main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who has suffered the most in the entire saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by OnlyOneKenobi, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trojan_Sock

Trojan_Sock Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    "If C3PO could "feel" emotions then I would choose him as the most unfortunate character."

C3PO may not experience feelings that exact same way that humans do, but that doesn't make what he did feel any less significant than what we would.

Example, the "Measure of a man" episode of Star Trek TNG. ;)

2. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Anakin/Vader,Padme and Obi-wan.

3. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Shmi, Anakin/Vader, Padme, Leia, and Luke...They were deprived of a family, something which seems very important to them all.

I must say I have absolutely no sympathy towards Obi-Wan or Yoda though. Yoda was the king of the Jedi council for years; the move to Dagobah didn't seem to stop him too much. Obi-Wan...He had a good life. The only thing I can see bad for him that he had no control over is that he lost Qui-Gon. The rest of it, he kinda brought onto himself.

4. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    People say that they can sympathize with Anakin killing the Tusken Raiders after his Mother dies. But what about Obi? When his Master died in his arms, did HE go out killing people?

No, but you have to admit, he was pretty pissed off when he came out from behind that force field and tackled Maul. If he had won that duel quickly, he would no doubt have been consumed by the Dark Side and killed more people, if he felt they were resonsible for his Master's death. Nute Gunray and his friends, no doubt. When Maul shoved him into that pit, he had the chance to calm down and think clearly.

Anakin killed everyone because of his hatred and anger. Obi-Wan also seemed angry and hateful when he first tackled Maul. Nobody could stop Anakin, the way Maul stopped Obi-Wan. There's no telling what Obi-Wan would have done if he was able to defeat Maul as easily as Anakin could defeat a Tusken Raider. Obi-Wan did eventually kill the one person who was responsible for his Master's death, though.

5. Obi-tres

Obi-tres Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    Anakin gets taken away from his mother at 9 years old. the council declines his training, so temporarily he thinks that he was taken away from his mother and old life just for nothing. he fails to save his mother. he gets expelled from the jedi order. he falls in lava(probably). he gets ressurected onto the dark side and with guilt does evil for 20 some odd years.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Anakin wasn't exactly "taken" though, was he? Remember he DID have a choice about weather he left him mother. All the way along Anakin had choices, just as Luke does. Just because Anakin chooses the wrong path, doesn't mean we should view him as the most tragic figure in the Saga. What happens to Luke shows that Anakins life really could have been differant, if he had wanted it to be.

So, who do I think is the most tragic figure? Probably Yoda, because of the reason's already stated, really. Everything his life has ever stood for is taken from him, by a man he saw and trusted every day. 700+ years of honor and duty, for nothing. He goes from being at the center of the universe, to living on a boggy, backwater. He knows what Palpatine is doing in his absense, but is TOTALLY powerless to fight back, and no doubt he will feel a lot of guilt for not being aware of Palpatine's plan. Seeing all the Jedi slaughtered, and knowing he's the last one left. A lot of young people don't understand how hard it is for the very old, to be the only one left, seeing all their friends and family dying off.... And added to this trauma, Yoda has to get out of his home and go into hiding. Very, very tragic, he is. :(

7. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Also, don't forget that Yoda's been around for 900 years; imagine all the loss and pain he's witnessed in his long life, going by how much we see in our comparitively short lives.

But I have to say Obi-Wan has suffered the most. He always seems to be dragged along by events he can't control - especially in AOTC, where he witnesses the creation of two massive armies, preparing to wipe each other out pretty soon.

Oh yes, and don't forget, he lost his best friend in AOTC too...R4-P17! ;)

8. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'd say all their lives equally suck.

I have the most sympathy for Anakin though. Don't ask me why. I think I will have even more sympathy for him after Episode III, because I don't think his turn is as simple as waking up one day and deciding to be evil.

It's amazing there wasn't a very high alcoholism/drug abuse/suicide rate in the GFFA, though. These people just can't get a fair shake!

9. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    One word: Glimmer st..uh...glimmersticks :D

10. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Probably the Emperor since he has to live with himself, just kidding probably Anakin, Obi-Wan just has kind of disappointment and a little sadness, Anakin has the internal conflict, Padme gone, his mom gone, twins that were hidden from him , the lives he has taken, seeing the Emperor naked, just kidding on that last one but yeah.

11. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    Han: he was frozen in carbonite after being tortured a lot. And before this he found out one of his best friends betrayed him and handed him over to Vader. His ship never worked and he had bounty hunters after him all the time trying to kill him. He had it bad.

12. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Anakin and C-3PO

13. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I'd have to say Padme because even as a guy I know that having to give up your children is pretty heart wrenching for a mother. Not to mention your husband becoming a monster. And Padme will suffer as much guilt as Obi Wan for helping Palpatine come to power.

Of course Anakin lost more, body part wise. It's hard to tell though if he spent his years as Vader enjoying his power or as a miserable broken man trapped in a prison he had to wear all the time.

Let's not forget uncle Owen. Look at Beru from AOTC, then look at her in ANH. :eek:

14. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    "Who has suffered the most in the entire saga?"

After TPM and AOTC I'd have to say the fans.

15. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    This is a tough one... Probably either Obi-Wan or Anakin.

I would say Anakin, hands down, but a lot of what happened to him was brought upon him by himself.

Now, with Shmi dead, if Ep. III shows that Padme and the twins were taken from him while he was still good (it could happen...), then I'd have to say he suffered the most. If they're taken from him after he turns evil, then I'd have to say it was a tie between him and Obi-Wan.

16. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    JarJar has suffered the most.
    Poor guy, nobody loves him, not his fellow gungans, not Obi-Wan, not the Fans.

17. amien

amien Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    I'd have to say Padme. She doesn't deserve to lose her husband, children, her government, perhaps even her people of Naboo. She's dedicated her life to helping others, trying to save democracy, and then she finally gets a chance to relax and have her own life with a family. But her family is stolen from her and her life's work is demolished. And she finds out that it's partially her fault, she helped Palpatine gain power, and perhaps she had a hand in Anakin's fall. She dies before she turns 30 (assumption), and will only be remembed briefly by her young daughter. For all she's lived for is forgotten.

18. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.