main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is dressing up? What are you going as?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    As a side note, don't take offense for my previous post. I actually like to get my picture taken with all of the people in their costumes. It's actually one of the better parts of the cons - espeically when there is someone who is dressed up as a Rebel Soldier on Hoth with a Tauntaun or my favorite cape wearing, Bespin-gambler, lady killer, like at CIII.

I'm still waiting to see somebody dressed up as Mr. Calrissean, decked out in gold from ROTJ with a Nien Numb co-pilot puppet on his right hand. I would do it, but I don't have the time. As for me, I will be the guy wearing jeans and a different Star Wars shirt for all five days. Try and pick me out of the crowd.

2. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006

So is this a non SW costume you will be wearing?
    Just wondering if anyone does that at SW Cel.?

3. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    You can always find a few non-SW costumes at Celebrations :) and they too are appreciated.

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    But that isn't a non-Star Wars costume! The pink-skinned Zeltrons figure prominently in the old Marvel Comics series.

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Well, we are a family of costumes galore so here it is:

Me = Padme Brown Sleeveless costume from Ep 3, My Jedi Costume and Padme's Funeral Gown complete with Japor Snippet.

Shane = The Husband... Jedi Costume and Anakin's Episode 3 Jedi Costume.

Son = Jedi Costume and Rebel X-Wing piolet costume.

Daughter = Jedi Costume, Padme Picnic Dress, Rebel X-Wing costume.

We need a large suitcase just for all our costumes...WOW.

Can't Wait!!!

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Just got something to go with my armor at C4 in the post so be weary and on the watchout
    [image=http://i5.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/86/c4/9d52_1.JPG]

7. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    Very nice, Star Wars handcuffs. Look out Rebels and Princess Leia!

8. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I am sure there is plenty of rebel scum I can target. :D

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    The picture wasn't even loading for me :p I was just answering the question :p

10. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    How do you think Star Trek costumes would be received at C4?

11. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I dont know how it would end up in a star trek costume but I do know I got barged into and recieved dirty looks by some klingons at comic con 05 whilst walking by their fan table in stormtrooper armor.

12. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    [face_laugh]

13. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Oh, nonononono. It is a very SW costume, from the Star Wars Marvel Comics that ran between 1977 and 1986. Zeltros made their first appearance with Dani in the #70s and appeared often and even featured as named characters and important participants up through the final issue, #107. In fact, Zeltrons figure prominently in the Dark Lady Lumiya storyline. :) Most recently, Deliah Blue is a Zeltron ship engineer/mechanic in the Legacy comicbook series from Dark Horse.

14. jamesvader

jamesvader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    Dude, I want a set of those cuffs. PM sent.

15. MarsSky

MarsSky Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    I thought I had my costumes planned out for C4, but I just had an odd idea, so I'd be grateful for some opinions on it.
    Would it be a little off the wall if my sister and I dressed as the Tonnika sisters? (Well, if you're going to get really techincal, as Shada and Karoly pretending to be the Tonnika sisters. Heh.) I'm sure that people would recognize the costumes, but since the characters only appear for a moment, and they are extras afterall, would it be too strange a thing to emulate? I just wonder if the general reaction would be "Hey, cool," or "Wow, those people have too much time on their hands."
    Or maybe people have already costumed as the Tonnika sisters and I just never knew it. Any thoughts?

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That would be a great idea -- the characters are very recognizable, so I think you'd get a lot of attention.

17. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I have found out from these conventions that there no character that is out of the question. At CIII there was a guy dressed up as Elvis in a Stormtrooper outfit and a guy dressed up as a hyperdrive mechanic. If you could dress up to be someone that generic I think the Tonnika sister would be just fine.

18. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    There was also a Jack Sparrow stormtrooper I think. Or was that C2?

Yeah, there really isn't any costume that wouldn't be recognized and complimented. As you make your way through the convention center, you'll see everything from children in $20 jedi Halloween costumes, to the guy who spent $5000 on a wampa costume with real animal fur. Everything from the Lucas lookalike in plaid shirt and jeans, to the best San Hill costume anyone's ever seen.

19. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    You sound like Rick Moranis from Ghostbusters 1 ! :D

20. Jedi_Nausicaa

Jedi_Nausicaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Will most people be wearing a different costume each day? I don't think I'll have the time to make more than one.

21. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'd say no. Some people will have one for each day - some of my friends had more than that at C3. Some people wear the same one every day, but that gets kind of icky after day 2 or 3 I think.

22. morpheus1977

morpheus1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2005
    thats why I always bring laundry soap with me and just hand wash everything in the tub
    BTW I will be comming as a dark jedi and a custom mando alternating

23. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    We are all bringing two a piece. We want to wear some comfortable clothes too, because most costuming is uncomfortable and me being 7 months pregnant at the time of the convention, comfort will be a necessessity.

But, we are going as a Jedi Family, and then the next time we are all wearing different kinds of costumes. I cant wait to see the kids all dressed up!!!

24. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I was looking forward to dressing up and then decided not too. I still want to, but I am only going to con for about a day and a half.

Plus my wife and I went to the NY Comic con. Now, keep in mind this was her first convention. Sci Fi, horror, anything, This was her first. After about an hour of bumping into smelly 43 year old men, whining kids and anyone else standing in one spot doing nothing, we diecided not too. To get a costume made for her and for me to bring my parks sabers, boots, and the rest of my Jedi costumes, it was just too much. Jeans and a Star Wars tee shirt and going to my costume.

25. Celina_Marniss864

Celina_Marniss864 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    MarSky: I think the Tonnika sisters would be awesome! As, D-Ludicrous said, it's pretty much "anything goes."

I myself am doing two costumes this year (and keeping my fingers crossed that I will, in fact, have time to finish the second one...). One is a Chiss costume--formal/ceremonial robes. The other is a Super-Secret Surprise Costume I'm putting together as a gift to my pen-pal of the past 9 years, who I shall be meeting for the first time at C4. Alas, I can't really say anything more about it, as I know he frequents these forums, and I can't risk him finding out the details. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.