main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who is the Greatest Sith Slayer of the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Erkan12, Jan 23, 2021.

?

Who is the Greatest Sith Slayer of the Saga?

1. Obi-Wan / Ben Kenobi

38.2%
  2. Anakin Skywalker

47.1%
  3. Rey Skywalker

14.7%
  1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    As the title asks, who is the greatest Sith slayer of the Saga?

Obi-Wan / Ben Kenobi: slayed Darth Maul.

[​IMG]

After the Sith Lord Maul killed his Jedi Master Qui-Gon, with his rage Obi-Wan held his own against the Sith Lord, however he still got disarmed and thrown into the melting pit. When Maul got overconfident, and underestimated his unarmed opponent, Kenobi caught Maul off-guard and cut him in two.

But this was still not enough to defeat the Sith Lord, by using the Dark Side, Maul managed to stay alive after receiving help from Nightsister Talzin. After causing so much trouble in the Clone Wars, 17 years after he found Kenobi on Tatooine, and this time the Jedi Master finally managed to stop the Sith.

[​IMG]

Anakin Skywalker: slayed Darth Tyranus.

[​IMG]

After getting trained by Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Jedi arts for years, Jedi apprentice Anakin's first encounter with Tyranus, a.k.a Count Dooku didn't go so well. During the Clone Wars, they fought with Dooku many times, however their duel in the Invisible Hand was going to be the last.

[​IMG]

Rey Skywalker: slayed Darth Sidious.

[​IMG]

After defeating Kylo Ren on Starkiller Base, and surviving Snoke with the help of Kylo Ren, she finally got trained by Leia Organa for a short time and then she faced with Palpatine, her grandfather. Although both Ben Solo and Rey lost to Sidious at the beginning, with the help of the past Jedi knights she was able to fight again and defeat Sidious once and for all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Awushi Awere likes this.
  2. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I'm going with Obi-Wan mainly because he didn't just kill Maul, but killed him twice. Plus I believe Maul was the most powerful of those mentioned, at least at the time of their demise. Dooku wasn't as skilled of a combatant as Maul, even if he may have had a better mastery of the dark side. And well, in TROS, Palps is essentially on life support, and in a diminished state desperately seeking a host for the spirit of the Sith to continue. This is not to say Palps wasn't still powerful, but he wasn't at the height of his power and ability as he was in ROTJ.

Erkan12 likes this.
  3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I'm going to go with Rey because by that point Palpatine had become almost cartoonishly powerful.

Erkan12 likes this.
  4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I'm voting for Anakin. Technically he has 2 to his credit. Tyrannus and Sidious (and yes I am counting Sidious because the ST bringing him back so that Rey could undercut Anakin's sacrifice was ridiculous.) IMO the moment Vader chose Luke over Palps, he was Anakin Skywalker and Vader no longer.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Hmm. I’m going to say Anakin because he has Dooku and Sidious to his name. Dooku was an insanely impressive win.

Obi-Wan has Maul (x2) who isn’t as impressive as Dooku or Sidious. And Rey has Sidious, but technically she had the help of all the Jedi so it wasn’t all her doing.

Awushi Awere likes this.
  6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Whether something is ridiculous to someone or not hardly matters one bit. No idea why that should even matter here though, because Anakin did kill Sidious in ROTJ, regardless of whether he returned or not.

I don't think there's much of a definite choice really. There simply weren't enough Sith around for anyone to kill lots of them. Not to mention that there is a difference between besting someone in combat and stabbing someone in the back (literally or figuratively), as well as a difference between Sith in terms of their skills. And on top of that, there is also the amount of chances someone had. E.g. Obi Wan might have killed Maul, while Yoda and Mace Windu never killed a Sith, but they very well could have if they had been in Obi Wan's place.

Erkan12 likes this.
  7. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    They might have killed him or not, I agree. But we know that Yoda had the chance to kill a Sith in Episode II, but still Dooku managed to escape, also as well as Mace Windu had the chance to kill a Sith, Maul in the Clone Wars, when they faced with each other in the Mandalorian Outpost (Son of Dathomir comic book, canon) Maul also managed to escape after dueling with Mace Windu and Aayla Secura.

