main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who is the most evil character in star wars?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jangounchained1990, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    For me it will always be Jabba the hutt.

2. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    You can always make a deal with the gangsters, but you can't make a deal with the Sith.

3. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
  4. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Really? He has a son and all, even though he is a crime lord who cares little for others, he capable of some sort of positive feelings for others...

Palpatine on the other hand is a 100% psychopath.

Not to mention Vitiate...

The Sith Camp likes this.
  5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Palpatine is an oily slimy snake and is very evil.

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Palpatine. Palpatine orchestrated the Clone Wars. He recruited Dooku, Dooku created the Confederacy and the GAR. The Grand Army of the Republic answer to Palpatine. The CIS answer to Dooku, who answers to Palpatine. No Palpatine means no Maul, no Naboo Crisis, no voting out Valorum, no dead Qui-Gon, no Darth Dooku, no Confederacy, no Grand Army, no war, no Order 66, no Empire, no Death Star, no Destruction of Alderaan, and no Galactic scale suffering. Anakin doesn't become a Jedi, but the Jedi also remain alive, so it's mostly win/win. Palpatine is the key to everything here, remove him from the equation, and the Republic simply remains a corrupt pile of dog puke, but then again that's any democracy in a nutshell. :p

DarthJaceus, Gamiel, AshiusX and 3 others like this.
  7. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Not that I disagree with your choice, but I don't think your reasoning is the safe one. If you look at that way, then Darth Plagueis is the key to everything here because he trained Darth Sidious and teach Sidious everything he knows, manipulated midi-chlorians, caused the force to become unbalanced, and he is most likely responsible for Anakin's creation as well, and his tale about the midi-chlorians caused that Anakin turns to the dark side pretty much.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  9. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Bardan Edit: Not turning this into an author bashing thread.

10. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

But Erkan12 if we talk the EU novel of Darth Plagueis consider young Palpatine was already arrogant and violent and only held back by well his resentments with House Palpatine and well Cosinga Palpatine; once Cosinga Palpatine was dead Palpatine was practically in all his glory but also with his weaknesses; Darth Plagueis had to tell Palpatine to literally SHUT UP when Palpatine was pissed off when he learned Darth Plagueis manipulated him (via a DO WHAT MUST BE DONE!) way to eliminate House Palpatine and Darth Plagueis coldly remarked Palpatine was 'arrogant, lacking compassion, violent, ambitious, full of anger... ' and many things in particular but also filled with the 'bloodlust of a serial killer' and having '17 years of bottled up rage and resentment finally broken through - no longer held back by a wall or dam of emotion' and that how Palpatine would be fulfilling the Sith Grand Scheme BUT only after extensive training and mentoring and also how the need to 'keep Palpatine in check' emotionally as Palpatine was for the matter very violent already and arrogant and cruel even before he met Darth Plagueis as he remarked when he gave Darth Plagueis a tour of Naboo along the plains on his advanced prototype high speeder ... on how he killed 2 civilians and it was simply 'paid off' by Cosinga Palpatine but that was about it ... and young Palpatine's ambition but general apathy towards his family ... surely then we can see a young psychopath - only further exploited BUT later well oiled and trained by Darth Plagueis to a harsh but high standard for the benefit of the Sith Grand Scheme eh? And the fact how Palaptine surely must have at times early in his Sith training desired nothing more than to simply kill and rule for the matter ... but the fact from what I've been told and read IF Darth Plagueis did not help him or if no one gave him the mentoring and training of the Sith - Palpatine could still have had rose to a degree of Power but never near the level of Chancellor or let alone Emperor of the Galaxy or as a Sith ... that is he at best may have been an influential criminal but thats about it ... and the fact how Palpatine claimed when he had just freshly slaughtered House Palpatine and the family guards how 'I WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO WARP BULKHEADS AND HURL BODIES ACROSS THE CABIN! I was DEATH ITSELF!' in a fit of rage and anguish and Darth Plagueis just casually remarked 'I was never one for graphic details but tell me your story as you wish and I'll listen.' - and the fact at least Darth Plagueis was close to his mother in the novel and she did share some secrets to him before she was gone and well Palpatine on the other hand he 'never gave a Force!' about anyone or anything or let alone his family - if he murdered his family at just 17 and manipulated and used anyone even loyal and close subjects - whereas well Darth Maul cared for Savage Oppress and well Darth Plaguies as I said was close to his mother and well Count Dooku for the matter he was born to wealth and later reclaimed his wealth but he didn't kill his parents ... but Palpatine ... well hated his family already at a young age ...

Dunno if Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd were like this though ... or well Valkorion (well he's known as Darth Vitiate or Emperor Vitiate) ...

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  11. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Indeed. Palpatine was a born pyschopath with a natural talent for killing people. He's the Michael Myers of Star Wars.

12. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Grand Moff Tarkin always struck me as one of the most evil people in Star Wars. The way he casually destroys an entire planet in A New Hope always gives me chills. Characters like Palpatine and Vader may be iconic but they always felt like fantasy villains to me but Tarkin had a very real kind of evil about him. In my opinion, Tarkin is the evilest and also the most overlooked villain in the entire saga.

13. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    agreed shadow trooper.

14. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Palpatine, no doubt.

15. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I agree....Tarkin is the SW equivalent of Himmler, casually going about the business of making his Emperor's vision a reality. It's almost reptilian.

16. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Emperor Darth Sidious Palpatine!
    Hell, the word INSIDIOUS means "proceeding inconspicuously but harmfully. Treacherous, sinister, perfidy."
    The Emperor is one evil dude!

17. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Actually guys I know many are tempted to say :emperor: and I agree as he is very irredeemable and at a young age was already murderous and arrogant and cruel ... and further enhanced by Darth Plagueis - afterall :emperor: didn't 'SHEE-VER' in the naked frigid cold of Mygeeto for nothing you know!

But anyways - call me a nut or maniac but I'd say ANYONE could potentially be THE MOST EVIL character in Star Wars if we think slightly more abstract.

Consider if 'the goodness in some can easily be corrupted' and how even with Padme's true claim how Anakin still had some good in him - it still did co$t him physically and emotionally and for nearly 2 decades he was a slave to :emperor: and doing nasty evil things ...

PLUS I mean imagine what if Lucas decided on Darth :yoda:, Darth Windu, Darth KENOBI?! Darth Leia? Darth Luke? Darth Jabba? Darth gosh about anyone!

Or even a sentient Zillo Beast with the Power of Speech ... the Power of Precognition ... the Power of the Dark Side of the Force...

Or even if the fact IG-88 A-D developed an incomplete yet psychopathic identity ...

Or the fact one need not be always intelligent or Powerful in a sense BUT their violence and recklessness and their ability to always return again and again could also be potential evil eh?

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Going only by the six films, Palpatine is the evilest and Tarkin is the 2nd evilest. Palpatine's eviler than Tarkin because Tarkin was presumably trying to make Palpatine happy.

19. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Exar Khan went to Yavin 4 at the advice of the dark side spirit of Freedon Nadd. There he discovered the Massassi, who tried to sacrifice him to a monstrous beast of alchemical origins beneath their main temple. he enslaved the Massassi and took over Yavin 4. He then used his Massassi slaves to construct new Sith temples and palaces, based on Sith architecture and designed to focus dark powers. His slaves also discovered the flagship of Naga Sadow beneath the ruins of an ancient Massassi temple. He also created viciousSithspawnincluding thebattle hydras,terentateks, and theNight Beast. The Sith Lord also imprisoned the souls of the children of the Massassi in a malevolent Dark Side device known as theGolden Globe.

Later, Kun allied himself with the Krath - another group of dark-siders based in the Empress Teta system under the leadership of Aleema Keto and another fallen Jedi Ulic Qel-Droma. He then went to the Jedi world of Ossus and recruited twenty Jedi to his cause, thus starting the Brotherhood of the Sith. In3996 BBY, Exar Kun along with his Krath and Mandalorian allies waged war on the Republic and the Jedi.

In my mind, he was the worst....and yes, I know how to copy and paste :p

DarthJaceus likes this.
  20. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    You can really see why Palpatine took a liking to him.

21. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine hands down.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Saga Explorer likes this.
  22. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The answer to this question mainly depends on the taken point of view. Whatever one understands by 'evil' relies on pure subjectivity.
    Many characters in SW are also archetypical, thus making 'evilness' something very onedimensional.
    All that, however, does not mean SW does not postulate certain moral questions.

Shadow Trooper likes this.
  23. Count Malvern

Count Malvern Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2015
    Hmm the most evil Star Wars character you say? Well coming from many peoples perspectives it will hands down be Palpatine, but when you think about it all he was trying to do was the same thing all Sith wanted. To destroy the jedi! However on top of this Palpatine wanted power for powers sake which he got when he became Emperor. Can we really call him the most evil in the galaxy? Yes he's done some dastardly things no question about it, but in the grand scale of things he is still a Sith and shouldn't be considered more evil then some of the ancient ones like Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, and Vitiate.

On the point of Vitiate he is hands down an incredible evil to the galaxy as not only does he want to rule but he wants to drain planets/civilizations of their energy to fuel himself. This man is a complete egomaniac that thinks himself unstoppable, will stop at nothing to accomplish his goals, and will kill anyone in his way. So ruthless in fact that he purged the Dark Council two times just because of 1 or 2 dark lords plotting against him.

The Vong shouldn't be looked over either. Their whole war was about reshaping the galaxy in a way that they saw fit. They hated technology, and every other species in the galaxy completely fine with killing them as long as they got what they want. Completely ruthless and were one of the biggest threats to the galaxy. Even more so than Palpatine or an army of Sith. They devastated the galaxy to the point that even during Cade Skywalkers time the galaxy has yet to completely recover.

Though at the top of the list in my opinions have to be Darth Traya, and Nihlus. These two are easily glossed over by others who seem to forget just what these two beings were. Nihlus was similar to a void that all he cared about was feeding. More so than even Vitiate. If allowed to continue Nihlus would've fed on the whole galaxy as there were no jedi/sith that could really stand up to him. Meetra beating him was only due to her being a wound in the force and Nihlus not being able to feed on her btw. Let's not forget to mention that he was literally holding together a Star Destroyer with the Force alone. Something that alone can support tens of thousands of tons. Back to the point while many others in the galaxy sought to rule or take over all Nihlus wanted to do was feed, Feed, and FEED! Which makes him one of the most evil characters in my eyes.

As for Darth Traya even with how much I detest her views on the force and her general conduct wanted to destroy the force as a whole. Remember the Vong that can't use the force, that have no presence in it? She wanted to do that to the whole galaxy? What type of Maniac would do such a thing? Plagueis and Palpatine simply toyed with the force a bit and Anakin was created. What Traya would've done would've caused such a disturbance that the galaxy wouldn't be able to recover. No more jedi, no more sith, no other force religions would remain. Which in her eyes was a good thing. Remember how Meetra reacted just by visiting Nathema? A planet drained of the force? How sickly she became. That could happen to every force user in the galaxy possible even leading to their deaths all because of Traya.

Wow that was long winded.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Sidious and Vitiate are the two biggest nutjobs in SW that I can think of.

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Palpatine. This is a question how? I mean good friggin' lord he's one of the more evil characters in modern fiction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.