main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Who hates Asoka?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Wonderland, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    So Maul could beat five Jedi at once, like Grevious did?

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    If we go by CW cartoon then yeah, I guess Grevious is more dangerous. The fact may be that Grevious is technically more dangerous but, honestly I've found Grevious such a joke that I can't take him seriously. So, he killed five Jedi but I have to think these were some weak Jedi cause Grevious is truly lame. And, no, I don't call my off-the-cuff opinion a proper argument.:D

3. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    The only joke Grevious is was made in Episode III. Before that, he was badass, more Badass than Maul ever was.

And they were two Council Masters, one Master, one Jedi Knight, and three Padawans that he beat all at the same time.

4. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    I agree. I personally never thought very highly of Maul. Sure, he has a cool saber, but he comes nowhere close to the awesomeness that is Grievous, IMO.

5. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Even if the others weren't that good, Grievous took down Shaak Ti. And Shaak Ti is one of the better lightsaber duelists in the Jedi Order (displayed in that same series when she takes on the Magna Guards, and later on in TFU when she goes toe-to-toe with Starkiller).

ROTS Grievous is a tool, to be completely honest; I kept imagining him slapping on a top hat and twirling an elaborate mustache. And if that was the only source to go by, then I'd say Maul would trump him. But we have Clone Wars, in which Grievous is truly a force to be reckoned with.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But the Tartakovsky cartoon clearly shows an exaggerated depiction of the Force powers of the Jedi. Even the powers that be admit ( somewhere ) that Mace taking on an army of battle droids by himself, with his bare hands, essentially contradicts AOTC. So ( aside from the "fear factor" discussed by Vol.2 and LOE ) why should we take Grievous' abilities, as depicted in the same cartoon, at face value? Grievous is only a "badass" when Jedi fail to use the Force against him for some reason.

7. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    From what I remember, the Clone Wars cartoon's depiction of Mace taking on and destroying an entire droid army by himself was supposed to be told from the point of view/memory of the child depicted in the beginning and end of that episode. Grievous, while the details of the events may not have been completely accurate, did indeed take on five Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.