at least the weather will be better in Indy than at Celebration I....brrrrr.

10. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    Got mine yesterday!
    JG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.