main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is dressing up? What are you going as?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I have a Black jedi costume. It's a mix between Luke in Jedi and Darth Maul. I also have two Obi-Wan style costumes and my darling wife will be wearing a Pink Jedi outfit.

Barring a 99 degreee heatwave, we should be dressing up for 2 days at the convention. If there is another Celebration at Celebration [face_dancing] then we will dress for that as well.

SO, who will you be?

2. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    I'm bringing my Padme battledamaged costume from EP II, and we'll see if I have more by then!

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Breezy and I are working on a little something that will remain a surprise until we debut it. Let?s just say it?s an unfamiliar little twist on something familiar from the Star Wars universe, heh-heh

But bedsides that, I have my generic Jedi costume and my healer jedi costumes. I plan on working on a few other things before CIV but don?t know that I will have time to complete them. I will probably design a generic Galactic Senate outfit, something that will evoke the spirit of the times of Episodes I thru III. It will be recognizable as someone from the senate without being a specific character

4. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'm bringing my ANH Leia and possibly whatever else I get done by then. :)

5. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I've always liked this outfit.

I wanted to think of something clever and comical, but I'm pretty stupid, so I'm wearing what I have. [face_plain]

6. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm bringing my Jedi which is more of an Obi-Wan styled one(That is to say, very lightsided) and if I'm able to I'd like to get a Luke done by the time of C4(Though I'm stuck going to a tailor or something). If I could though I'd want an Imperial Knight.

7. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    I am going as a Jedi, as I did for C3. It is based on Obi's costume, but my lightsabre is more like Luke's (vintage Graflex).

Since C3, I have upgraded the belt and the boots. (For those in the know, I finally found some LLBean Town and Country brown riding boots at an LLBean outlet!) Going to C4 in style, I am!

Of course, I am bringing several t-shirts to change into everyday for under my costume, so it does not get stinky. That and a bottle of Febreeze!

Lufta

8. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    I currently have these in my possession:

- Leia Buckskin Ewok Village Dress
    - Leia ANH Medal Ceremony Dress
    - Padme Naboo Lake Dress (Rainbow)
    - Padme Leather Corsette Outfit

But I want to have these made by then:

- Padme Mustafar Outfit
    - Leia Metal Bikini
    - Boyfriend wants a Cloud City Leia Outfit

9. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I may take my corellian jedi (green robes),
    Leia throne room

I want to have my orange done for then, also what ever takes my fancy but isnt too hard to make!

10. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I have always been fond of the battle damaged Padme costume.......oh yeah and Leia in the golden bikini. [face_whistling]

11. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    My clone trooper bucket should be here soon so I'm going as duh..a clone from EP III but I'm not sure which kind yet. Can't settle on the right color.

12. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    My clone trooper bucket should be here soon so I'm going as duh..a clone from EP III but I'm not sure which kind yet. Can't settle on the right color.
    [/quote]

I like the blue trooper who told Jimmy Smits to beat it. I also like the biker scout who TRIED to shoot my litle green friend in the back on Kashyyk. travel, airport, southern ca

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I like the blue trooper who told Jimmy Smits to beat it. I also like the biker scout who TRIED to shoot my litle green friend in the back on Kashyyk. travel, airport, southern ca[/quote]

The blue guys that stormed the Jedi Temple are actually the 501st. That was pretty cool of Lucas naming them after the offical 501st group that does all the charity work. If I get my suit ready, I'm joining them. People laugh, but they do a lot of 'Make A Wish Foundation" things.

14. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    The blue guys that stormed the Jedi Temple are actually the 501st. That was pretty cool of Lucas naming them after the offical 501st group that does all the charity work. If I get my suit ready, I'm joining them. People laugh, but they do a lot of 'Make A Wish Foundation" things.
    [/quote]

That's awesome. I hear they do do a lot.

15. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm halfway done with my first costume ever. A Padme Return to Naboo battle dress (maroon). I don't know if I'll have another costume for the con yet though. Gotta leave some room in the suitcase for purchases! :p

16. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I am actually working on joining the 501st as I write this. I am creating an AT AT Driver costume. I will more than likely be bring it to StaWaCon07 (C4). I also have a Jedi costume, hand made, I wore that to C3. I am also hoping to have a stormtrooper done for StaWaCon07. I have been trying to decided if I will be a sand trooper or just a normal death star trooper.

17. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I have my Endor commando and my Fleet Trooper done. I'm thinking about doing a slave Leia, but I look like the Rancor Keeper.

18. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    I'm doing an Aurra Sing costume minus the rifle and a Jaina Solo costume from a japanese book cover.
    The Aurra costume is for the days when I have a few hours to get ready (Sat and Sun) the Jaina costume is easy and will be for friday and monday.
    My husband is doing Plo Koon and possibly a Kip Durron.

Three of my friends are also going in costume, one Mara Jade, one Callista, and one random orange Twi'lek.

19. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm bringing most os my 'wardrobe' and adding a few more peices for C4.

AOTC Black Corset
    Picnic Dress
    Femme Tie
    RFT
    CW Snow Bunny

Things I'm making...
    CW Purple Ilum Dress(I'm finsihing up gathering materials for it and have a mock up started)
    Blue Tatooine Poncho (I just started this today)
    Surprise ROTS costume (one I haven't seen done yet ;) ) I have sample materials and notions arriving soon :)

My husband will have his Jedi (2 versions) and his RFT.

20. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm hoping to have a stormtrooper costume done (and hoping to join the 501st)

I also have a dark jedi/sith lord costume, red tunic, black pants and black cloak, red lightsaber.

Would also like to have an imperial officer outfit, but I'm not sure they have those for girls... ;)

21. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    I've got a few costumes in mind.

1) Stormtrooper (i'm joining the 501st as soon as its done)
    2) Han Solo
    3) Qui Gon style Jedi costume
    4) Rabid Fanboy (i've described this as wearing as much Star Wars apparel as humanly possible. SW tshirt, socks, boxers, hat, etc)

some of the maybes for the 5th day are:

Jacen Solo (jumpsuit costume visible on a few book covers)
    Ulic Qel Droma
    Jagged Fel (black and red Chiss uniform)

22. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm seriously considering on purchasing a Biker Scout kit, and plan to assemble it and buy all the needed accessories. It all depends if I can raise the cash in time, because I'm still saving up for C4.

23. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Can't wait to get there.

24. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Me too! I'm beginning to think that I will go crazy before next May... or at least all of my friends think so.

25. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    It's not even funny. I'm on these boards all day, I'm looking at airlines websites all days counting down the days until I can book a flight, I am booking things for me and my wife to do next year.......it's like a disease or an addiction. We should all get together and do a Celebration before Celebration. HAHAHA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.