main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is dressing up? What are you going as?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I can't wait to see it. You and will are staying at the Omni right?
    My wife and I are as well.

2. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm afraid the extent of my dressing up will be alternating between my C-3PO and R2-D2 belt buckles.

Hey, I have enough trouble just dressing as myself, let alone anyone else.

3. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Now we're at the Westin :D Eeeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait.

4. rockskigrrl

rockskigrrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2006
    I'll be concealing myself in Jedi robes......

5. lourod72

lourod72 Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2006
    I'll most likely only take my Tusken Raider and my Darth Nihilius.

6. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    one of my coworkers said she'd help me make my Imperial General costume! I'm very excited! :)

7. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, I do ESB Han, a Biker Scout, an Imperial Officer, and should have a Jedi by C4. I wouldn't mind a reble pilot by then but there probably isn't enough time.

8. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    Rebel pilot is REALLY easy to do. Since I dont know anything about resin casting, I'm buying the kits for my chestbox and helmet and modifying them. The flightsuits can be bought for about $40 online in the right color. If you need any help let me know!

I have changed my mind SO many times, but I've got the final costumes. I was too worried about airline restrictions that I changed my mind about Aurra Sing and Deliah blue. Now I've got three in the works, Jaina Solo. Her NEGTC outfit, a sleeveless jedi costume from the NJO covers, and the Rogue Squadron uniform. Heres the links to the costumes:::

NEGTC Costume
    http://www.geocities.com/scruffyrebel/jbig1.jpg

NJO Bookcovers (These are the same costume, I'm doing mine in brown)
    http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_books.asp?books=books/bookcovers/jpn/images/refugee.jpg
    http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_books.asp?books=books/bookcovers/jpn/images/reunion.jpg

Rebel Pilot
    http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_books.asp?books=books/bookcovers/jpn/images/rebeldream.jpg

-Larame Kaine

9. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Rebel pilot is REALLY easy to do. Since I dont know anything about resin casting, I'm buying the kits for my chestbox and helmet and modifying them. The flightsuits can be bought for about $40 online in the right color. If you need any help let me know!

I appreciate the offer but the only reason I have costumes is because my wife made them (except the Scout of course). I guess I shouldn't have wondered if there was enough time, what I really meant was: do I really need 5 costumes for C4? ;)

10. Tchuk_Grae

Tchuk_Grae Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2006
    Bad form! Fear of comments like that are what is keeping more lovelies from donning the garb that embodies every man's fantasy. Kudos to all the ladies that have the nerve to wear that outfit.

I do have but one complaint about certain Leias; Wear the costume or don't. Please do not wear long johns or bathing suits or whatever underneath the outfit.

11. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I'm going as Padme and Jysella Horn, poundering Jaina and Leia :)

12. TK2187

TK2187 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2006
    so far all I have is SW t-shirts but since its Christmas break now i've been thinking about Jarael from the Knights of the Old Republic comics

13. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    I'm going to order a customised set of BDUs (Battle Dress Uniform...hold on, though) with Sanctimoniously (or Sanct) in the name space and TheForce.Net on the other, a la Mike Rowe with that one episode of Dirty Jobs. If my FanForce is in any way functional, I'll make a patch set and put it in the appropriate spot. I will also make a patch for the Celebration itself.

14. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    Having just found out two weeks ago that I will be able to attend, I have spent that time deciding what new costumes I am going to make. I already have 2 different Jedi costumes, a Jawa and an Imperial officer uniform that will need altering (I have lost weight since CIII).

New costumes to make: Classic ANH Leia (bought the fabric last year)
    Rebel Pilot (from scratch, just like I did back in 1980 for ESB premiere, so all of
    the pockets will be correct)
    Jawa Jedi (based on my RPG character "Stinky the Jawa")
    a dress based on the Padme Ep III olive dress

I will also be making some new costumes for other friends who are also attending. For Christmas, I am making a friend a new set of Jedi tunics with stoles and obi as then she will give her old Jedi costume to her husband. They may also be getting Rebel pilot costumes and we may also all have Rebel costumes like those worn in ANH on board the Tantive IV.

15. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    I have a kick a** Vader costume but will not taking it with me. LA is going to be hot and I do not think I can take the heat in it. Heck I had it on in December and still sweat like a whore in church. And it was lower 60s.

Dark Anikin will be the only costume I will be taking.

16. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I am still going as a Jedi. My wife is still going as a Pink Jedi. Black boots and a Pink Jedi outfit. Oh and my Park Saber hanging from her hip. She still can't believe she is doing this. HAHA!

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll probably alternate between Stormtrooper and Rebel Fleet trooper.

18. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm bringing my Luke ROTJ, Anakin AOTC, and TIE Pilot. I'm hoping to have an Anakin ROTS and/or a Stormtrooper, but being currently unemployed, that's going to be a challenge.

19. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    ^ I was where you were at a few months ago (unemployed that is). I wish you luck!
    I'm all set to finish my Ceremonial Leia costume in a few weeks or so!

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm thinking about doing a younger version of Jocasta Nu. Instead of a long skirt, I'll have pants and boots, but use the same tabbards she has in Ep. II.

21. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    I've changed my costuming plans-again! Now i'm still working on two jedi costumes (one for myself and one for my daughter) and two Leia costumes (one for each of us). I also have a set of Leia pajamas I have to make for her:)! If I get ambitious I may make an additional "dark Jedi" costume, since I have the fabric for it anyway, but probably won't get the time for that. Having to make two of each makes it labor intensive..

22. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I am going to attempt Queen Leonie of Zeltros:

[image=http://wizards.com/starwars/images/starwars/zeltron_king_queen.jpg]

My medieval costuming experience will come in handy for the hat!

In addition, for more casual wear, I have the pattern I got from C3 for Han Solo's ESB jacket. :D I just have to find navy twill that I like.

23. jamesvader

jamesvader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    I will be bringing 2 costumes: Clone Commander Bacara, and my non-canon clone "Commander Voltaire" snow commander custom
    (pic featured on www.starwars.com San Diego Comic Con 06'). For pics just click on my Myspace link. I have a few WIP pics of the Bacara armor posted as well. I cant wait!

24. Jedi_Nausicaa

Jedi_Nausicaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I'll be making a Twi-lek jedi costume, and I figured that if I had the time I'd make some sort of chiss outfit too, since my skin will already be dyed blue ...

As to some of what was discussed earlier -- I'm a bellydancer and I've seen women of all shapes and sizes wear bellydance costumes and look sexy ... and then there are others who don't. My midriff will show in my costume, but my hips are bigger; no one will want to see my legs, so they'll be covered.

25. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I will be dressing up as a clean, well bathed fan... unlike some of the other fans who shower once a month and smell like a trash compactor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.