main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is dressing up? What are you going as?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    The white Vader came from an alternate reality Star Wars universe graphic novel where key parts of the story were changed. I believe it was called Infinities. In this version of Jedi, Vader lived at the end and changed his suit from black to white and took up a blue saber. I saw a guy with that costume at C3... was really cool.

As far as an inverted Maul... eh, I'd rather just do a regular Jedi Zabrak.

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm going in mouse ears, rose boxers, a hasbro lightsaber and a shower cap.

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Dude, do you know where you can buy a very authentic Slave Leia outfit? I know someone who might be interested and everything I see on the net is crap. So many people make this thing and they aren't very accurate. Money doesn't seem to be an issue for this friend of mine and I would LOVE to see her in it. YUB YUB!

4. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Try this site....seems to be the hot spot for Slave Leia stuff
    http://www.leiasmetalbikini.com/buy.html

5. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Then there is this site:

Three Muses Clothing

This person is actually selling these pieces: http://www.swchick.com/costume_slave.htm

VK Note: I fixed the link, but the image won't load, so I took it out.

6. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    I am going in a Obi-Wan style Jedi Outfit and hopefully I'll have a Luke ROTJ costume done by then.

7. gracefuljedi

gracefuljedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    Yeah thats my idea have sparkling white robes instead of black and a blu9e doulble saber and white hair lol stand out from the crowd

8. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    yay my grandmother just finished my first costume and it freekin rocks outloud[face_dancing] ha ha its obi wan style but the outer tunic is red and so is the obi part and the rest and the cloak is black cause it always more fun to be a bad guy...sith happens lol

9. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    This might be a bit off-topic here, but some of the fan costumes at C3 were totally amazing. Some of my favorites at C3 were the fans dressed up as:

- a Jawa (with glowing eyes and all)
    - Dengar (this fan was dead-on perfect with the entire costume)
    - the two Sandpeople with baby
    - the really, really tall guy in the Chewbacca suit. He said it took him over 10 years to make it from scratch.

I give these fans loads of credit for taking the pain-staking time to create their costume piece by piece. They are so much better than your basic Vader, Stormtrooper, and Boba/Jango Fett costumes that you can buy in one shot out of a box.

And I know fans at C4 will be even better with their costumes. Can't wait...

10. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I thought I would yack if I saw another tacky Aayla Secura. I mean if you can't pull off high quality blue make up... why bother? I saw a guy walking around in a Threepio costume, but it was the kind that cost $39.99 from the Star Wars shop. It was so tacky but funny as hell that he wore it to the convention. I'd love to do that but I'd take it one step further. I want one of those plastic Luke masks with the string. HAHA! I'd wear that and a classic white plastic light saber.

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    And some of the women in the Slave Leia outfits at C3.... well, let's just say some of them should have maybe used better judgement when deciding what costume to wear. [face_sick]

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Some should have just been Jabba.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - or the Rancor Keeper...

14. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    That ain't right. [face_shame_on_you]

15. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I give Kudos to any lady without a man's idea of what a perfect female body should look like to wear a Slave Leia outfit. She'd have to have a lot of self confidence and guts.

Cut us some slack guys!!! When ya'll get bodies like Hugh Jackman, then you can give us grief!

16. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I didnt think there were anything wrong at all with any of the slave leias I saw at C3 at all.

17. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    You make a good point, but the fact is that I didn't see any oput of shape guys walking around CIII in their underwear with a cigar hanging out of their mouths and blades on the hands.

It does take guts to wear an outfit like that. When Carrie Fisher put on that outfit, she cemented herself into history. She also helped millions of boys get through puberty. Carrie had a rocking body back then. She wore it very well. If I were a girl, and I didn't have a flat stomach or a tight little rump, I wouldn't put it on. the whole point to wear the slave outfit is to look incredibly sexy. Some people can wear it, others can't. Hey, I'm 5 foot 4 inches tall, as much as I would like too, I can't wear a Darth Vader costume. "Aren't you a little short to be a Sith Lord?"

Jedi Fan, you know there are people out there that wear things that they shouldn't. With all that said, I love ANYONE in a slave leia outfit. My cable guy could make that outfit look good.

HAHAH! Just kidding.

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I work with middle school kids. There are so many of the girls that might weigh about 95 lbs soaking wet and they truly think they're fat. Society has put a lot of pressure on these gals to look like Kate Moss. :rolleyes: It's sad!

On a much light note: At the Comic-Con this year, I saw a chubby man walking around in an oversized diaper. I don't remember if he had little wings like cupid or if he was like the New Year baby. I was just so amazed that he had the courage to wear that diaper!! Hugh Jackman has no competition from Diaper Man, but you had to really admire the guy's guts!!! Major kudos to him!

The cable guy?? [face_sick]

19. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    kate moss wants shooting thats all I have to say
    Its a free world at the end of the day so people can wear what they want to conventions (within reason i.e. walking round with their underwear on or just naked)
    Anyway get back to what this thread is about which is what people will be wearing to C4 cause it will only blow out of hand :D

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It will be interesting to see if Diaper Man appears! [face_laugh]

As of yet, I don't have a costume. :( A friend was going to make one for me, but she had a death in her family and has had to put it off. I just want to do a basic jedi to start, then, who know? Perhaps slave leia???[face_sick] [face_laugh]

21. CC-1138

CC-1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    Im trying for a stormtrooper!! that will make the event even more joyfull for me :D.

if i cant get my hands on one though, i guess ill be going as a jedi :p

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *dances*

Got my badge ordered.

I am really excited about getting to be Darth Talon for 5 days. My lekku design is working out well :) Which means I will have moving lekku. I am so stoked for C4!

23. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I would love to bring a costume along, but for the life of I can't find any place that sells a good Grand Admiral uniform. I guess if you can't find the uniform on ebay that uniform doesn't exist! I found on different forums where you can make it yourself but the instructions they have are way too involved for me, plus I can't sew worth a damn. Same thing with the stormtrooper armor. It would be great to have a set of custom made stormtrooper armor. If there is anybody out there knows a place where I can get a Grand Admiral uniform or if you can sew and and know how to make one give me a PM. :) :) :) :) Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Darth Ludicrous

24. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    PM coming your way ;)

25. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    My special costume is 50% done, now there's just a LOT of hand beading to do [face_hypnotized] and some make-up to figure out :D When it's complete I'll show all ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.