I think the plot is important here. Kenobi needed to be the one to kill Maul because Maul killed Qui-Gon, and he needed to face with him just like Luke needed face with Vader, who killed Obi-Wan. So as far as the plot goes, only Obi-Wan should've killed Maul, because it was Obi-Wan's story and Maul killed Obi-Wan's Jedi master Qui-Gon.

Its the same for Dooku, Dooku lost duels before to even Maul's apprentice Savage Opress, and later to a Jedi, Quinlan Vos, Dooku survived all of that due to plot because Dooku needed to be killed by Anakin because Anakin lost his arm to Dooku, and Anakin wanted revenge and that was going to be an important piece in Anakin's choice to turn to the dark side.

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    For me, it's either Obi-Wan or Anakin. Anakin for killing Sidious in ROTJ (I don't count his resurrection in TROS because he fell down a massive chasm and was blown up by the Death Star, so the dude counts as dead to me), and Obi-Wan for killing Maul (I consider him to have died in TPM because he got chopped in half and fell down a massive pit, so the dude counts as dead to me after that) and maiming Anakin in ROTS.

elfdart, wobbits and Erkan12 like this.
  9. Martin Hoffmann

Martin Hoffmann Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2020
    1. Anakin Skywalker (kills the real Emperor)

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (kills Darth Vader in Episode III)

3. Rey (kills the clone of the Emperor)

10. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    Anakin because he killed Count Dooku AND Palpatine.

I can't really say Obi-Wan because Dooku owned him every time they met and Yoda wouldn't let him face Palpatine.

Rey was a cartoon fighting a cartoon so I can't really count that.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Gotta be Anakin. He's the only one who really did it on his own. Not to mention he destroyed Darth Vader as well, in a sense.

12. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    Forgot about that.

Palpatine, Vader, and Dooku is a nice Sith slaying resume.

Mark Pierre and DARTH_BELO like this.
  13. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    Anakin
    He killed Tyranus and Sidious, he also is the greatest Jedi Slayer of all time

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  14. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I feel like to review it quantitatively, it depends on how one interprets Palpatine's "I am all the Sith" line

If he implies that past Sith are literally living through him, then Rey sorta kinda committed heroic genocide and killed 1000 years of people in one go

If he was speaking figuratively, then Anakin has the highest kill count, with Dooku, Palpatine the first time, and metaphorically himself as Vader

15. JMCYoda

JMCYoda Jedi Master

Oct 25, 2011
    I voted for Anakin, because he killed 3 Sith Lords.
    First, he killed Darth Tyrannus in the beginning of RotS.
    Second (and third too), he killed Darth Sidious by making him do a header into the reactor core (or where ever that shaft in the Emperor's Throne Room went), and as he put down Sidious, he got a freebie by Palpy's Force Lightning killing Darth Vader.

Of course, I guess that credit for Lord Sidious' death has to be shared with Rey Palpatine because Darth Greedious (Mickey) threw away Ani's sacrifice by making Palps the big bad for the ST.

16. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Rey killed Darth Sidious' clone. Anakin killed both Darth Tyrannus and the original Darth Sidious.

[face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Watcherwithin likes this.
  17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I’d say that Anakin slew the greatest Sith.

18. JMCYoda

JMCYoda Jedi Master

Oct 25, 2011
    You mean Darth Vader? Sidious? or Tyrannus?

19. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Sidious.

20. Ash_Skywalker

Ash_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 7, 2021
    For me, it is Anakin Skywalker or Obi-wan Kenobi and I voted for Anakin Skywalker.

21. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I'm going with the greatest Jedi Slayer/Chosen One, he killed all the sith and most powerful Sith.

He killed Count Dooku
    He killed Darth Sidious
    He killed Darth Vader, from a certain point of view

Obi-Wan and Vader, felt like Anakin was dead, consumed by Darth Vader. I believe when Darth Vader chose to save like, he killed Vader and once again became, Anakin Skywalker The Chosen One