main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is the *MAIN* Character from the Complete Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth-Jett, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Jett

Darth-Jett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    I've been thinking alot about who the Saga focuses on, and I've come to the conclusion that it must be either Anakin Or R2-D2 and 3PO.

2. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    That's a good question. My guess would have to be Anakin/Vader, as it's basically his journey from childhood to turning to the Dark Side, and ultimately his redemption and death.

As for the droids, they're in every episode as well but none of them are really about them. The only other character that appears in every episode (as of right now) is Obi-Wan, but his role is really limited in Episodes V-VI.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Anakin. Next question. :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Starring Anakin/Vader
    also starring Obi-Wan Kenobi
    C-3P0
    R2-D2
    Yoda
    Palpatine

I would say Anakin is the major character.
    That is the basic supporting cast.

5. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I like to think that the Saga is about Anakin, whil ete PT is about Obi-Wan and the OT about Luke.

But it would probably be more correct to say that the PT is about Anakin as well.

6. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
    The saga is obviously about Anakin, but it feels like it is being told by those around him and from their point of view more than anything else.

7. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    the complete saga, in itself, is the story of a man named Anakin Skywalker. we see his humble beginings as a junkyard slave, his rocky adolecence, his decent towards darkness, and finally, the redeeming circumstances of his death. The Saga is Anakin's story, though Luke is the main character of the EU and OT.

8. JediSF

JediSF Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Anakin and Obi-Wan

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Salacious Crumb

Actually, I have to go with Anakin. As much as I'm inclined to say Obi-Wan because I care about his story more, I know Anakin's *supposed* to be the main character :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

10. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Salacious Crumb

:eek:

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Just for you, Adam. Just for you ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    R2-D2 and 3PO.
    Thats what george said.

13. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    I think R2 has a deeper meaning in the Star Wars movies than I've ever realized. Frankly, if it wasn't for him too many things never would have happened, beginning with the first thing he did:

Had he not fixed the power shield generator in Episode I, they would have never made it past the blockade and eventually to Tatooine.

Unless the DVDs changes this, only these characters are in every single Star Wars movie:

1) Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    2) Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3) R2-D2
    4) C-3PO

The saga is about a prophecy being fulfilled, manifested in Anakin Skywalker. The story unfolds of the finding and training of the young boy, his master's problems with him (as we learn about more in Return of the Jedi), two droids who somehow always make things work, an evil man with a plot to take over the galaxy (and does), and eventually leading to a 5 or so year quest of Lord Vader to find his son and convert him to his side. However, Luke here becomes the main character and converts his father back to the good side.

The story is more about Obi-Wan and Luke than it is Anakin, yet it's more about Anakin...if you understand what I mean. The whole concept of the saga is Anakin, but the first half is more about Obi-Wan's development and the second half is more of Luke's development.

14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    The story is more about Obi-Wan and Luke than it is Anakin, yet it's more about Anakin...if you understand what I mean. The whole concept of the saga is Anakin, but the first half is more about Obi-Wan's development and the second half is more of Luke's development.

I get what ya mean.

I do consider Luke to be the hero though. Nobody else could have saved Anakin but him.

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Anakin is the driving force behind the whole saga, but individually I'd say Obi-Wan is the hero of the PT and Luke is the hero of the OT. The thing is that the story isn't simply about Anakin, but about the whole Skywalker family. Most prominently it's about Obi-Wan/Anakin, Anakin/Luke, Obi-Wan/Luke. Father's and sons and grandsons ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Actually, we can just blame Dooku for the entire saga. Dooku trained qui-gon, and if not for qui-gon, we'd be lacking obi-wan and anakin. If Anakin never left tatooine, Luke and leia would have never been born, darth vader wouldn't exist, and SW wouldn't have enough plot to shake a lightsaber at.

17. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    The saga is about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

18. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'd agree with that.
    There are some very importannt supporting characters, of course.

19. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    The main emphisis of the story is surrounding the lifespan of Anakin Skywalker. However, I wouldn't specifically call him the "main" character. In The Phantom Menace he appears in the movie more than half an hour in. In Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith he is the main focus, but in the Original Trilogy he is put into a supporting character role, having considerably less screen time than Luke, Han, and the rest.

Truth is, there really isn't a main consistent character throughout the series. Each trilogy seems to focus on a different grouping of people.

So, without further pointless chatter:

Overall: Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    Prequels: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Originals: Luke Skywalker

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Anakin, for the obvious reasons, with a supporting cast of Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Luke, Padme, Leia, Yoda and Han. Oh, and the droids.

21. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I think the main character of the Saga is Anakin.I always used to think it was Luke,but after the PT came out,I can see where it's really the story of Anakin.But after Anakin,I'd say Luke and Obi-Wan are the 2 next main characters. :)

22. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Remember folks, "main character" doesn't HAVE to mean "hero".

Rick McCallum loves you!

23. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Exactly, Adam.

Main Character (and tragic figure) of the SW saga: Anakin.

Heroes of the SW saga: Obi-Wan and Luke.

24. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Palpatine is quite a major player in the movies... I'd say he moves events more so than Kenobi in the PT and OT..... I'd say that Anakin is the main character, it's his story, then Luke, then Palps, then Obi-Wan, then Yoda

25. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.