main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the best developed character in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by dolphin, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Vader on the other hand, starts out as the head hancho of the Empire (next to palps) and in ESB his conflict begins. He realizes that there is someone out there who cares for him and begins to question all that he has done with his life for that last 20 years

Luke never shows any signs of caring for him until ROTJ. And Vader never shows any signs of regret, remorse, or questioning his path in life. Even if you believe his offer to Luke was sincere--which is doubtful, considering that he defended Palpatine--he is still very much a Sith, and wants only to convert Luke to the Dark Side just as Palpatine converted him.

2. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I would say its a tie between Anakin, the droids, and Ob1.

3. Obi-Ewan

Jan 24, 2000
    The droids? They don't really seem to me
    to grow that much over the course of the story. R2-D2 simply reveals new gadgets in every movie, but his personality is pretty much the same. Physically, C-3PO evolves from skeletal form to junk coverings to gold coverings. But personally, his development is in the old trilogy, and consists of initially being "not very good at telling stories" to telling stories to the Ewoks. But he's still the same sensitive, quirky, neurotic, and dare I say it, effeminate droid that he begins the saga as.

4. anakinsrightarm

anakinsrightarm Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I would say that in the end it will be Anakin....I mean, we've followed him from childhood thru his rise, fall, and redemption. No other character has been more fully observed....even Obi Wan. I mean, Kenobi's character has been the most consistently "well-acted"...so I think he and Han are probably the most charismatic of the lot....but we still know nothing of Kenobi's background, etc.

Anakin/Vader is undoubtedly the most fleshed out character.

5. Obi-Ewan

Jan 24, 2000
    but we still know nothing of Kenobi's background, etc.

Compared to Alec Guinness's performance, this is background.

6. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Anakin is the best developed character, no contest.

7. Idril_Carnesir

Idril_Carnesir Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2003
    1. Anakin/Darth Vader - it is his story.
    2. Luke - he shows a great deal of developement.
    3. Obi-wan - he also shows a great deal of developement.

:D

8. byrdnest

byrdnest Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    doods, by literary standards, the answer is Luke. he goes from farmboy to initiate to fall to hero. dont confuse that with the character who is dynamic. that would be vader of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.